LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

UDFA TE Ross Dwelley

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
He holds onto the ball and seems good in the red zone. Only problem is he has only 2 gears, first and second.

Plus he also doesn't bring as much to the blocking game when he is on the line. He did a good enough job filling in for Juice when he was out but I don't think it has been an accident that our running game has suffered so much these past couple of weeks without Kittle in there.
Originally posted by mayo49:
He holds onto the ball and seems good in the red zone. Only problem is he has only 2 gears, first and second.

We don't need him to be a burner - just be a good possession receiver.

The way he gets open is to get lost in the offense lol
Legit red zone target
I'd like a third TE to be added in the off-season that is a monster blocker and an athletic freak like Delanie.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 18, 2019 at 8:49 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ers81:

Plus he also doesn't bring as much to the blocking game when he is on the line. He did a good enough job filling in for Juice when he was out but I don't think it has been an accident that our running game has suffered so much these past couple of weeks without Kittle in there.

Dude is a really bad pass protector...like. really bad. Very happy with his hands though. It was great to see Kittle fired up for him too.

Ugh
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Ugh

Ouch. Looks like we should have rostered a more serviceable back-up run-blocking TE.

When should we expect to see more Celek?

Agree

IMO, he'll need to get stronger to become a better blocker.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'd like a third TE to be added in the off-season that is a monster blocker and an athletic freak like Delanie.

Ditto

I'd love to see what KS can do w/a 3 TE set.
Finally proving to be worth the hype!

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

might be easier to find a LT that had enough time at TE he could jack up the defense as an eligible tackle mismatch.
Should've had 3 TD's.
Originally posted by Scottie15:

Ugh

Ouch. Looks like we should have rostered a more serviceable back-up run-blocking TE.

Toilolo would have pancaked him or at least, won his angle but he's hurt too.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Scottie15:

Ugh

Toilolo would have pancaked him or at least, won his angle but he's hurt too.

I was about to say isn't toilololol like #1 blocking te in 2018, didn't know he was hurt
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree, I think he's a diamond in the rough like a young Brent Jones. If Kittle and Dwelley are TE's 1 and 2, then TE 3 should be basically an offensive lineman from a blocking standpoint. Like another poster said, he should have hand 3 TD's in the AZ game.
Share 49ersWebzone