There are 118 users in the forums

What bothers you about the 49ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
I'm going with Saleh and his defense. I'd be shocked if Saleh is our DC next year. Something has to give. I think we have decent talent on defense but obviously we are not getting results. Wondering if the schemes are too complicated for these young guys to pick up? Whatever the excuse is, too often the safeties and cornerbacks are not playing as a unit.

And as upset as I am with Saleh, it's really ol gravel voice Baalke that set this team back 10 years. Think about how many draft choices he had and for the most part, he came up empty. This is a team that should be loaded with experienced starters and backups but alas, the shelves are pretty empty. Baalke was guilty of getting way too cute with picks, overthinking things and gambling on injured players. The net result is lackluster.
Originally posted by pete98146:
I'm going with Saleh and his defense. I'd be shocked if Saleh is our DC next year. Something has to give. I think we have decent talent on defense but obviously we are not getting results. Wondering if the schemes are too complicated for these young guys to pick up? Whatever the excuse is, too often the safeties and cornerbacks are not playing as a unit.

And as upset as I am with Saleh, it's really ol gravel voice Baalke that set this team back 10 years. Think about how many draft choices he had and for the most part, he came up empty. This is a team that should be loaded with experienced starters and backups but alas, the shelves are pretty empty. Baalke was guilty of getting way too cute with picks, overthinking things and gambling on injured players. The net result is lackluster.

Agree with pretty much all of this except Saleh being gone. Unless we just nose dive even more on defense I think he sticks. Not what I think we should do but I can't see Shammy firing him if we stay around the same on D. If he does fire him I'll have a lot of respect that he made
The change.
Same s**t, different year.
I love our fans but the homerism is super strong and we must take a more realistic view of the organization and team.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I love our fans but the homerism is super strong and we must take a more realistic view of the organization and team.

Baalke gutted this team with bad picks. Now we have a new coach and GM that have gutted the team from the s**t that Baalke left the roster with. It's year 2 of a complete rebuild. Let's wait and see what years 3 and 4 look like before judging it
I'm worried Lynch has a Stanford obsession the same way Baalke had about South Carolina.
Originally posted by hummbabybear_1:
I'm worried Lynch has a Stanford obsession the same way Baalke had about South Carolina.


I'd settle for a couple of Stanford guys playing safety right about now ie somebody that can actually conceptualize Saleh's schemes. I've never seen a team of safeties so out of synch....ever.
The defense blows so hard!
We dont play fhysical enough and dont hit the players in the mouf.

That the org had winning personnel but let ego and pride get in the way. Winning hasn't returned since and there's no sign that it'll return within the next few years.

Both those things bother me about the current 49ers org.
We're just soooooooooo depleted. Niners need to be aggressive....very aggressive in free agency. Some good defensive pieces will be available and we need to land a few especially on defense. A premier pass rusher would do wonders. Saleh needs to go.
it bothers me that 75% of the time the other team has more points than us when the timer hits 00:00.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,100
The fans
Honestly, it just bothers me that we can't catch a freaking break. Players retiring, getting hurt, season ending injuries, problem child players like smith and foster. Like...seriously, when is this crap going to end? I just want us to win and start kicking tail like the 80's and 90's.
Share 49erswebzone