Is Robert Saleh doing a good job in 2018

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Robert Saleh doing a good job in 2018

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by Andra:
Head coach says he is doing good
Players including a very candid Sherman say he's doing good.
Posters on a fan forum say he sucks.
Hmm

If saleh is not the problem then Lynch is the problem. Simple as that. Saleh doesn't have an edge rusher and Lynch literally did nothing at all to get him one. No journeyman that is an easy improvement over marsh. No edge rusher in the draft that has some upside. Nothing.
got an acl guy and then we were told.. that was the BEST pick we could have made with that selection.. what the f**k??
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by Andra:
Head coach says he is doing good
Players including a very candid Sherman say he's doing good.
Posters on a fan forum say he sucks.
Hmm

If saleh is not the problem then Lynch is the problem. Simple as that. Saleh doesn't have an edge rusher and Lynch literally did nothing at all to get him one. No journeyman that is an easy improvement over marsh. No edge rusher in the draft that has some upside. Nothing.
got an acl guy and then we were told.. that was the BEST pick we could have made with that selection.. what the f**k??

And to add context, we reportedly had a 3rd round grade on that kid. So from a value standpoint with regards to our draft board, it may very well have been the best pick they could make.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Tards are being proactive, not wasting time or waiting to see if anything good happens (change)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000975904/article/cardinals-fire-offensive-coordinator-mike-mccoy

That ain't gonna happen here...Saleh's leash wraps around the building
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:
And to add context, we reportedly had a 3rd round grade on that kid. So from a value standpoint with regards to our draft board, it may very well have been the best pick they could make.

i am no draft expert but i disagree with you. which is not the first time. that it was the best pick we could have made.. there was NO ONE in that spot in the draft that could have helped us this year
[ Edited by cciowa on Oct 19, 2018 at 8:37 AM ]

i am no draft expert but i disagree with you. which is not the first time. that it was the best pick we could have made.. there was NO ONE in that spot in the draft that could have helped us this year

That type of drafting got us into this big hole in the first place.
  • evil
  • Veteran

i am no draft expert but i disagree with you. which is not the first time. that it was the best pick we could have made.. there was NO ONE in any area that could have helped us this year

There might have been guys who may have had a chance to eat up some snaps this year especially given all the injuries. But the FO is not making picks that will simply help us in the here and now but also picks that will help us down the line. The prospect with the higher grade on our draft board naturally has a higher percentage of being the better player overall.
  • thl408

This last draft was not focused on 2018. They were fine picking a developmental project in the 3rd (TMoore). There are little expectations that he would learn CB and contribute. So with that mindset, they went ahead and took another player that had little chance chance to contribute in 2018, Street. They can do these kinds of things with a six year contract. Whether it's right or wrong we'll see, I'm just saying they were content selecting prospects that can't help much in 2018.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Tards are being proactive, not wasting time or waiting to see if anything good happens (change)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000975904/article/cardinals-fire-offensive-coordinator-mike-mccoy

It also speaks to them being idiots for hiring him in the first place.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

This last draft was not focused on 2018. They were fine picking a developmental project in the 3rd (TMoore). There are little expectations that he would learn CB and contribute. So with that mindset, they went ahead and took another player that had little chance chance to contribute in 2018, Street. They can do these kinds of things with a six year contract. Whether it's right or wrong we'll see, I'm just saying they were content selecting prospects that can't help much in 2018.

And fwiw the first 3 were all guys who had a chance to contribute in 2018.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
well. i sure do hope they do address the rusher this off season and not just assume this kid will come back and be the answer. it usually turns out bad for us when we go down this road

He might not be awful, but I'm sure there are better replacements.
  • thl408

And fwiw the first 3 were all guys who had a chance to contribute in 2018.

Depends what you mean by contribute. McG was the only one counted in to play significant snaps. Moore is learning a new position and there was no guarantee that Pettis would get many snaps over Garcon Goodwin Taylor. I think Pettis Moore Street were all prospects that weren't expected to play many snaps until 2019.
Anyway, Saleh.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by LVJay:

It also speaks to them being idiots for hiring him in the first place.

LOL this is true!!

I definitely don't want to hear the same thing later down the line (due to Saleh)...wishing for the best, but hope is low on reserves
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He might not be awful, but I'm sure there are better replacements.

Indeed!
Would this poll exist if he was?
Share 49ersWebzone