There are 186 users in the forums

Is Robert Saleh doing a good job in 2018

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Robert Saleh doing a good job in 2018

For the last two offensive series for GB, every single completed pass was on #26 . I am not exaggerating. I think Mabin had 8 to maybe as many as 10-12 passes completed against him. McCarthy was targeting Mabin on each and every play. Every single completion? Was against Mabin. Now first off that is just a fact, Mabin has no business on the football field. Maybe selling popcorn or sodas, but not playing football . Now whose fault was it not to get Mabin out of there and put anyone else in his position.? That has to fall on Saleh. And if Saleh didn't notice that everyone of those completed passes in the last two GB drives were ALL on Mabin, then either Saleh needs glasses or he needs to take a rest. Maybe back up at SEA or somewhere like that . Just not HERE.

Last yr he was told to stop the run and he did. Saleh that is. This yr? God alone knows what he was told but so far he has come up a loser. Sure he is inexperienced, but hey, in that case go learn on someone else's team. Mabin just flat out killed us on Mon nite. And if Saleh coujldn't see that, then he has no business being DC. 21 games is enough to know if he has it or not. Right now i would say NOT.

If we have a better alternative ...no i don't mean a different person, but a better alternative...then by all means move him up to DC. IF no one better, then get lynch out looking for a DC for next PS. And start now. That pass D with Mabin in there was a joke, McCArthy saw that Mabin could not cover any receiver on the field and so picked on Mabin every stinking play. It was like i wanted to throw something at Saleh and say..."get him out of here". gotta hand it to McCArthy...he spotted Mabin at the gitgo and used him like a dirty towel every single play in the last two offenseive GB series. Man it was stinky . WE had that game won if it hadn't been for Mabin....and Saleh. One couldn't do it and the other couldn't see it. Bad combo. A loser's combo.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Oct 17, 2018 at 9:05 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaBum:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by DaBum:
Originally posted by rathman4481:
Shut down? The guy was lighting us up!

From a minute left in the 1st qt to 3 mins left in the 4th (when they started TD drive) the Packers scored 6 points, 3 of which came from a short field after a fumble. That's nearly three quarters of shutting them down.

49ers started terribly and ended terribly. The D allowed 33 pts. No getting around that. The first 17 came from blown coverages that Sherman said was guys not do there job and Warner admitted to miscommunicating some calls. The final 10 came when one player got used and abused while playing fundamentally bad defense.

I'm not sold on Saleh but there are signs of the D coming around.
That was the 2nd most points his D had given up this year. I wouldn't call that improving.

If all you do is boxscore watch, yeah I guess you wouldn't.

I also caught the game...Diamond formation buddy.
He runs a simple scheme, simple schemes require more talent. We don't have the horses. He has adjusted, more blitzing, was working until the final minutes last Sunday, when he flinched, and went soft zone, and four man rush...he needs to live by the blitz and die by the blitz.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
He runs a simple scheme, simple schemes require more talent. We don't have the horses. He has adjusted, more blitzing, was working until the final minutes last Sunday, when he flinched, and went soft zone, and four man rush...he needs to live by the blitz and die by the blitz.

When you flat out don't have the talent, playing soft is a massive FAIL. I agree with Golitta here. If you have talentless players on D...yeah. Blitz. That seems like a no brainer but obviously isnt'. Do something daring if you KNOW your talent is a mess, eg Mabin. I guaran-dang-tee you that McCarthy knew Mabin was a zero for covering anybody. As in , Mabin could not cover anybody more than zero...also known as NONE.
lol?
Is he doing a good job in the NFL of 2018 is a better question
WT
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 18, 2018 at 6:11 PM ]
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Head coach says he is doing good
Players including a very candid Sherman say he's doing good.
Posters on a fan forum say he sucks.
Hmm
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Oh yeah Lynch has his back too
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Hack, click bait sports writers and troll posters think he sucks. If only Shanahan new as much as these guys

Let me think about it...................

NO!!

and the head Coach isn't helping him. Our defense is best when it's not on the field.
[ Edited by Curlin on Oct 18, 2018 at 6:47 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He's doing a good job in 2018...at making excuses...a damn fine job at that!

#AcornHeadScuses
Originally posted by Andra:
Hmm

If saleh is not the problem then Lynch is the problem. Simple as that. Saleh doesn't have an edge rusher and Lynch literally did nothing at all to get him one. No journeyman that is an easy improvement over marsh. No edge rusher in the draft that has some upside. Nothing.
Hmm

I dont really know if he is or not but I doubt the players or his co-workers would throw him under the bus like that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Hack, click bait sports writers and troll posters think he sucks. If only Shanahan new as much as these guys

yes , this is the same kyle who opted to keep ward and aa and then say no one can come in and take the job of marsh and aa.
Share 49ersWebzone