LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

What bothers you about the 49ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kyle's favorites get more chances than others. Case in point, Pettis, Witherspoon, Coleman (even though he had a good game against the Vikings).
[ Edited by 60sFan on Jan 16, 2020 at 5:59 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Kyle's favorites get more chances than others. Case in point, Pettis, Witherspoon, Coleman (even though he had a good game against the Vikings).

Yeah I hear you, and Solly too

Ward is the biggest favorite with the most chances, Shanny / Saleh "will go to war with him." Finally came through this season
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Not having more RINGS. We had legit teams and awesome individuals who deserved it, but never got em.

This is another SB type team, hopefully this year is different...

Agreed. This could finally be the time we get #6 .. I feel it in the air

Yeeeeah buddy
Might make some enemies with this one but I'll take the chance. Im much more of a ghoster than a poster anyways.
THE FANS! These friggin' people that claim "Bang Bang Niner Gang" has any sort of prestige or history within the franchise. It sounds ridiculous and i seriously believe it's the worst quote in all of sports. It really doesnt matter how folks cheer on the squad. Although being labeled as fairweather and a bandwagon fan because of my assessment is unreal.
I've seen over a dozen games live starting in 2005 (living in Va makes it tough), witnessed big wins and big losses anywhere from Buffalo to Houston and more than a few in between..... The fam and i have logged close to 10,000 road miles chasing 49er games. Never heard this as a battle cry or chant, never seen it printed on a tshirt, flag or anything until E40 released the song. Not even this year in Cincy and Washington.
Overall my beef is immediately being ridiculed by other (on facebook)"faithfuls" for suggesting the chant is wack as hell and i wish it'd go away.
End rant
Originally posted by Misfit_Niner540:
Might make some enemies with this one but I'll take the chance. Im much more of a ghoster than a poster anyways.
THE FANS! These friggin' people that claim "Bang Bang Niner Gang" has any sort of prestige or history within the franchise. It sounds ridiculous and i seriously believe it's the worst quote in all of sports. It really doesnt matter how folks cheer on the squad. Although being labeled as fairweather and a bandwagon fan because of my assessment is unreal.
I've seen over a dozen games live starting in 2005 (living in Va makes it tough), witnessed big wins and big losses anywhere from Buffalo to Houston and more than a few in between..... The fam and i have logged close to 10,000 road miles chasing 49er games. Never heard this as a battle cry or chant, never seen it printed on a tshirt, flag or anything until E40 released the song. Not even this year in Cincy and Washington.
Overall my beef is immediately being ridiculed by other (on facebook)"faithfuls" for suggesting the chant is wack as hell and i wish it'd go away.
End rant

Eh...fans always come up with new chants and stuff. That's fine if you don't like this one, I like it tho
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Eh...fans always come up with new chants and stuff. That's fine if you don't like this one, I like it tho

Yea, that's cool! You like it, I don't and neither one of us are alone. That's not what irks me.
You acknowledged that it's new.... but some of these fans claim it's been used for decades and want to bash anyone that disagrees.
Maybe it shouldn't bother me so much, or maybe i should steer away from FB conversation..... ultimately i bleed red and gold and that'll never change.
How do you know Matthews wouldn't be any good? He has never been on the field for the Niners. He had 4 catches in a part time role with the Eagles in 2 games, which is 2 more than Pettis had in the last 4 games he was active. You're missing the point anyway. If you only plan to use 4 receivers, then de-activate Pettis and use his spot for another position on the active 46, since Pettis doesn't even play special teams, despite his college credentials as a punt returner.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
If Matthews is any good, he wouldn't have been waived by multiple teams this season. The last time I check, the Eagles had lot of injuries at the WR position and really needed help. Whoever is the 4th receiver (James is 5th receiver and need to be active as returner) won't play a snap, whether it is Pettis, Goodwin, or Matthews.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
It's bothering me how the game ain't started yet
Originally posted by 60sFan:

Bc they are still young guys who do play probably the 2 most difficult positions to step into the league and play, especially CB. Not talking Coleman obviously, and you just don't give up on the 3rd overall pick like that, talking Solly obviously
Originally posted by 49erfanatic:
How do you know Matthews wouldn't be any good? He has never been on the field for the Niners. He had 4 catches in a part time role with the Eagles in 2 games, which is 2 more than Pettis had in the last 4 games he was active. You're missing the point anyway. If you only plan to use 4 receivers, then de-activate Pettis and use his spot for another position on the active 46, since Pettis doesn't even play special teams, despite his college credentials as a punt returner.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
If Matthews is any good, he wouldn't have been waived by multiple teams this season. The last time I check, the Eagles had lot of injuries at the WR position and really needed help. Whoever is the 4th receiver (James is 5th receiver and need to be active as returner) won't play a snap, whether it is Pettis, Goodwin, or Matthews.

The point was for whatever reason Kyle doesn't trust Richie James as a receiver, other than a specialized role for specific plays (screen, we sweep, etc). In case one of the top 3 receiver is injured in the game, Kyle would rather play Pettis than James at WR. So he does need to have Pettis active on gameday.

Just because Matthews doesn't play for the 49ers doesn't mean Kyle doesn't know he sucks. An intelligent and capable head coach knows who is good and who is bad before playing the game. The Eagles needed so much hep but still choose to waive Matthew. That really prove he is a bad player.

Jimmy doesn't show his manhood enough. Enquiring minds want to know

Besides that, nothing to really complain about
The fact that the "i told you so" negativity contingent of fans seems to grow even in a great season. Makes you question if some fans even care about the team or just want to rain on other's parades for enjoying the moment whatever it may be.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Jan 17, 2020 at 11:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Misfit_Niner540:
End rant

This guy said FACEBOOK..

E40 Is a Rapper/artist from Vallejo (east bay) California .
Share 49ersWebzone