There are 328 users in the forums

Is Robert Saleh doing a good job in 2018

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Robert Saleh doing a good job in 2018

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by evil:
Reed has contributed while Moore is a project converting to CB and Harris is on IR. We made the moves with an eye toward the future, draft and develop.

It wasn't doing nothing though.

"an eye toward the future" == too cheap to sign vets

No, they were interested in some of the names out there and also almost traded for Talib before signing Sherm. They were not interested in grossly overpaying some of those guys.

Free Agency is for supplementing the rebuild, not for rebuilding the holes we have.
  • dj43
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by evil:
Reed has contributed while Moore is a project converting to CB and Harris is on IR. We made the moves with an eye toward the future, draft and develop.

It wasn't doing nothing though.

"an eye toward the future" == too cheap to sign vets

Need to be good, and willing to come here.

In this passing league, the good DBs all have jobs. The future price of CBs will go UP ^^^^.

= no bargains floating around.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Faithful:
Salah should be on the hot seat. We have talent, so why is this defense getting consistently beat? Players are being missed used, and alot of mental errors, especially in the secondary. That's coaching.

In fairness, the defense seemed better prepared last night than they have been in the past...after those first two plays. Saleh also made some good in-game adjustments.

Lot of very good defenses have been beaten by Aaron Rodgers.

I am on the fence with him. I see things I don't like but I don't see any obvious choices that are better. Shanahan has invested two years in him now. I want to see what he can do in the remaining games.
No
Two words = diamond formation
How about when Packers had the 4 WRs grouped together at the 3 yard line and we only had 2 DBs covering them.

Pretty bad
Solomon thomas plays safety....
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Is this poll for real? Dude is fkn horrible
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Oct 16, 2018 at 7:59 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by kazak13:
Originally posted by Garce:
It's hard to say. The players are not well prepared I think that's fair to see. When they figure out wtf is going on they are half way decent. Second half of GB and KC for Example.

But it just seems like dudes are playing a bit dumb sometimes. Is that all on Saleh?

someone has to take the blame.. i wonder how he would call plays if he had all the necessary players at position

Lynch
He drafted Thomas and Witherspoon and picked up Mabin
He got rid of Elvis and Eli
He decided to do nothing about the secondary other than add Sherman
He decided to not to address the Edge

Loved him some Ward

BUT he did address Edge (big time)...got Attaochu (oh nvm).....well at least we got that ballerina kicker #MarshMallow

You must be entertained! You must!!
He's doing a good job at ruining this defense

Originally posted by Adman311:
How about when Packers had the 4 WRs grouped together at the 3 yard line and we only had 2 DBs covering them.

Pretty bad

Very bad. I bet anything that saleh doesn't teach them to be clueless. It was blown assignments by our defense. But saleh gets full blame for not calling timeout. As coach, you're supposed to notice your players are clueless at that moment.
I'm tired of cover 3 / cover 2 with our personnel. Foster should never be covering their best WR, Adams, who had a huge play up the middle. Saleh made some nice adjustments but overall, this D has been torched, and our defense has more offensive "stars" than our offense.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
At this point this season is lost, just do it and have someone else on the coaching staff run the D for the remainder of the year. It's better than watching this train wreck week after week.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by Adman311:

Pretty bad

Very bad. I bet anything that saleh doesn't teach them to be clueless. It was blown assignments by our defense. But saleh gets full blame for not calling timeout. As coach, you're supposed to notice your players are clueless at that moment.

What's really inexcusable was one of those 2 DB's was Ruben Foster.
The secondary is awlful. Even when they make a good play (rarely) it looks like a penalty. The immaturity of the defence really stands out
Share 49ersWebzone