LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

UDFA TE Ross Dwelley

Shop Find 49ers gear online
last night was his coming out party. his receptions in the 2nd half were key to pull away, especially the last one, stretching to get the first
Originally posted by socalniner:
Don't cuz he's white, but he reminds me of sKittles

Nah, not even d-list Kittles.

What makes Kittles special as a receiver is YAC, and Shanny said in the presser last night that they'd been roasting Ross all week because so far this year he was averaging somewhere between 0 and 1 yard on YAC.

Dwelley has taken a big jump for sure, but it was a big jump from a very low point (and none of this is taking away from the fact that he's been able to step in for Juice this last month).
[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on Nov 1, 2019 at 8:25 AM ]

He's nothing like Kittle. But he's a solid backup TE. Blocks well and can catch a couple passes per game
Solid find for a UDFA
He finally showed something in the passing game!
So glad we got this guy, now Kittle is expendable.
Originally posted by sacniner:

He's nothing like Kittle. But he's a solid backup TE. Blocks well and can catch a couple passes per game

Bingo!!
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
He finally showed something in the passing game!

He had a CLUTCH diving catch last week too convert a 4th down too. Give credit where it's due.

He isn't gonna make us forget about Kittle or Juice, but he does his job when called on, which has been a lot lately.
Definitely worth a roster spot for sure!
Read somewhere that Mike Person dubbed him "Baby George".

Dude is a game closing 1st down converting machine.
He looked good.
I think kittles example upgraded this guy's play.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Nov 1, 2019 at 3:17 PM ]
I think he mostly gets overlooked b/c his name is Ross Dwelley. Our TEs sound like a comedy duo.

They're good tho.
  • thl408
I think him not being Kittle allowed for this catch to happen. ARI most likely doesn't leave Kittle open like this.

Dwelley! Dwelley!
Share 49ersWebzone