LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

UDFA TE Ross Dwelley

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I like what I saw from Dwelley last year, and by many reports, he's the second-best TE on the field in camp. His biggest weakness was blocking. Hopefully, that's improved. Dude is already a solid receiver.

[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 1, 2019 at 9:45 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
whether its him or the new 6 8 guy,,, i am fine with it. i hope celek is the hell off this team soon
Originally posted by Heroism:
I like what I saw from Dwelley last year, and by many reports, he's the second-best TE on the field in camp. His biggest weakness was blocking. Hopefully, that's improved. Dude is already a solid receiver.

With you on this. Like Dwelley and Toilolo as 2 and 3 with Celek off the team and Smith to the PS
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
With you on this. Like Dwelley and Toilolo as 2 and 3 with Celek off the team and Smith to the PS

perfect
I don't think Kaden would last long on the PS
Originally posted by illinois9er:
I don't think Kaden would last long on the PS

This. I'll be shocked if Dwelley makes the team.
I see you, Dwelley. 👀

If the reports out of camp are true and he is developing into a consistent TE, he could have a big year. Anticipating teams having a safety over the top watching kittle, he will get consistent coverage by a LB. He should win that every time. This TE combo could grow into the Hernandez and Gronkowski tandem. I know I'm being optimistic, but to have two good pass catching TE's would be awesome and open up so much.
  • dj43
Originally posted by 49ers808:

According to what Matt Barrows said yesterday, Smith is pushing Dwelley for the #2 TE spot.
I see you, Dwelley. 👀

Cohn is lusting over Dwelley right now. LOL

Question though for all. The #2 TE in this offense is usually primarily a blocker. Celek. Toilolo. Does anyone think Kyle might start using a 2nd TE more as a receiver?
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 3, 2019 at 4:48 PM ]

Originally posted by NCommand:
I see you, Dwelley. 👀

Cohn is lusting over Dwelley right now. LOL

Question though for all. The #2 TE in this offense is usually primarily a blocker. Celek. Toilolo. Does anyone think Kyle might start using a 2nd TE more as a receiver?

I don't see why anyone would want to keep Kittle the receiver off the field. Toilolo was graded the best blocking TE in the NFL if I remember correctly, so he seems like the perfect TE2 to give Kittle a breather.
[ Edited by Waterbear on Aug 3, 2019 at 4:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I don't see why anyone would want to keep Kittle the receiver off the field. Toilolo was graded the best blocking TE in the NFL if I remember correctly, so he seems like the perfect TE2 to give Kittle a breather.

My thoughts too but from MB to Biderman to Cohnhead, they all seem to be focusing on the pass catchers. Huh...
Don't sleep on Dwelley before it's too late.

Ya? Well I think you need to stop dwelling on Dwelley, Hero.

[heads over to the 53 projection thread]
Share 49ersWebzone