There are 156 users in the forums

Is Robert Saleh doing a good job in 2018

Is Robert Saleh doing a good job in 2018

Would this poll exist if he was?
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
For the last two offensive series for GB, every single completed pass was on #26 . I am not exaggerating. I think Mabin had 8 to maybe as many as 10-12 passes completed against him. McCarthy was targeting Mabin on each and every play. Every single completion? Was against Mabin. Now first off that is just a fact, Mabin has no business on the football field. Maybe selling popcorn or sodas, but not playing football . Now whose fault was it not to get Mabin out of there and put anyone else in his position.? That has to fall on Saleh. And if Saleh didn't notice that everyone of those completed passes in the last two GB drives were ALL on Mabin, then either Saleh needs glasses or he needs to take a rest. Maybe back up at SEA or somewhere like that . Just not HERE.

Last yr he was told to stop the run and he did. Saleh that is. This yr? God alone knows what he was told but so far he has come up a loser. Sure he is inexperienced, but hey, in that case go learn on someone else's team. Mabin just flat out killed us on Mon nite. And if Saleh coujldn't see that, then he has no business being DC. 21 games is enough to know if he has it or not. Right now i would say NOT.

If we have a better alternative ...no i don't mean a different person, but a better alternative...then by all means move him up to DC. IF no one better, then get lynch out looking for a DC for next PS. And start now. That pass D with Mabin in there was a joke, McCArthy saw that Mabin could not cover any receiver on the field and so picked on Mabin every stinking play. It was like i wanted to throw something at Saleh and say..."get him out of here". gotta hand it to McCArthy...he spotted Mabin at the gitgo and used him like a dirty towel every single play in the last two offenseive GB series. Man it was stinky . WE had that game won if it hadn't been for Mabin....and Saleh. One couldn't do it and the other couldn't see it. Bad combo. A loser's combo.

truth
Despite what i wrote above, i like Saleh. He doesn't hog the limelight, he is laid back, i like his demeanor, and sometime, maybe in the future, i wouldn't mind him being our DC. For right now tho, with all basic green guys, we need experience. For right now i would hope that kyle and JL realize they have to have a very good DC. Not a retread, but a really good one. keep Saleh around let him learn and keep him on as a LB coach. But to ask him to DC 24 green guys ? That is just too much to ask. Young kids gotta have an experienced DC, and that is what kyle and JL both overlooked. IF not i expect our D to look no better next yr. Wade Phillips #2, where are you?
Is this a trick question? The pen is roooyyyAaaallll blue!!!
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 21, 2018 at 3:32 AM ]
If you can find an upgrade who can run the scheme I'd do it but the problems are personnel related moreso than coaching. When Cassius Marsh is your best edge rusher no f'n sh teams drop 30 on you and you can't create turnovers. Fact is though this d is pretty good per play. They just can't finish.
Despite what i wrote above, i like Saleh. He doesn't hog the limelight, he is laid back, i like his demeanor, and sometime, maybe in the future, i wouldn't mind him being our DC. For right now tho, with all basic green guys, we need experience. For right now i would hope that kyle and JL realize they have to have a very good DC. Not a retread, but a really good one. keep Saleh around let him learn and keep him on as a LB coach. But to ask him to DC 24 green guys ? That is just too much to ask. Young kids gotta have an experienced DC, and that is what kyle and JL both overlooked. IF not i expect our D to look no better next yr. Wade Phillips #2, where are you?

Overlooked? Our HC was in the Super bowl and by the time he was available the cupboard was bare.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Would this poll exist if he was?

obviously some just want to push their agenda that he is and they are being allowed to do so. no he is not doing a good job. no the position coaches are not doing a good job. no lynch did not do a good job giving the dc talent to work with in regards to pieces of junk like aa marsh ward and earl. and no. i do not have to roll out a list of names of players we should have. although the team should have pushed for hightower. its my opinion and while the run defense is ok most of the time,. the rest was crap last year and is crap this year. no offense to pff numbers or stats
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He's damn good / special at polishing his head right before a big game on TV
I would be surprised if he's not fired, I think I have a better shot at hitting the power ball then him not getting fired..
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He's doing a fine job at ruining young men's careers by playing them out of position!! #SquarePegRoundHole

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

Overlooked? Our HC was in the Super bowl and by the time he was available the cupboard was bare.
That's the excuse for year one...it fails to make any sense in year two.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Is this a trick question? The pen is roooyyyAaaallll blue!!!

reference.

[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Oct 30, 2018 at 7:24 PM ]
Originally posted by jcs:
That's the excuse for year one...it fails to make any sense in year two.

Thanks, jcs. That was the unstated point. It was surprising that we didn't hear anything about JL/KS at least interviewing some potential DCs. Altho who knows, perhaps they did. At least, one would have hoped for more talented DB coaches.
Thanks, jcs. That was the unstated point. It was surprising that we didn't hear anything about JL/KS at least interviewing some potential DCs. Altho who knows, perhaps they did. At least, one would have hoped for more talented DB coaches.

Odds are increasing that Todd Bowles gets fired by the end of the season. If Kyle were to snatch him up......
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Odds are increasing that Todd Bowles gets fired by the end of the season. If Kyle were to snatch him up......

Oh snap...
Share 49erswebzone