There are 94 users in the forums

UDFA TE Ross Dwelley

Shop Find 49ers gear online
another vote for dwelley. No reason he can't take on more of the George attrtibutes, as he has shown a couple times with 3rd downs on 3rd and 6 and converted both. His blocking has greatly improved. I would just like seeing dwelley getting more instruction and 1 v 1 coaching. Do that and i wonder if he could follow in george's Footsteps.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Dwelley is fine but has been massively overrated by fans, IMO.

The two highest praise points for him are that he put in a massive amount of work to get bigger faster and stronger over the off season, and really showed a lot of grit with last second positional versatility when Juice went out.

He's useful for those reasons and maybe still developing, but he's behind Celek now because his ceiling is basically Celek, and here's not there yet.

Thinking he's on a trajectory to be more than that is just angling for disappointment IMO.

There's nothing about him that's at all reminiscent of Kittle, even in style of play or what he excels at.

There's no way you're actually watching the games if you think Celek is better than Dwelley.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
another vote for dwelley. No reason he can't take on more of the George attrtibutes, as he has shown a couple times with 3rd downs on 3rd and 6 and converted both. His blocking has greatly improved. I would just like seeing dwelley getting more instruction and 1 v 1 coaching. Do that and i wonder if he could follow in george's Footsteps.

He was doing very well with Kittle out. He won a game for us in (I believe) AZ because of his catch. He doesn't have elite speed like Kittle or Vernon Davis - but he has great hands and I think he has not reached his potential yet as a blocker and receiver.

You don't want to base your offense around Dwelley the way you'd design your offense around Kittle, for a couple of reasons, speed, blocking abitliy, inexperience. So for now, he's still developing. But once he gets more experience, and establishes himself as a 3rd down machine or a red zone threat then you can begin to design plays and game plans around him.

The nice thing about Dwelley and Kittle and how he fits into that offense is in the 4 minute offense (and short yardage and redzone situations) where he can really help Jimmy play keep away, specially from an offense like a Ravens offense that need to be iced on the sidelines to have a chance at winning.
HITMAN!!!!
He did dis

EL DORADO HILLS STAND UP!
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
He did dis

He made the big hit to cause the fumble which gave us the ball at the 1 yard line. He continues to play well even on special teams. I told you guys he could play. He was nothing but spectacular here at University of San Diego Torreros. It's nice to see him doing well. I'm glad for him.
He continues to play well. Extremely well. He had the big play down the field. His hands are always reliable. He shows how he was here at University of San Diego Torreros. He was nothing but a star and spectacular here. He shows every week he fits in the NFL. He seems to make a big play every single week for us. I'm happy for him after watching him over the years here. I definitely believed he could do it. I think he was their best player at University of San Diego.
Don't understand why this man doesn't get more opportunities. His hands are among the best on the team
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Don't understand why this man doesn't get more opportunities. His hands are among the best on the team

Probably because our best player is the guy ahead of him on the depth chart.

• mayo49
  • Veteran

He will - especially if George gets nicked.

His hands are a lot better than our WR's. Really Kittle and him have the best hands on the team. They throw to the TE's a lot. But I would like to see them do it more. They need more 2 TE sets. If Kittle gets doubled throw it to Dwelley. Dwelley doesn't give you the frustrating drops of Bourne and Samuel. That's a good thing. He needs more opportunities as a #2 TE target.
I think Shanny could scheme some incredible packages if we could pick-up another quality TE to add to Ross and Kittle.

3 TE schemes to add to the run & pass attacks.
I'm wondering if Dwelley could be a juice 2.0
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I think Shanny could scheme some incredible packages if we could pick-up another quality TE to add to Ross and Kittle.

3 TE schemes to add to the run & pass attacks.

agree, ross is a very nice tight end but we could use a upgrade there to go with him and kittle
Share 49erswebzone