• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by 16to87:
F**x Bosa ,.. tired of hearing bout this dude gonna fix this mess no way

Won't fix it alone, but could be a key piece.

Could also turn into a mess with all of his red flags and the draft position.

Trade down for more picks

I'd be fine with one of the other top edge rushers, too. Point is, there's talent to be had at a position if need. That can only help that part of the game plan.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
So we all of a sudden think lynch can draft well?? no f**king way you take the stud who can change the defense. Spend money on good vets and get a WR/DB in the 3rd and 4th.

Oh and tell Saleh to take a hike.

Acorn will have him covering speedy WRs or beg Shanny to have him hold a clipboard behind JG because he is very talented
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Niners99:
How is Garoppolo an injury risk?

Playing in the NFL is an injury risk. Cutting on bad turf and tearing an ACL isn't being injury prone.

Dude tears his knee on a non contact play....poster argues how he is not injury prone.

Uh, it's called "s**t happens". Doesn't mean he's injury prone.

Anyways, why do you care? Aren't you a Steelers fan now?

Ben RaplisBurger has been sidelined by injuries many times and is injury prone............
Every week we discover new ways in which to be sorrier than the week before.
Originally posted by plummerfan:
Seahawks freakin own the 49ers. For real, if Niners face the Seahawks (in the Harbaugh era) instead of the Falcons I dont think we'd be able to mention run Gore all four downs in the SB.

They never beat Harbaugh in Candlestick. They may have figured out Harbaugh's offense enough by the time the Niners played in Levi's but that was still a good 2 years away.

Probably would have been an easier win than the Falcons.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Dude, are you 12? Please point out anywhere in my statement where I said we shouldn't draft him! You clearly aren't reading my statements completely.

That's so cute lol. I guess I'm having trouble with your statements because of the massive rambling and wall of text.
Ok, but you still haven't pointed out where I stated that we shouldn't draft Bosa. My problem is with "fans" openly hoping this team loses in hopes of drafting one guy.

I guess I fail to see where people are claiming that Bosa is going to fix everything. I'm down with starting with the best prospect in the draft.

I'm not hoping for losses but I'm indifferent either way. Losing can't be the best for team morale but it'll help us in the long run
I never stated that either. Again, what I've been against is fans openly wishing the 49ers lose to get one player in the draft as if drafting that one guy fixes everything. There are so many issues with this team, so many reasons why this team is losing, far more than what drafting Nick Bosa would be projected to fix. For example, drafting Bosa isn't gonna make Shanny become a more complete head coach, or make him commit to running the ball when it's effective. Drafting Bosa isn't gonna make Saleh a better DC. Drafting Bosa isn't gonna make our WR get open, or make our brilliant HC understand that you can't win with a WR corp full of smallish, light-in-the-ass slot WR's that lack physicality, or make him understand that the ability to get open and speed are two different mutually exclusive abilities. Or . . . . .

I can go further, but I don't wanna ramble. Just may be too much for some to read.

It's rather complicated.

You could argue that one non-QB player does not change a team entirely, and to a point that is true.

However, as tight as the NFL has been in recent years, having a very good pass rusher can easily be the difference between winning and losing games. Yes, just one pass rusher could be that difference. And the SF 49ers are in a unique position that an edge guy will make Buckner and Thomas that much more dangerous on the inside.

If the 49ers pulled off the Khalil Mack trade, Garoppolo would still most likely be playing right now. That's because a guy like Mack probably does just enough to keep the game reasonable and not let Mahomes score 70 points in the first half in Kansas City. So when Jimmy has to do a bit less to stay in the game, maybe just maybe he doesn't take unnecessary risks that blow out his knee.

I remember when the 49ers played the Giants in 2014 in New Jersey, the game that Aldon Smith returned. The first drive Smith sat out, Eli drove down the field and got a quick TD. Fangio got Smith in there and Eli threw 5 interceptions, because now Justin Smith and Aaron Lynch, etc. were unblockable.

The 49ers won games without a real pass rusher this year. What they did not have this year for the most part is a real QB.

Get a real QB, get a real pass rush, add a few more pieces and the team suddenly goes from bottom of the barrel to top 10, IMO.

Don't forget guys, we had Aldon Smith on the 49ers roster from 2011-2014, but a good chunk of that from 2013 onwards was spent inactive/suspended. You could see the difference even in an elite team what that did.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Dec 3, 2018 at 12:23 AM ]
Marcel Harris' first start at SS. Added some missed tackles to the stat line, flat performance.

Tartt was a train wreck at free safety.

Disappointing to say the least.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
It's rather complicated.

You could argue that one non-QB player does not change a team entirely, and to a point that is true.

However, as tight as the NFL has been in recent years, having a very good pass rusher can easily be the difference between winning and losing games. Yes, just one pass rusher could be that difference. And the SF 49ers are in a unique position that an edge guy will make Buckner and Thomas that much more dangerous on the inside.

If the 49ers pulled off the Khalil Mack trade, Garoppolo would still most likely be playing right now. That's because a guy like Mack probably does just enough to keep the game reasonable and not let Mahomes score 70 points in the first half in Kansas City. So when Jimmy has to do a bit less to stay in the game, maybe just maybe he doesn't take unnecessary risks that blow out his knee.

I remember when the 49ers played the Giants in 2014 in New Jersey, the game that Aldon Smith returned. The first drive Smith sat out, Eli drove down the field and got a quick TD. Fangio got Smith in there and Eli threw 5 interceptions, because now Justin Smith and Aaron Lynch, etc. were unblockable.

The 49ers won games without a real pass rusher this year. What they did not have this year for the most part is a real QB.

Get a real QB, get a real pass rush, add a few more pieces and the team suddenly goes from bottom of the barrel to top 10, IMO.

Don't forget guys, we had Aldon Smith on the 49ers roster from 2011-2014, but a good chunk of that from 2013 onwards was spent inactive/suspended. You could see the difference even in an elite team what that did.

Yep and the fear of an edge rusher causes the QB to hurry his throws which may result in Interceptions which we have not seen this year. A great QB and a great ER are the main ingredients for success this day and age.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Yep and the fear of an edge rusher causes the QB to hurry his throws which may result in Interceptions which we have not seen this year. A great QB and a great ER are the main ingredients for success this day and age.

Exactly.

And if we had both we'd have a better record than the Packers this year who actually have a real QB and a decent ER (Clay Matthews).
Same ol story when the Niners play in Seattle......this is getting frustrating
[ Edited by 9er4lyphe on Dec 3, 2018 at 7:41 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone