LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ERS vs LA RAMS 🐏 GAMEDAY THREAD - 2018 Season Week 7

Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ERS vs LA RAMS 🐏 GAMEDAY THREAD - 2018 Season Week 7

I told myself before the game that I should expect 40-10, that way I wouldn't get angry. I guess I'm not angry....
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by elguapo:
you are what your record is

Like I've said multiple times before, does that apply to Green Bay last year they were a horrible team? Right? But this year they're going to probably make the playoffs Because they have their quarterback. Unbelievable huh?

that's assuming Jimmy can elevate a bad roster like Aaron Rodgers can.

Which I think is foolish to assume until seen otherwise. The 5 games we won last year were against low quality opponents, IMO.

They shouldn't go into next year assuming everything is hunky dory with the roster and think we'll be above .500 after McKinnon and Jimmy come back. Need a lot of drastic changes elsewhere.

Jimmy G will help a lot! But I agree, if the FO is going into the off-season thinking that the much needed 2nd corner or any edge rushers are already on this roster, we are in trouble.
Originally posted by swaccmac1:
Time for a truth check.c j beathard is a turnover machine. Richard Sherman probably won't return to his usually healthy self. Deforest Bucner is good but not dominant. Ruben Foster is not as good as we thought he was. Pierre Garcon is done. The offensive line is ok if you don't ask them to block a dominant front four. George Kittle can be a pro bowl level tight end. None of the 49ers young db' s are any good. The 49ers are injury prone. Kyle Shanahan may not be a head coach,just a good offensive coordinator. Solomon Thomas plays hard but may not be a good fit for this defense. Marquis Goodwin is a good weapon but not when defenses focus on him. Kyle juschzc is under used. The niners need a lot.

This. So much of this.
I'm glad we were flexed for this sorry ass game

Which I think is foolish to assume until seen otherwise. The 5 games we won last year were against low quality opponents, IMO.

They shouldn't go into next year assuming everything is hunky dory with the roster and think we'll be above .500 after McKinnon and Jimmy come back. Need a lot of drastic changes elsewhere.

We're 4-3 right now with Jimmy, IMO. Doesn't excuse the poor performance today, though.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kelson49er:
Time for a truth check.c j beathard is a turnover machine. Richard Sherman probably won't return to his usually healthy self. Deforest Bucner is good but not dominant. Ruben Foster is not as good as we thought he was. Pierre Garcon is done. The offensive line is ok if you don't ask them to block a dominant front four. George Kittle can be a pro bowl level tight end. None of the 49ers young db' s are any good. The 49ers are injury prone. Kyle Shanahan may not be a head coach,just a good offensive coordinator. Solomon Thomas plays hard but may not be a good fit for this defense. Marquis Goodwin is a good weapon but not when defenses focus on him. Kyle juschzc is under used. The niners need a lot.

This. So much of this.

TRUST ME buddy, I've mentioned all those before...

Some of the fans here are just now seeing it and WONT ADMIT " 9moon was correct all along "...
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:

This. So much of this.

Some of the fans here are just now seeing it and WONT ADMIT " 9moon was correct all along "...
The truth can be a painful thing to accept.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Exactly. I thought Garoppolo could overcome some of our deficiencies. Once he went down with the injury that was all she wrote. Even without the injury I doubt we're blowing up the league right now. Playing one of the top teams in the league today was never going to be a competitive contest. This is disappointing, but far from surprising.

Agreed. NFL fans in general are quite delusional and dysfunctional come game day. The week leading up the each game is full of reasonable/rational conversation but on game day all hell breaks loose and fans lose their minds when a young, inexperience team/CS in year two of a rebuild and dealing with a slew of injured players very early in the season doesn't light it up against the best team in the NFL. I zoom out of the situation and focus on the medium-long term. They have 6 year contracts for a reason so I am giving KS/Lynch 3-5 years to get comfortable in their roles, gain experience by success and failure and ultimately right this ship. It's very obvious that they both have a lot to learn as this team is a pathetic embarrassment at this point even considering the injuries. The strength/conditioning coaches have to be questioned given all the injuries and Saleh, who was a questionable hire from day one, should be on the hot seat considering his defense is consistently allowing 30+ pts a game.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
This team needs a roster reset on defense. Get rid of the entire secondary, except sherm. Strength and conditioning staff need to be fired. Saleh needs to be fired. Lynch and Shanahan are on the hot seat now.

Agree about the defense, definitely Saleh and the s/c staff should be shown the door TONIGHT!! However, despite their glaring inadequacies, in year 2 of a rebuild it's far too early to say Lynch and Shanahan are on the hot seat. It;s fair to give them 3-5 years to implement their plan meaning by next year I would expect to see some improvement in player durability and team performance.
Originally posted by SupremeLeader16:
It's pretty simple. We drafted the wrong people and didn't do enough in free agency.

First one to say that and I agree. Fans saying that McVay started out in a similar situation to JH with quite a bit of talent from day one but didn't the rams break the bank during the offseason and bring in a bunch of top tier talent? It's clearly paying off while the 49ers have one win half way through the season and not-coincidentally too much cap space left indicating they didn't do NEARLY enough.
[ Edited by SteveYoung8 on Oct 22, 2018 at 6:52 AM ]

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I'm glad we were flexed for this sorry ass game

Bengals vs chiefs was not any better lol
This sure isn't the season I was kind of expecting...I never bought into the hype of the Niners contending for a playoff spot, but thought if they could go 8-8 it'd be a real sign of progress. The injuries surely hurt, but the team's making the same mistakes week in & week out. After watching the Rams totally dominate us today, it reinforced the fact the Niners just aren't a good football team. They've had chances to win @ 4 games beyond the win vs the Lions...but coming close is just frustrating.

On offense, Kittle's our main threat...Goodwin had a good game vs the Pack, but their defense isn't very good, either. Beathard's got to take much better care of the football...and has to throw the ball away when nobody's open. The constant sacks are just drive killers. The fact not many receivers are getting open is another problem. Aside from the deep throws to Goodwin, there's not another receiver who comes close to scaring opponents. Lynch has to acquire/draft some size at the WR position and some better depth at TE. The OL's not doing a bad job, really. The running game's pretty good, actually. Mostert played well today backing up Breida.

More than anything, I'm really disappointed in our defense. Shanahan has faith in Saleh, so it's imperative they find some better talent along the DL to better execute his defense. Buckner's the best we have, but there's really no other interior DL to compliment him. Thomas just isn't a good fit for this defense...and he's showing it was a mistake to draft him. Armstead most likely won't be re-signed. They can find someone to replace Mitchell...maybe it'll be Jones. The inconsistent play of the DL is hurting the rest of the defense, and that simply has to change. The braintrust has to find some legit pass rushers...but for them to be effective upgrading the DL is paramount. They need to find a shutdown CB to play with Sherman...Witherspoon's been a major disappointment so far this season. Colbert's taken a step backward, IMHO. Part of the reason our secondary continues to get exposed is lack of a pass rush, though.

Even ST's haven't played that well. The kicking game's fine, but covering kicks has been problematic. So, cumulatively there's a lot of work to do. I hope Lynch makes some deals before the trade deadline...if for no other reason than to stockpile draft picks. With them, JL needs to do a better job finding players who fit both offensive and defensive schemes. Same goes for FA's. Again, lots of work ahead before this team can truly be competitive again.
Originally posted by 9moon:

This. So much of this.

Lololo. NT never disappoints.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayToBrazil:
Originally posted by elguapo:
you are what your record is

Like I've said multiple times before, does that apply to Green Bay last year they were a horrible team? Right? But this year they're going to probably make the playoffs Because they have their quarterback. Unbelievable huh?

Jimmy G will help a lot! But I agree, if the FO is going into the off-season thinking that the much needed 2nd corner or any edge rushers are already on this roster, we are in trouble.

Welcome to Lynch's talent evaluation.........
and can the defense stop celebrating every stupid tackle or sack they make when they are getting blown out? Look at the scoreboard dumb assess!

Embarrassing.
Share 49ersWebzone