LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 359 users in the forums

49er Wide receiver pro suction

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Omitted Goody because he's been hurt.
I'm aware our QB play is lacking but save the Beathard banter for his dedicated thread.

Wide Receivers:

Pierre Garcon:20 catches 225 yds TDs 0 TDs
Trent Taylor: 16 catches 125 yds TDs 1
Kendrick Bourne: 10 catches 120 yds TDs 2
Victor Bolden: 1 catch 10yds 0 TDs
Richie James: 1 catch 7yds 0TDs

Our passing game as a whole is timid and unproductive in the air. They need a real threat in the mid-long passing game. Prefw3ably by the time Jimmy comes back. Sign Dez? Trade for Amari Cooper? Whatever it takes at this point in my opinion.
Preferably*
Wow mods please delete, my typo in the title is painful
Goodwin has been good when healthy, and Kittle has been good from the TE spot. Personally I would be shopping Garcon just trying to unload him and his contract. Sure we'd take a cap hit this year, but we'd free up a ton of money going forward, not to mention open up a starting spot the rest of this season for guys like Pettis and Bourne to show what they can do.
I would also look to trade T. Taylor if we could get a 6th or 7th for him. He's a solid little slot receiver, but we have Pettis and James who are more explosive who play that spot, and might be better than him very quickly.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Wow mods please delete, my typo in the title is painful

You can edit the thread title when you edit your first post
Garcon's fall off has been costly. Goodwin has better chemistry with Jimmy than CJ plus he's been banged up. Receiver is an issue this year but not something I'm stressing about long term.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Goodwin has been good when healthy, and Kittle has been good from the TE spot. Personally I would be shopping Garcon just trying to unload him and his contract. Sure we'd take a cap hit this year, but we'd free up a ton of money going forward, not to mention open up a starting spot the rest of this season for guys like Pettis and Bourne to show what they can do.
I would also look to trade T. Taylor if we could get a 6th or 7th for him. He's a solid little slot receiver, but we have Pettis and James who are more explosive who play that spot, and might be better than him very quickly.

I like this, and yeah Goodwin is our only exception at WR in terms if being a threat. I'd rather shop Garcon and get Bourne out there at this point.
Its a very mediocre group. Garcon seems shot. Goodwin doesnt stay healthy and is overrated on this board. Some of the younger guys might develop but its not gonna be this season
Share 49ersWebzone