There are 155 users in the forums

Is Robert Saleh doing a good job in 2018

Is Robert Saleh doing a good job in 2018

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
This caught my eye and I posted it on another Saleh thread.

FYI https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/10/17/17988112/fred-warner-49ers-defense-rookie-packers

Thanks, good read!!

Since we're not going anywhere, I'm glad they're letting him absorb it all whether he screws up or not. I think he'll be good later in the year and just fine in year two from this experience.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
This caught my eye and I posted it on another Saleh thread.

FYI https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/10/17/17988112/fred-warner-49ers-defense-rookie-packers

Thanks, good read!!

Since we're not going anywhere, I'm glad they're letting him absorb it all whether he screws up or not. I think he'll be good later in the year and just fine in year two from this experience.

Salvaging a couple miscommunications in 2018 is not the 49ers' priority or goal. They're trying to set the table for 2019 so they're letting Warner take his lumps now with the radio. They have full faith in his ability to master the job.

Hadn't thought of that but it makes sense. In the long run who else is looking like they can take that responsibility? IT has to be Warner since Foster wants no part of it.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Oct 17, 2018 at 5:06 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Izyniner:
who's to say he is not doing all of the things Pac tiger is suggesting. What do people assume is going on at practice? That he is just standing there silent.

I honestly think that fans (especially in here) believe they are playing grab ass and having a cup of tea. They probably think the staff lets them do whatever and actually don't look into any of the things that are brought up / suggested in here.

When other peeps from other fan bases peek inside these threads, they prolly #ROFLMAO

I honestly think that fans (especially in here) believe they are playing grab ass and having a cup of tea. They probably think the staff lets them do whatever and actually don't look into any of the things that are brought up / suggested in here.

When other peeps from other fan bases peek inside these threads, they prolly #ROFLMAO

Nah bruh. The coaches don't know what they're doing. Its up to the zone to tell these guys that Solomon Thomas needs to play inside!!!!
What do people assume is going on at practice?

What are they doing at practice?

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

Nah bruh. The coaches don't know what they're doing. Its up to the zone to tell these guys that Solomon Thomas needs to play inside!!!!
7-15 record or .318 win percentage.
Saleh is learning on the fly, to his credit he appears to be making some adjustments. Do the 49ers wait until he is a competent DC?
Shanny didnt make many (if any) adjustments to his staff in two years and this guy was in the scrap pile by the time Shanny was done with the Falcons so we didnt get to pick a top defensive guy. I think he should seriously looking at upgrading DC this year before it bites him in the ass like keeping Roman bit harbaugh
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
you asked... generic blah blah is allowing the d backs to allow the packers to use the sidelines knowing green bay has no time outs!!!! that is blah blah.. oh my god

Show me the quote were saleh told the backs to allow the wrs to use the sidelines or yes it is just blah blah blah.

my god. did you see the game.. ok if the backs did it on their own. than the dc should have said something to them. i find it hard to believe the players just did their own thing,. my god. did you see the last drive. do you think that defense was by design? you may as well have parted the field for the packers

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Saleh is learning on the fly, to his credit he appears to be making some adjustments. Do the 49ers wait until he is a competent DC?

Well, he has to get some credit... he's dealing with a lot of patchwork here as well as inconsistency (players in and out due to injuries). He has done some good things as well as a lot of bone-headed things.

I guess that's what happens when its still an experiment. The real test happens on the development of all the rookies (this year and next), when he actually gets real talented vets and when the defense starts looking like a legit contender on paper.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Shanny didnt make many (if any) adjustments to his staff in two years and this guy was in the scrap pile by the time Shanny was done with the Falcons so we didnt get to pick a top defensive guy. I think he should seriously looking at upgrading DC this year before it bites him in the ass like keeping Roman bit harbaugh

Most of us are down with this, but more than likely, he'll have another shot with more talent and developed rookies. Once Lynch / Shanny thinks the D looks like its playoff bound, Saleh's leash may get shortened (hopefully).
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rathman4481:
Shut down? The guy was lighting us up!

From a minute left in the 1st qt to 3 mins left in the 4th (when they started TD drive) the Packers scored 6 points, 3 of which came from a short field after a fumble. That's nearly three quarters of shutting them down.

49ers started terribly and ended terribly. The D allowed 33 pts. No getting around that. The first 17 came from blown coverages that Sherman said was guys not do there job and Warner admitted to miscommunicating some calls. The final 10 came when one player got used and abused while playing fundamentally bad defense.

I'm not sold on Saleh but there are signs of the D coming around.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaBum:

From a minute left in the 1st qt to 3 mins left in the 4th (when they started TD drive) the Packers scored 6 points, 3 of which came from a short field after a fumble. That's nearly three quarters of shutting them down.

49ers started terribly and ended terribly. The D allowed 33 pts. No getting around that. The first 17 came from blown coverages that Sherman said was guys not do there job and Warner admitted to miscommunicating some calls. The final 10 came when one player got used and abused while playing fundamentally bad defense.

That was the 2nd most points his D had given up this year. I wouldn't call that improving.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by DaBum:

That was the 2nd most points his D had given up this year. I wouldn't call that improving.

If all you do is boxscore watch, yeah I guess you wouldn't.
Share 49erswebzone