LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

2019 Defensive Progress & Robert Saleh Hot-seat Tracker

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
Is this another Saleh thread or the names keep changing

No it's just a title change. Attempting to transition away from the blame game and focus on using the remainder of the season to determine where, or if, we've made any real, measurable progress in several areas. This is about the entire defensive group now from top to bottom.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 19, 2018 at 10:12 AM ]
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by NCommand:
NY85...here we go.

So does this mean that most of these players on D are just dumb? Seems this happens every week and is never corrected someone not doing their job.

Bad players can certainly make a coach look stupid and vice versa. Have to look at performance as a whole as well and can't put excessive emphasis on isolated incidences, as difficult as that is to do.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

No it's just a title change. Attempting to transition away from the blame game and focus on using the remainder of the season to determine where, or if, we've made any real, measurable progress in several areas. This is about the entire defensive group now from top to bottom.
that can be done in the regular thread in my opinion but whatever
Should be fired, probably won't be fired. Other DCs can do more with same squad

Here's some good news that could help the defense.

Originally posted by cciowa:

that can be done in the regular thread in my opinion but whatever

Feel like that's a more general discussion, whereas this is specifically designed for expansive stat tracking, from defensive ranks to player statistical data as we determine not just which coaches are keepers, but also who on the roster has produced enough to stay.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PacTiger:

problem is we have terrible position coaches in my opinion.

Maybe we are finding ways to lose partially due to having a secondary coach pulled from "Find-a-way-to-lose" City (Cleveland).
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Maybe we are finding ways to lose partially due to having a secondary coach pulled from "Find-a-way-to-lose" City (Cleveland).

probably true.. of course i hate the dc.. but when i see the mistakes made in many areas on defense. well there is a reason why i think sherman is the best coach on that side of the ball that we have.. then if you say. the coaches are fine. its the players.. well then you go back to lynch getting those players or again. the coaches we have that are unable to teach them

I don't think you ever said that last year.

Lol.

I don't see a better replacement right now. My problem with Saleh seems to be his processes. I'm ok with him for another year.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Here's some good news that could help the defense.

I've been looking at that myself. If we can shore up some areas and keep doing the things we've done well, we can definitely win some games.

Many were still expecting around 9 wins with Jimmy. 8-8 with Beathard, while unlikely, doesn't seem totally out of the question yet.

That will be a hell of accomplishment around here
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

I don't think you ever said that last year.

so what. i am saying this year. last year means nothing. it is startling how bad the pass defense is. how bad the tackling is. how we can not create turnovers. how we play stupid at crunch time. how we are not ready to play most games. and the penalties we make and lack of communication the players have. oh now i remember.. yes . i did rip the dc most of last year for playing soft and losing a couple of winnable games pre jimmy
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

That will be a hell of accomplishment around here
talk to the dc about that as he presides over one of the worst defenses in the nfl. what do you want for him,. violins?
Share 49ersWebzone