There are 166 users in the forums

Is Robert Saleh doing a good job in 2018

Is Robert Saleh doing a good job in 2018

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 52,692
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by evil:
We were told that Sherman knew more than Saleh, and this is the second time Sherman is defending Saleh.

Just sayin'
that shows me that a clock in pristine shape can be broken once or twice a day. as was evident by his costly penalty monday. he is not perfect

Or maybe, he is right.

Does that mean Saleh is perfect ? Does that mean Saleh does not make mistakes ? No, not at all.

making the same mistakes in year 2? please
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
well Sherman is defending him and he doesn't seem like the type of guy to defend people if they don't deserve it.

I'm blaming the s**tty players we have, and the lack of talent personally.

Same thing that was being said in 2010. McDonald, Brooks, Goldson, Brown all mediocre to s**tty. Until they weren't.

yeah and what happened in 2011? We finally drafted an edge rusher.

You can only do so much with a bunch of interior DTs and linebackers that can't rush the QB.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
yeah and what happened in 2011? We finally drafted an edge rusher.

You can only do so much with a bunch of interior DTs and linebackers that can't rush the QB.

And what happened in the 2012 playoffs? Aldon and Cowboy were hurt, and the secondary, which had been playing well, ended up getting absolutely torched the entire playoffs.

Pass rush is incredibly integral to a defense's success.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 37,810
Originally posted by PacTiger:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by PacTiger:
After the first TD, McCarthy was walking around smiling. He knew we would screw up the coverage.

3 threads about the dc just so he can be defended. unreal

We were told that Sherman knew more than Saleh, and this is the second time Sherman is defending Saleh.

Just sayin'

I don't know if Sherman is defending Saleh. He says he made the right call but also says we are screwing up basics. That's not a ringing endorsement of the DC.

"I hear a lot of stuff out there, blaming the coaches, and Saleh, and the DB coach, and it's like, it doesn't really matter," Sherman said. "At the end of the day, if you called the perfect call, and they don't run the play the way you called it, what else can you do? You called a play, a guy has man, you don't take the man, and it's going to lead to a big play."

"People don't know ball," Sherman said. "This is one of the most sound schemes in football. That's why you see so many people executing it. When you don't play sound, it leads to busts, but any scheme, you don't play sound, it can lead to big plays.

We got to find a way to just play discipline. When we got stops, got three and outs and things like that, it wasn't anything special, it wasn't guys making stuff up. It was guys doing their assignment. Nothing special."

"He has called great games, and he has continued to call great games," Sherman said. "We have to find a way to reward him and finish."

He is not burying the DC whatsoever. Again, though does not mean Saleh is perfect or anywhere close to that. Still a young DC who is still learning each and every day. Obviously still issues we need to clean up and improve upon and the DC is at the forefront of all of that. But fans seem to be overreacting a little with regard to Saleh and pushing all or most of the blame on him and not on the players themselves.
HeOriginally posted by cciowa:
making the same mistakes in year 2? please

Can you list the mistakes that he has made. I am curious to see how many you know that he made.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 52,692
Originally posted by Izyniner:
HeOriginally posted by cciowa:
making the same mistakes in year 2? please

Can you list the mistakes that he has made. I am curious to see how many you know that he made.

playing soft at the end of games.. allowing packer wide outs to play to the sldelines knowing they had no time outs. poor tackling. not read to play games, unable to create a pass rush or make pass rushers out of players he lobbied for like marsh thomas aa. dropping d line guys into pass coverage. can you set there with a straight face and actually said this guy has made no mistakes. and while the team has got better vs the run. we are overall a bad defensive team that can not tackle. could not last year. could not this year. the defense he played on the last two drives vs the packers was unforgiveable
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 52,692
Originally posted by Izyniner:
HeOriginally posted by cciowa:
making the same mistakes in year 2? please

Can you list the mistakes that he has made. I am curious to see how many you know that he made.

tell me what he has done right. i would really be curious on that
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by PacTiger:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by PacTiger:
After the first TD, McCarthy was walking around smiling. He knew we would screw up the coverage.

3 threads about the dc just so he can be defended. unreal

We were told that Sherman knew more than Saleh, and this is the second time Sherman is defending Saleh.

Just sayin'

I don't know if Sherman is defending Saleh. He says he made the right call but also says we are screwing up basics. That's not a ringing endorsement of the DC.


"I hear a lot of stuff out there, blaming the coaches, and Saleh, and the DB coach, and it's like, it doesn't really matter," Sherman said. "At the end of the day, if you called the perfect call, and they don't run the play the way you called it, what else can you do? You called a play, a guy has man, you don't take the man, and it's going to lead to a big play."


"People don't know ball," Sherman said. "This is one of the most sound schemes in football. That's why you see so many people executing it. When you don't play sound, it leads to busts, but any scheme, you don't play sound, it can lead to big plays.


We got to find a way to just play discipline. When we got stops, got three and outs and things like that, it wasn't anything special, it wasn't guys making stuff up. It was guys doing their assignment. Nothing special."


"He has called great games, and he has continued to call great games," Sherman said. "We have to find a way to reward him and finish."

He is not burying the DC whatsoever. Again, though does not mean Saleh is perfect or anywhere close to that. Still a young DC who is still learning each and every day. Obviously still issues we need to clean up and improve upon and the DC is at the forefront of all of that. But fans seem to be overreacting a little with regard to Saleh and pushing all or most of the blame on him and not on the players themselves.

Yeah, it's a situation of making Saleh the scapegoat for all defensive shortcomings. Saleh deserves his share of blame but to almost completely excuse the failure of players to execute in the way I just mentioned is wrong and unfair to him.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Posted this podcast in the Saleh thread...he brings up some solid pts to why Saleh is in over his head


And it's spot on too.

It really is

Originally posted by cciowa:
tell me what he has done right. i would really be curious on that

So you listed a bunch of generic blah blah blah but not one thing that has come from Selah directly. All assumptions that a coach did not instruct his players to do all those things you listed. Is he calling the wrong coverage or alignments? You don't know what he has called or what he hasn't. Just a bunch of assumptions. Or as you like to put it Your opinion.

  • DaBum
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,012
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Izyniner:
HeOriginally posted by cciowa:
making the same mistakes in year 2? please

Can you list the mistakes that he has made. I am curious to see how many you know that he made.

playing soft at the end of games.. allowing packer wide outs to play to the sldelines knowing they had no time outs. poor tackling. not read to play games, unable to create a pass rush or make pass rushers out of players he lobbied for like marsh thomas aa. dropping d line guys into pass coverage. can you set there with a straight face and actually said this guy has made no mistakes. and while the team has got better vs the run. we are overall a bad defensive team that can not tackle. could not last year. could not this year. the defense he played on the last two drives vs the packers was unforgiveable

He was blitzing at the end of the Packets game, Mabin was playing bad position over and over again on Adams (giving him the sideline), Witten said Mabin should know, tackling is 100% a players issue and dropping DL in coverage is done by all teams and we hardly ever did it.

You want to complain but in this argument you need to bring something other than fan in nosebleeds level observations. There are examples of Saleh messing up. Generalisations that are mostly player driven miscues doesn't work.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,012


tell me what he has done right. i would really be curious on that

The blitzes and there disguises were well designed and often affected Rodgers. There were a lot of faking the A gap by the LBs only to drop into a dual zone taking away the slant or real A gap blitzes that made Rodgers scramble, throw it away or get sacked.
[ Edited by DaBum on Oct 17, 2018 at 11:58 AM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,185
Originally posted by DaBum:


tell me what he has done right. i would really be curious on that

The blitzes and there disguises were well designed and often affected Rodgers. There were a lot of faking the A gap by the LBs only to drop into a dual zone taking away the slant or real A gap blitzes that made Rodgers scramble, throw it away or get sacked.
Affected him enough to keep him under 450 yards passing....
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Posted this podcast in the Saleh thread...he brings up some solid pts to why Saleh is in over his head


And it's spot on too.

It really is

Yep.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 52,692
Originally posted by Izyniner:

Originally posted by cciowa:
tell me what he has done right. i would really be curious on that

So you listed a bunch of generic blah blah blah but not one thing that has come from Selah directly. All assumptions that a coach did not instruct his players to do all those things you listed. Is he calling the wrong coverage or alignments? You don't know what he has called or what he hasn't. Just a bunch of assumptions. Or as you like to put it Your opinion.
you asked... generic blah blah is allowing the d backs to allow the packers to use the sidelines knowing green bay has no time outs!!!! that is blah blah.. oh my god
Share 49erswebzone