LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 190 users in the forums

SF 49ERS @ AZ CARDINALS PRE GAMEDAY THREAD - 2018 Season Week 8

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
With Jimmy G we're 5-3 right now

This, and it's not at all saying this team doesn't have many obvious holes to fill.
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Look, here's the deal. Drafting Any quarterback off of college performance is a risky proposition. That's why taking one very high and losing can be Very costly. Yes, you need certain things that can be evaluated, like being "tough", but ultimately, you need a quick mind to understand and react to the complexities of your offense and especially what NFL defenses can do to counter your weaknesses. Collegiate ball does not begin to reveal this aptitude, and it is the main thing that separates NFL quarterbacks. You have to make quick in play decisions to run a complex offense, and you need a complex offense built to react to defensive moves to not become defensible. The best plan, once you have someone you can work with like Jimmy, is to just keep drafting or acquiring them without paying too high a price, and don't be bashful about tossing them out and trying again. That is where we are at.

I don't think Kyle is any happier than I am right now with CJ's performance. I think we both know, right now, that he is not the answer at backup next year. I don't know what happens the rest of this year, with our limited options, but I think Beathard just played himself off the team in the off season, and that will be Kyle's mindset.

I will say that I think Kyle overweighs certain traits in players while ignoring others, and whether he's looking at a running back or quarterback, he needs to rely on Lynch to make more balanced draft and free agent picks. Lynch knows what Kyle needs by now, and he just needs to do it.

The other test is can Kyle take the same tough minded approach with his staff. He came into the job late last year when most of the great options were taken, but enough is enough. He needs a major upgrade across the board, and I'll bet both Lynch and his Dad wil tell him so. Can he do that? I don't know, but he won't last if he can't.

Kyle Shanahan got rid of certain players and brought in certain players because they "fit his system"---what is his system??? He blew a 27 point lead in the Superbowl using his system and has an overwhelming losing football team with his alleged system? What is his system? Just losing???
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Kyle Shanahan got rid of certain players and brought in certain players because they "fit his system"---what is his system??? He blew a 27 point lead in the Superbowl using his system and has an overwhelming losing football team with his alleged system? What is his system? Just losing???

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Just tank, baby!
Originally posted by mitpdub:
The silver lining here is that Jimmy G won't be able to masque the shortfalls of the other players or coaches like he did last year. During the off-season we need a whole new defense coordinator and staff, along with a top pick in every round that we have to hit on, then we can really build this franchise properly.

I just hope this front office is smart enough to see the faults in this roster, and not just wave it off like some fans do around here saying "Jimmy G the savior is gonna carry us to a wildcard with this same roster next year".

Oh brother....

You look at these games. Its clear we have a lot of work to do. Defensively speaking of course. Offensively....we need to look at some changes in the skill positions too in my opinion. Hopefully Shanahan learns.
How the hell have we lost to the sorry ass Cardinals 8 straight games?! If they weren't in the nfc west I would forget they're even in the league!
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by Niners99:
You honestly think were Nick Bosa away from being good?

No. We're a Nick Bosa, Jimmy Garrpollo, Jerrick McKinnon, and an aggressive offseason spending our s**t ton of salary cap away from being comepetitive. Guarantee you all will happen if we keep losing. How can you act like that wouldn't make a difference?

The season is lost. We need to purge a few s**tty players, Saleh an draft high enough to land 1 more premium all pro type player. That and a healthy Jimmy G will make us competitive year in and out.

This is what I've been saying. So true.
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Look, here's the deal. Drafting Any quarterback off of college performance is a risky proposition. That's why taking one very high and losing can be Very costly. Yes, you need certain things that can be evaluated, like being "tough", but ultimately, you need a quick mind to understand and react to the complexities of your offense and especially what NFL defenses can do to counter your weaknesses. Collegiate ball does not begin to reveal this aptitude, and it is the main thing that separates NFL quarterbacks. You have to make quick in play decisions to run a complex offense, and you need a complex offense built to react to defensive moves to not become defensible. The best plan, once you have someone you can work with like Jimmy, is to just keep drafting or acquiring them without paying too high a price, and don't be bashful about tossing them out and trying again. That is where we are at.

I don't think Kyle is any happier than I am right now with CJ's performance. I think we both know, right now, that he is not the answer at backup next year. I don't know what happens the rest of this year, with our limited options, but I think Beathard just played himself off the team in the off season, and that will be Kyle's mindset.

I will say that I think Kyle overweighs certain traits in players while ignoring others, and whether he's looking at a running back or quarterback, he needs to rely on Lynch to make more balanced draft and free agent picks. Lynch knows what Kyle needs by now, and he just needs to do it.

The other test is can Kyle take the same tough minded approach with his staff. He came into the job late last year when most of the great options were taken, but enough is enough. He needs a major upgrade across the board, and I'll bet both Lynch and his Dad wil tell him so. Can he do that? I don't know, but he won't last if he can't.

If this is true, and it's hard to argue against it right now, then might as well play Mullens to see what you've got there and evaluate if he is the backup next year.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I have no faith in the coaching staff or front office.

After this loss, I don't even know what to think about Kyle.

If we cloned this team and had KS and Tomsula play head to head, I'm not sure who wins. I at least know Tom would have his players playing hard. Bludgeon. Bludgeon. Bludgeon!

are you serious? LOL. give Shanny his injury-free starters and he whoops Tomsula's ass. Tomsula is nothing compared to Shanahan. nothing. lol. you people are insane.
Whatever, dude. KS is proving to be a cultivator of losers. There is so much more to football than drawing up cool offensive scheme. This team could easily be beat on either side of the ball.

Maybe exhibit a better sense of patience and understanding to a total and entire re-build and criticize when he has his starting QB playing
  • bud49
  • Veteran
How the hell have we lost to the sorry ass Cardinals 8 straight games?! If they weren't in the nfc west I would forget they're even in the league!

I know that is the shame of it all you would think even with players injured a team could work up a win against a rookie QB. And the last place offensive team in the league averaging 13 points a game (until they play the 9ers)

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
The silver lining here is that Jimmy G won't be able to masque the shortfalls of the other players or coaches like he did last year. During the off-season we need a whole new defense coordinator and staff, along with a top pick in every round that we have to hit on, then we can really build this franchise properly.

I just hope this front office is smart enough to see the faults in this roster, and not just wave it off like some fans do around here saying "Jimmy G the savior is gonna carry us to a wildcard with this same roster next year".

Oh brother....

You look at these games. Its clear we have a lot of work to do. Defensively speaking of course. Offensively....we need to look at some changes in the skill positions too in my opinion. Hopefully Shanahan learns.

Exactly. Some of these fans act like he's Dan Marino. Personally wish we'd have gone in a different direction. Lynch couldn't wait 6 months to sign Cousins he needs s**t canned period.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ReubenSandwich509:

Oh brother....

Exactly. Some of these fans act like he's Dan Marino. Personally wish we'd have gone in a different direction. Lynch couldn't wait 6 months to sign Cousins he needs s**t canned period.
That in the bold I like Jimmy G and think he is better than Beathard but I will hold my judgment on him after I see him play more than 5 games at the end of a season when some of the opponents are playing for nothing, and after three games to start the next season where the niners won 1. Again not saying he is terrible or not going to be a great QB just not giving him the title of elite just yet.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

They learned from the cawks (how to torment us for years)... we still haven't found a way to counter
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by ReubenSandwich509:

Oh brother....

That in the bold I like Jimmy G and think he is better than Beathard but I will hold my judgment on him after I see him play more than 5 games at the end of a season when some of the opponents are playing for nothing, and after three games to start the next season where the niners won 1. Again not saying he is terrible or not going to be a great QB just not giving him the title of elite just yet.

Man I just hope he doesn't become injury prone....
Tartt made a great play on that pick.
Share 49ersWebzone