There are 117 users in the forums

49ers Cheerleader kneels during anthem

It's written in their contract that they have to stand a specific way for the anthem. They could let her go because she is, indeed, violating that contract. We'll see what happens. Maybe she wanted to quit anyway.
Everyone wants their soap box... imo its just as stupid as prep & high school teams doing it or on the flip side people that think it is offensive to kneel during a universal bathroom break.

But it is kind of funny that some forum posters are raggin on her so hard when this forum is essentially an e-soap box.

Soap box moment: There is no code against kneeling during the anthem but there is one against the flag being used on apparel. (not enforced or enforceable) So in the eyes of the United States, wearing an american flag T shirt is worse than kneeling.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Nov 5, 2018 at 2:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Stud:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I think at this point, I just ask myself the question.

Why? I get it for Colin and others to promote the attention to police brutality. But, to be honest. It's been going on before they did it, and it will be going on after. I love the awareness that they brought to it, but it no longer feels like that's what they are protesting. To me it seems..."oh you don't want me to kneel, well you can't tell me what to do so now I'm going to no matter what"

My Grandpa always told me, "if you aren' t unifying, you are dividing. Division creates, enemies, and enemies lead to wars, and wars lead to casualties"

I honestly think half the time, those that kneel don't really know their "why"...and, I'm not saying they should or shouldn't have a reason...but, then..why do it? why risk the negative attention? why cause a disturbance unless you know your "why" and are willing to put your career on the line for something you absolutely believe in...

Sometimes division creates unity.

Yeah, well, as evident by this kneeling stuff, this "division" has caused even more division and lacks unity. This protest has done absolutely nothing to bring people together. We're as divided as ever.

But I get it, you said something that sounded clever.

Maybe not from your perspective... which I think is the point of all of this.... we have different perspectives and just because we personally may not observe something happening doesn't mean it does not.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I think at this point, I just ask myself the question.

Why? I get it for Colin and others to promote the attention to police brutality. But, to be honest. It's been going on before they did it, and it will be going on after. I love the awareness that they brought to it, but it no longer feels like that's what they are protesting. To me it seems..."oh you don't want me to kneel, well you can't tell me what to do so now I'm going to no matter what"

My Grandpa always told me, "if you aren' t unifying, you are dividing. Division creates, enemies, and enemies lead to wars, and wars lead to casualties"

I honestly think half the time, those that kneel don't really know their "why"...and, I'm not saying they should or shouldn't have a reason...but, then..why do it? why risk the negative attention? why cause a disturbance unless you know your "why" and are willing to put your career on the line for something you absolutely believe in...

Sometimes division creates unity.

Yeah, well, as evident by this kneeling stuff, this "division" has caused even more division and lacks unity. This protest has done absolutely nothing to bring people together. We're as divided as ever.

But I get it, you said something that sounded clever.

Was the point to bring people together? I don't think so.
The majority of White People in the 1960s saw the March on Washington, the sit-ins and the bus boycotts as divisive and damaging to the civil rights cause.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Or attention

this.

This is most likely the answer. This kneeling sh-t was so last year. Seems random nowadays to just do it. She's clearly looking for attention.

When people protest , they are looking for attention .

Most likely why a lot of protests don't happen in the woods .
Why is this in the NT? This is some Parking Lot BS, not NT related at all.
I saw an article on this the other day, that made me question a lot. It was a liberal media piece praising the cheerleader for what she did. It talked about how she was confident and defiant in the picture. Defiant, really? You can tell that she is trying to be defiant from just a picture? Or are you just saying that a Black woman appearing strong and confident just MUST be defiant? Isn't that assumption in itself racist??

It also said that she was protesting police injustice. But then went on to say "she had not spoken about this". Wait a minute...if she had not spoken out about this, how do you know she was protesting police injustice? The writer just assumed, so is that basically saying that women can't speak for themselves? Isn't THAT sexist??

So much fun laughing at liberal media's double standards and hypocrisy. But truly, it made me wish more than anything, that she would come out and say "Hey sorry everyone. I had a leg cramp. What's the big deal?"
Kneeling is the biggest contribution the 49ers have recently given to the sports world. El oh el
[ Edited by LayTheWoodall on Nov 5, 2018 at 4:08 PM ]
Ya girl, get on yo knees.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Cheerleaders are people, too.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Cheerleaders get paid almost nothing. She will benefit more than she will lose if/when she gets fired.
[ Edited by Garce on Nov 5, 2018 at 4:42 PM ]
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
If I was Management I'd fire her before the Anthem finished.

Amen. So brave of them to push their agenda to get everyone to hate each other while their fake champion, Keapernick, masquerades as a victim of white oppression making 15 million a year from Nike to do what????? This entire anthem/America protests is a freaking joke.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Everyone wants their soap box... imo its just as stupid as prep & high school teams doing it or on the flip side people that think it is offensive to kneel during a universal bathroom break.

But it is kind of funny that some forum posters are raggin on her so hard when this forum is essentially an e-soap box.

Soap box moment: There is no code against kneeling during the anthem but there is one against the flag being used on apparel. (not enforced or enforceable) So in the eyes of the United States, wearing an american flag T shirt is worse than kneeling.

This.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
If I was Management I'd fire her before the Anthem finished.

Amen. So brave of them to push their agenda to get everyone to hate each other while their fake champion, Keapernick, masquerades as a victim of white oppression making 15 million a year from Nike to do what????? This entire anthem/America protests is a freaking joke.
Amen? Amen for what? All that vapid emptiness you just wrote? "Their agenda"? I guess you didn't notice that "they"' are getting plenty of hate BEFORE the kneeling started. Their "fake champion" lost any chance of the career he working so hard for. Colin NEVER claimed to be a victim, he simply stood up for those that ARE VICTIMS. The sad thing is, people like you who would call this whole thing a joke, when folks are dying for no other reason that the color of their skin is offensive to people in power.
[ Edited by eastie on Nov 5, 2018 at 5:26 PM ]
Share 49erswebzone