There are 138 users in the forums

Captains patches

I noticed tonight that we have players wearing "C" captain patches. I know in the past that we were one of the teams that chose not to. Can anyone tell me when they started wearing captain patches? I am glad the change was made. I like them.
Harbaugh said Captain patches were for hockey. Then Tomsula and Chip Kelly were too distracted with being a disaster to bother. Shanahan said he wanted to wait until the team was together long enough, and ready to name their own captains.

IMO Staley should have the 5 year gold patch, since hes been a 49er captain for over 5 years.

Also, surprisingly, I believe this is Richard Sherman's first time being a team captain.
Are these season-long Captains or are they switching Captains from game to game?

Who are the Captains now? I saw Kittle wearing one
Originally posted by Heed49er:
Are these season-long Captains or are they switching Captains from game to game?

Kittle
Staley
Sherman
Buckner
Gould

Kyle has said they're staying and that the players will vote them in.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Kittle
Staley
Sherman
Buckner
Gould

Kyle has said they're staying and that the players will vote them in.

Cool - thanks.

Look at George, 2nd year & voted a captain.
Cool - thanks.

Look at George, 2nd year & voted a captain.

I think it's huge and says a lot, I mean it's clearly Jimmy's spot but Garçon or Goodwin could have taken it. Good on him
What the "C" really stands for ...

This is the pic from 2012. Jim Harbaugh had already stopped wearing a patch.
patches???

Share 49erswebzone