There are 99 users in the forums

UDFA TE Ross Dwelley

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,036
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
He holds onto the ball and seems good in the red zone. Only problem is he has only 2 gears, first and second.

We don't need him to be a burner - just be a good possession receiver.

Agree, I think he's a diamond in the rough like a young Brent Jones. If Kittle and Dwelley are TE's 1 and 2, then TE 3 should be basically an offensive lineman from a blocking standpoint. Like another poster said, he should have hand 3 TD's in the AZ game.
our TE depth is the best in the whole league
Dwelley has all the makings of a kittle - like player. he can make catches in the clutch, is a great blocker, and can run the ball as we saw in the first AZ game, when he caught a key 3rd down pass, adn then turned around and fought for the 3 yds needed to get the 1st down. Gotta like all that .

It would be something is Dwelley turns out to be a kittle -like TE who can Run/ block/ cAtch just like kittle. That is a lot to hope for ,but i can see it. Man would that ever be nice.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Dwelley has all the makings of a kittle - like player. he can make catches in the clutch, is a great blocker, and can run the ball as we saw in the first AZ game, when he caught a key 3rd down pass, adn then turned around and fought for the 3 yds needed to get the 1st down. Gotta like all that .

It would be something is Dwelley turns out to be a kittle -like TE who can Run/ block/ cAtch just like kittle. That is a lot to hope for ,but i can see it. Man would that ever be nice.

Yep I really like Dwelley in this offense paired Kittle & Shanahan calling plays
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,036
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Dwelley has all the makings of a kittle - like player. he can make catches in the clutch, is a great blocker, and can run the ball as we saw in the first AZ game, when he caught a key 3rd down pass, adn then turned around and fought for the 3 yds needed to get the 1st down. Gotta like all that .

It would be something is Dwelley turns out to be a kittle -like TE who can Run/ block/ cAtch just like kittle. That is a lot to hope for ,but i can see it. Man would that ever be nice.

Hes developing very nicely. Hope he kills it in the playoffs.
How does he only get one snap. He can make a some good plays.
We should throw it more toward him if its there. Hes a reliable pass catcher.
Don't dwell on not going to the well too much
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
He holds onto the ball and seems good in the red zone. Only problem is he has only 2 gears, first and second.

We don't need him to be a burner - just be a good possession receiver.

Agree, I think he's a diamond in the rough like a young Brent Jones. If Kittle and Dwelley are TE's 1 and 2, then TE 3 should be basically an offensive lineman from a blocking standpoint. Like another poster said, he should have hand 3 TD's in the AZ game.

Good call

And if he can continue to develop we'll have a monster 2 TE formation to give fits to opposing Defenses.
It almost seems like Celek was automatically given the #2 TE job just a game or two after his return, which is absolutely ridiculous. He's experienced but is the worst tight end on the team in my opinion.

I love Shanahan but there are just a few things, such as the above, that drive me absolutely insane sometimes.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 7, 2019 at 1:32 PM ]

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It almost seems like Celek was automatically given the #2 TE job just a game or two after his return, which is absolutely ridiculous. He's experienced but is the worst tight end on the team in my opinion.

I love Shanahan but there are just a few things, such as the above, that drive me absolutely insane sometimes.

Agreed. Would really like to see more of Dwelley on offense this week
Originally posted by alwayssecond:
our TE depth is the best in the whole league

Hello all it's been awhile since I posted. I think we have the 2nd best TE group. The Balt trio of Andrews hurst give us a run for our money
I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this but if we lose tmr do you guys think it's a good idea to start thinking about resting players. Since we always lose 2+ players in Seattle I think it would be a good idea to go at them full strength. I'm not worried about the saints. The season will come down to the 49ers trying to beat the birds twice if we don't have home field.
Dwelley is fine but has been massively overrated by fans, IMO.

The two highest praise points for him are that he put in a massive amount of work to get bigger faster and stronger over the off season, and really showed a lot of grit with last second positional versatility when Juice went out.

He's useful for those reasons and maybe still developing, but he's behind Celek now because his ceiling is basically Celek, and here's not there yet.

Thinking he's on a trajectory to be more than that is just angling for disappointment IMO.

There's nothing about him that's at all reminiscent of Kittle, even in style of play or what he excels at.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It almost seems like Celek was automatically given the #2 TE job just a game or two after his return, which is absolutely ridiculous. He's experienced but is the worst tight end on the team in my opinion.

I love Shanahan but there are just a few things, such as the above, that drive me absolutely insane sometimes.

Agreed. Would really like to see more of Dwelley on offense this week


x 3
Share 49erswebzone