Is Robert Saleh doing a good job in 2018

Is Robert Saleh doing a good job in 2018

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
well Sherman is defending him and he doesn't seem like the type of guy to defend people if they don't deserve it.

I'm blaming the s**tty players we have, and the lack of talent personally.

evaluating the CBs is difficult right now because we are constantly out of position
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by elguapo:
I don't know why a lot of writers and people were saying our defensive coordinator adjusted well. And they seem to totally disregard the first quarter was in my opinion almost historically bad giving up almost 200 yards passing on those busted plays and his personnel decisions. This is probably the worst coordinator I have ever seen and that's including the guy on Green Bay right now petite (sp). This guy has some very good players on defense and they are almost always out of position. He may do stuff right for half the game but people seem to forget he is atrocious the other half. He needs to go there are so many things he can do better such as putting the player at their natural position, as well as calling more man coverages or cover two or press whatever it is he doesn't do consistently and it's so frustrating.

I want him gone, if we want to keep the same scheme just get any other person that has experience and I guarantee it will have better results

Who are these very good players other than Sherman and Buckner?

Foster has the ability to become one for sure. Maybe even Warner too. Day keeps getting better as well. Tartt is solid when healthy.
Posted this podcast in the Saleh thread...he brings up some solid pts to why Saleh is in over his head

After the first TD, McCarthy was walking around smiling. He knew we would screw up the coverage.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PacTiger:
After the first TD, McCarthy was walking around smiling. He knew we would screw up the coverage.

3 threads about the dc just so he can be defended. unreal
[ Edited by cciowa on Oct 17, 2018 at 9:30 AM ]
well Sherman is defending him and he doesn't seem like the type of guy to defend people if they don't deserve it.

evaluating the CBs is difficult right now because we are constantly out of position

Of course Sherman would defend him, he fits the scheme
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

We were told that Sherman knew more than Saleh, and this is the second time Sherman is defending Saleh.

Just sayin'

Same thing that was being said in 2010. McDonald, Brooks, Goldson, Brown all mediocre to s**tty. Until they weren't.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:
We were told that Sherman knew more than Saleh, and this is the second time Sherman is defending Saleh.

Just sayin'
that shows me that a clock in pristine shape can be broken once or twice a day. as was evident by his costly penalty monday. he is not perfect
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Posted this podcast in the Saleh thread...he brings up some solid pts to why Saleh is in over his head

And it's spot on too.

The poll says only 11% are actually defending him.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Same thing that was being said in 2010. McDonald, Brooks, Goldson, Brown all mediocre to s**tty. Until they weren't.

That's the feel I have. There certainly is talent on this defense and some depth now. It does have that same 2010 feel...get an Aldon Smith and a terrific DC and you'd finally see the talent realized as a unit.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Just sayin'
that shows me that a clock in pristine shape can be broken once or twice a day. as was evident by his costly penalty monday. he is not perfect

Or maybe, he is right.

Does that mean Saleh is perfect ? Does that mean Saleh does not make mistakes ? No, not at all.

Just sayin'

I don't know if Sherman is defending Saleh. He says he made the right call but also says we are screwing up basics. That's not a ringing endorsement of the DC.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
The poll says only 11% are actually defending him.

11 mods
Share 49erswebzone