LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

UDFA TE Ross Dwelley

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
oh i agree.. its down the pecking order. maybe i am not giving ross enough credit. . he is actually a decent second option and we need a good third tight end.. again you are right.. its not on the high profile list of things to do.

As goofy as the video started at least he's out there working out. His foot speed looked good for what it's worth.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Howlett49:
oh i agree.. its down the pecking order. maybe i am not giving ross enough credit. . he is actually a decent second option and we need a good third tight end.. again you are right.. its not on the high profile list of things to do.

As goofy as the video started at least he's out there working out. His foot speed looked good for what it's worth.
yes.. he did good last year. won at least one game for us with two scores.. a good second tight end
Originally posted by Howlett49:
he is,. but man do we need a better second option in this area. not as big as we need a quality wide out. interior o line guy. d tackle and good cornerback but still a need

My bad. I just re-read what you wrote. I basically just repeated what you said

ok,, i felt your post made more sense than mine.. i basically just repeated what you said.. which was smarter than what i said which you said you basically repeated.. ok.. now i am in the twilight zone

in reading my response to you 49, i can see why people think i am nuts

Lol!!! You're good! I think this self quarantine is making everyone nuts! When society gets back to some sort of normalcy we may all be a little socially awkward. I'll be coming out of the house looking like Tom Hanks in Cast Away!
I told you guys he could play and he's really good. Tremendous hands and runs great routes and is just a gamer. When you would go to a University of San Diego Torrero's (not to be confused with San Diego State Aztecs which is a different team and the bigger program) game all you wold hear is "Dwelley, Dwelley, Dwelley" from the announcer. He was probably their best player. He would really stand out to you. I didn't know exactly how he would translate to the NFL. But I can tell you he was great in College. I'm glad to see it is working out very well for him and us in the NFL with the 49ers.
Dwelley train
Keep Dwelley for the rest of the season, and then sign him to a 1yr $920K deal as he's a RFA, we won't tender him, same with Wilson, sign him to a 1yr $920K deal, as he is also a RFA and won't be tendered IMO.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Keep Dwelley for the rest of the season, and then sign him to a 1yr $920K deal as he's a RFA, we won't tender him, same with Wilson, sign him to a 1yr $920K deal, as he is also a RFA and won't be tendered IMO.

I think he would probably do that and he's probably worth that for 1 year. He would do that for 1 year and then hit FA later. It would allow us to keep 3 good ones. Kittle, Reed, Dwelley. That's a lot of depth and talent at TE. More than this team has usually had over the years.
You can really see his improvement.
Looks like a little bit of Kittle is rubbing off on him.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

I believe he being less physical than Kittle makes him look SMOOTHER.. !!!

Originally posted by 9moon:

Looks like he has taken lessons from GK. Reckon he is a medium term keeper.

Stepped in for Juice last season and did well, so is versatile enough to plug holes in lineup when necessary.

Kittle plays like a lunatic at times which means he is likely to get banged up each yr, so is good to have an almost kittle to drop in as needed.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Who-is-Hayne:

Stepped in for Juice last season and did well, so is versatile enough to plug holes in lineup when necessary.

Kittle plays like a lunatic at times which means he is likely to get banged up each yr, so is good to have an almost kittle to drop in as needed.

K.I.T.T. is more like Shannon Sharpe.. he needs to be fed and will always be productive..

DWELLEY is more like Jason Witten... very reserve, but at the end of the day, you'll see him with 7 catches for 140 yards ... it's good enough that he's the type that wont get the recognition but until the end of the game !!
Safe to say Dwelley is a keeper, like I said, re-sign him to a 1yr $920K deal in 2021, have him Kittle, Woerner, and Reed if he wants to return, that's a nice TE group to have IMO. And Dwelley has really developed into a nice player, good blocker, good pass catcher, and versatile, as he played TE, and filled in for Juice at FB in 2019, and did a darn good job IMO.
Originally posted by Who-is-Hayne:

K.I.T.T. is more like Shannon Sharpe.. he needs to be fed and will always be productive..

DWELLEY is more like Jason Witten... very reserve, but at the end of the day, you'll see him with 7 catches for 140 yards ... it's good enough that he's the type that wont get the recognition but until the end of the game !!

I can't believe it, I actually agree with 9moon for once, anyway, good points moon, solid all around, right on mark, Kittle is always gonna be a 1000 yard TE, whiile Dwelley won't get the publicity Kittle gets, but will make plays when called upon.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Safe to say Dwelley is a keeper, like I said, re-sign him to a 1yr $920K deal in 2021, have him Kittle, Woerner, and Reed if he wants to return, that's a nice TE group to have IMO. And Dwelley has really developed into a nice player, good blocker, good pass catcher, and versatile, as he played TE, and filled in for Juice at FB in 2019, and did a darn good job IMO.

Agree. That is one heck of a TE group. I hope our 4 minute offense can take the place of a missing bosa to close out games. If we can't sign dwelley, I hope we can get some draft compensation for him like Brieda and Goodwin.
Share 49ersWebzone