LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

UDFA TE Ross Dwelley

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I see you, Dwelley. 👀

Cohn is lusting over Dwelley right now. LOL

Question though for all. The #2 TE in this offense is usually primarily a blocker. Celek. Toilolo. Does anyone think Kyle might start using a 2nd TE more as a receiver?
Yes, Hurd or Juice getting the targets though as hbacks in 12 personnel so 2nd TE might not see as many looks. Kyle uses the F receiver so 2nd TE could mix in there too
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Ya? Well I think you need to stop dwelling on Dwelley, Hero.

Choo choooo. All aboard, the Dwelley train.

• thl408
Dwelley! Dwelley!
Originally posted by thl408:
Dwelley! Dwelley!

Choo choooo. All aboard, the Dwelley train.

Almost sounds like he's got the 2nd TE spot already locked up, meaning it's a race between Toilolo and Smith at TE3 if they keep one. Both have the blocking and receiving ability but wouldn't get many snaps, maybe even inactive.

It's possible the team see Toilolo as a guy who they could have on speed dial if necessary and then they keep Smith on the roster to prevent him from getting plucked off the PS. That is, depending on the pre-season. If he struggles, he may just wind up being a PS candidate after all.
Dwelley! Dwelley!

Yes!
I think it would be a mistake to cut Toilolo
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Almost sounds like he's got the 2nd TE spot already locked up, meaning it's a race between Toilolo and Smith at TE3 if they keep one. Both have the blocking and receiving ability but wouldn't get many snaps, maybe even inactive.

It's possible the team see Toilolo as a guy who they could have on speed dial if necessary and then they keep Smith on the roster to prevent him from getting plucked off the PS. That is, depending on the pre-season. If he struggles, he may just wind up being a PS candidate after all.
I don't see anyone plucking Smith and throwing him on their 53-man active roster.

I've been reading that Tyree Mayfield has been the backup FB as well....if Juice goes down they need a FB.
  • thl408
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't see anyone plucking Smith and throwing him on their 53-man active roster.

I've been reading that Tyree Mayfield has been the backup FB as well....if Juice goes down they need a FB.
When Juice was out last season Kittle would line up in the backfield. Kittle did not look smooth trying to run block out of an I formation. Kyle then went with a lot of traditional 2 TE sets. So far in his SF career, it seems Kyle prefers having a FB instead of a second TE on the field.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

When Juice was out last season Kittle would line up in the backfield. Kittle did not look smooth trying to run block out of an I formation. Kyle then went with a lot of traditional 2 TE sets. So far in his SF career, it seems Kyle prefers having a FB instead of a second TE on the field.

Yup and Mayfield can play FB and TE

Behind the notable names and the draft pick, Tyree Mayfield flashed with the backups for a big play Sunday, per The Athletic's Matt Barrows:
"One of the longest pass plays of the day came during seven-on-seven drills when C.J. Beathard connected with Mayfield for a big gain down the right sideline. As we've written before, Mayfield, an undrafted rookie from Wyoming, is a sneaky choice for the 53-man squad because he does a little of everything, including playing fullback."
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Dwelley! Dwelley!

Yes!

Kittle, Dwelley, Toilolo
Kaden Smith to the PS
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Kittle, Dwelley, Toilolo
Kaden Smith to the PS

Problem is people saying Hurd is a TE now... so ya that's what I would do but Idk.
Problem is people saying Hurd is a TE now... so ya that's what I would do but Idk.

You're too smart to buy into the 'Hurd is a TE' mumbo jumbo, wb.

And you're too smart not to join on the DWELLEY TRAIN!!
Share 49ersWebzone