There are 172 users in the forums

UDFA TE Ross Dwelley

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Antix:
Dude had two drops last night and I'm unconvinced about him. Seems like he's penciled in as the #2 but he needs to be better bc Kittle has had an injury history. Anybody have any insight on the #2 TE situation?

Drops are super unusual for him. That's the least of your worries with Dwelley. He is like a vacuum cleaner. At University of San Diego he caught everything. Including very badly thrown balls and spectacular catches going up for it in traffic. He is not the fastest and most athletic TE. But hand eye coordination and catching is absolutely not a concern with Ross Dwelley from watching him over the years in College. It's the best and most spectacular aspect of his game. Everybody can have 1 poor game or a few badly thrown passes. But that's real rare with him. Usually he makes the QB look good even on bad throws. Over time at least he is known for outstanding hands. Anybody can have that 1 game where something is different. I wouldn't read much into it.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Aug 25, 2019 at 2:55 PM ]
https://ninernoise.com/2018/09/02/49ers-5-surprising-roster-cuts-2018/2/

In training camp, Cole Hikutini was regularly working as the 49ers' No. 3 tight end behind Garrett Celek and George Kittle. Hikutini was a predominant pass-catching option during practice, and his chances of making the 53-man roster looked pretty good at the time.

However, things didn't exactly translate well over into the preseason.

Hikutini was beset by a number of drops, including a critical would-be touchdown catch against the Indianapolis Colts in the Niners' third exhibition game of 2018.

Some poor performances during the preseason, combined with Hikutini's relatively poor blocking abilities, opened up the door for fellow tight end Cole Wick to steal the No. 3 spot.

Kyle Shanahan said Cole Wick beat out Cole Hikutini for the job as the No. 3 #49ers tight end. He noted that Wick blocked really well.

— Matt Maiocco (@MaioccoNBCS) September 1, 2018
I told yall to hop onboard.

Originally posted by Heroism:

He was always a real good player at University of San Diego. I would only question his athleticism and speed at the pro level. But he always had everything else. Precise route running, excellent hands, willing blocker, hard worker, team player, not a me guy, will do whatever you need. I'm happy to see him succeed from watching him here over the years. Great for him and the local San Diego fans too who saw him grow up.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Nice
What the heck happened to this guy? Didn't see him on the field at all the past 2 games.
Thanks for the catch at 4th and 1. May very well be the game winner today.
Excellent Hands and Ball Security
Play of the game.
Another hidden gem pick-up.

next man up mentality.

Gottta love it!!
Big props to this f**king guy!

He really did some fine blocking today.
Hes filled in as best as anyone can ask for considering Jzkxdjsadkjsd is probably the best FB in the NFL today.
Had his best game as a pro today. Showing his versatility. Nice find. Another UFA find by Peters & co.... Mosley, Mullens, Breida, Wilson, Bourne, Dwelley
[ Edited by StubbyNBY on Oct 28, 2019 at 6:30 AM ]
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Had his best game as a pro today. Showing his versatility. Nice find. Another UFA find by Peters & co.... Mosley, Mullens, Breida, Wilson, Bourne, Dwelley

Good call!
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

...loooooooong list of draft picks from the 5th to UDFA's making good!
Share 49ersWebzone