LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

2019 Defensive Progress & Robert Saleh Hot-seat Tracker

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:

Team confidence is a touchy thing. If anyone on defense isn't buying in 100% to the scheme, you'll see performance fall.

Possible 1+ players on D just aren't buying in to Saleh. People say we don't have talent. No excuse. The marks of a good coach is you do more with less. Look at shanny on offense. Something is rotten but I'm not in the locker room to say what.

Fundamentals.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean look at this s**t...do they all suck or is coaching a problem?

We had Dumervil in 2017 and it masked some problems.

also yes, most of these guys are overrated.

Turns out their grading is different from 2017 to 2018 but we all know that they've played worse than last yr...I think it's a bit early to call them all overrated though.
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:

Team confidence is a touchy thing. If anyone on defense isn't buying in 100% to the scheme, you'll see performance fall.

Possible 1+ players on D just aren't buying in to Saleh. People say we don't have talent. No excuse. The marks of a good coach is you do more with less. Look at shanny on offense. Something is rotten but I'm not in the locker room to say what.

I think it's pretty simple, it's been communication issues since week 1. It's not a super complicated scheme. We might not have the overall talent BUT I think the coaches have to actually teach this guys better. Anyone can call a play BUT good coaching makes sure it gets executed properly. On defense it's just not happening the way it should be.

Even with the injuries this team could easily be 3-3 with better communication and taking care of the ball. We're heading into a 4 game stretch that is very winnable.
Turns out their grading is different from 2017 to 2018 but we all know that they've played worse than last yr...I think it's a bit early to call them all overrated though.

Post #377 adjusted for player rankings. The point still holds.

I mean those are their rankings for this season. Can't compare 2017 PFF numbers vs 2018 numbers (which he did originally). Pt does still hold they're playing like crap.

Imo I do think they're better than they're playing and I'm pointing fingers at Saleh and his staff.

I mean those are their rankings for this season. Can't compare 2017 PFF numbers vs 2018 numbers (which he did originally). Pt does still hold they're playing like crap.

Imo I do think they're better than they're playing and I'm pointing fingers at Saleh and his staff.

Exactly. And they don't change that much. Like another guy said, Bucks grade went from like 90 to 82. What we're seeing is massive drops. I'm with you. If it was just one or two guys, OK...but every damn player on defense? That's a systemic issue.

Fundamentals.

Exactly. Tackling sucks, we're not forcing turnovers, dropping sure interceptions, making errors in coverage, etc. Something's lacking in the coaching area, or so it seems.

Fundamentals.

Sad

Smoke and mirrors by Shanahans recent comments, if not I think I'll lose most if not all support for him
Originally posted by 49erWill:

Fundamentals.

Sad

I guess the Seahawks one-armed LB is better than ours. Only 7 broken tackles??? We had 6 on one play.

Fundamentals.

Atleast we're dominating one stat sheet.
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:

I think it's pretty simple, it's been communication issues since week 1. It's not a super complicated scheme. We might not have the overall talent BUT I think the coaches have to actually teach this guys better. Anyone can call a play BUT good coaching makes sure it gets executed properly. On defense it's just not happening the way it should be.

Even with the injuries this team could easily be 3-3 with better communication and taking care of the ball. We're heading into a 4 game stretch that is very winnable.
I agree with the communications issue, but I'd like to give most of the blame to the coaches. We've been having communication issues since week 1 and they still haven't fixed it. The week we played AZ, first play of the game for the defense and its a 75 yd Td, next week packers hit like a 60 yard on the first play again. You had a whole week to prep and you give up those plays on the first play..... inexcusable.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Fundamentals.

This

That one was for you!
Share 49ersWebzone