LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

2019 Defensive Progress & Robert Saleh Hot-seat Tracker

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
idk how many times I've seen one of our DL dropping back into coverage. This saleh dude is a fkn moron.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

LOL. Oscar is having too much fun with Saleh lately.

Solomon acting as spy wasn't an issue there. Took away an underneath lane where someone (can't see the number) got beat off the ball immediately and was going to be wide open for longer if Thomas wasn't there. But the deep route.. Yeah. Roasted again.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Solomon acting as spy wasn't an issue there. Took away an underneath lane where someone (can't see the number) got beat off the ball immediately and was going to be wide open for longer if Thomas wasn't there. But the deep route.. Yeah. Roasted again.

Yeah, I think that was more of a dig on Mabin again, starting and proving he's very poor. Biting on the run and then in chase mode instantly.
This from a former NFL DB...one who doesn't have CTE that thinks Solomon Thomas should be an OLB in a 3-4.

[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 24, 2018 at 11:15 AM ]
This from a former NFL DB...one who doesn't have CTE that thinks Solomon Thomas should be an OLB in a 3-4.

I don't understand how these players can't grasp this scheme? It's not a complicated scheme as Sherm has mentioned. You have Sherman, Malcolm Smith and Saleh who are all veterans of the scheme showing the rest of the defense how to play it. Yet, so many players just don't seem to know their assignments and how to play zone.
Originally posted by 951NINER:

I don't understand how these players can't grasp this scheme? It's not a complicated scheme as Sherm has mentioned. You have Sherman, Malcolm Smith and Saleh who are all veterans of the scheme showing the rest of the defense how to play it. Yet, so many players just don't seem to know their assignments and how to play zone.

Even more confusing is these mistakes weren't happening nearly as frequently last year.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

Even more confusing is these mistakes weren't happening nearly as frequently last year.

I forgot to mention that and it's a really good point.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
You want 4-3??

Lovie Smith

Jack Del Rio

Leslie Frazier

Jeff Ulbrich
I mean.. Even the fans seem to understand the concepts better than the players so how are the players continuing to go to the wrong spots every game?
I mean.. Even the fans seem to understand the concepts better than the players so how are the players continuing to go to the wrong spots every game?

I think Sherman spoke about this a couple of weeks ago. He said for you to be successful in your assignment you have to study offenses and look for indicators. Could be pre-snap looks or formations. Subtle things that will tip what type of play they're about to run. You would think coaches show this to them on film.

Once the ball is snapped our players don't seem to know where to be as you say.

I think Sherman spoke about this a couple of weeks ago. He said for you to be successful in your assignment you have to study offenses and look for indicators. Could be pre-snap looks or formations. Subtle things that will tip what type of play they're about to run. You would think coaches show this to them on film.

Once the ball is snapped our players don't seem to know where to be as you say.

Apparently no one watches film and just goes home. Working 9-5 with no self motivation to do the preparation necessary for success.
Originally posted by 9moon:
You want 4-3??

Lovie Smith

Jack Del Rio

Leslie Frazier

Jeff Ulbrich

4 Losers
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Let me ask is this Defensive scheme that damn complicated?
3 names I wouldn't mind

Todd Bowles(If jets fire him)

Vic Fangio (fantasy, but if the Bears somehow let him go, I would take him in a heart beat

Jeff Fisher (some will laugh but I think it would be exactly what Kyle needs, everyone knows how bad he was with the Rams, but they always had a solid defense with him, plus he'll be able to play them twice a year, it also doesn't hurt that he has history with the franchise)
Share 49ersWebzone