There are 109 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ERS vs LA RAMS 🐏 GAMEDAY THREAD - 2018 Season Week 7

⛏ SF 49ERS vs LA RAMS 🐏 GAMEDAY THREAD - 2018 Season Week 7

Originally posted by bakefootball:
I'm out fellas. Talk to you next year

Nah don't bother coming back. I'm pissed, but most of us ride to hell and back with this team.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Anyone who thought this was going to be a competitive game with Jimmy G,Sherman,McKinnon and a host of others on the bench are clueless. Switch the coaching staffs and it's the same ass whipping.

Agree completely, how many of our starting O and D would start for the Rams? Kittle, Buckner (if you move their DL around), Foster, Warner. The talent gap is huge.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Originally posted by bakefootball:
I'm out fellas. Talk to you next year

Nah don't bother coming back. I'm pissed, but most of us ride to hell and back with this team.

I'm not going anywhere
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
So glad that's over

Did we win?

Almost
We came in second.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
They are not using bricks. They are using s**t.

A lot of the foundation bricks they put in the wall got knocked out mid-construction.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Um.... these are Kyle's players... those are McVay's players.

Who's fault is that?

We had money to spend...they spent money. Kyle is picky with the players he wants. McVay seems more open.

We chose certain players in the draft, when others were available... reached for some players, who we didn't need to reach for. Who weren't as much of a need compared to other positions.

So yeah it's weird to deflect the responsibility of who this team is when Kyle has 100% Control.. way more than other coaches in the league. Coaches who have proven themselves more than Kyle has as a head coach so far.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
Um.... these are Kyle's players... those are McVay's players.

Who's fault is that?

We had money to spend...they spent money. Kyle is picky with the players he wants. McVay seems more open.

We chose certain players in the draft, when others were available... reached for some players, who we didn't need to reach for. Who weren't as much of a need compared to other positions.

So yeah it's weird to deflect the responsibility of who this team is when Kyle has 100% Control.. way more than other coaches in the league. Coaches who have proven themselves more than Kyle has as a head coach so far.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by bud49:
Mcvay showing Shanny how it's done.

Have them switch rosters and see what happens.

Um.... these are Kyle's players... those are McVay's players.

Who's fault is that?

We had money to spend...they spent money. Kyle is picky with the players he wants. McVay seems more open.

We chose certain players in the draft, when others were available... reached for some players, who we didn't need to reach for. Who weren't as much of a need compared to other positions.

So yeah it's weird to deflect the responsibility of who this team is when Kyle has 100% Control.. way more than other coaches in the league. Coaches who have proven themselves more than Kyle has as a head coach so far.

Most of this roster was drafted before McVay was hired as the coach. These arent McVay's players.

So your saying then Kyle should not draft players?

Im saying McVay inherited a roster full of premium talent, and Kyle started from scratch, and is missing a large chunk of his roster, specifically his starting QB.

So your saying after having what 3 top ten picks ( maybe more I'm not sure) in the last three drafts we failed and foster in the bottom of the first round they failed?

Im saying you cant possibly have a winner 6 weeks into the 2nd season of a total rebuild, especially when half your starters and your QB are hurt.

Isnt this common sense...

Well I'm not willing to just explain it or excuse it all away on injuries and a bad roster. This team got beat by the cardinals the cardinals has that not sunk in yet?

A backup QB with 2-4 turnovers in a game makes a huge difference. Defense has regressed, but they are also being put in terrible field position by Beathard.

I know Jimmy G threw a decent number of picks, but his INTs were mostly not game flippers.
Honestly from what I have seen out of this team I don't think Jimmy could make a big difference.

You both are probably right.

I don't think he'd solve the pass defense problems, but I do think he'd not put the defense in as many short yard situations with sack-fumbles like Beathard. Jimmy would also scare better defenses so they couldn't stack the box like they do against CJ. It would make some difference. Without Jimmy G last year this was a 1-10 team. Without Jimmy G thisbyear they are 0-4.

1-15 vs. 7-1. Yeah, he makes a difference. Probably the difference between 2-14 and 8-8 this year.

As much as I'd love to believe that, I had us at 7 wins before all the injuries. It's just too much and too many mental issues. Same patterns we saw even with JG in there.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,208
I heard all that Brick by Brick crap I wanted to hear when Butch Jones was HC at Tennessee, he spewed that motto for 4 years. Then he was Fired.
[ Edited by bud49 on Oct 21, 2018 at 4:41 PM ]
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Nah don't bother coming back. I'm pissed, but most of us ride to hell and back with this team.

I think we all feel that way after a depressing loss but we come back.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Saw that replay on the Gurley touchdown. Buckner was lit up. I've been saying this over and over he's really inconsistent in the run game. Everyone wants to crown him a star but he still needs to work on pad level.

Its his height. Too tall to be consistent every play

I have a simpler reason. He's trash.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
So glad that's over

Did we win?

Almost
We came in second.

Well, that's not bad!

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
So glad that's over

Did we win?

Almost
We came in second.

Well, that's not bad!

Right!
Lol what a s**t game, but pretty much what I expected
The buffoonery continues. Quite possibly one of the most embarrassing games ever played by this team.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Um.... these are Kyle's players... those are McVay's players.

Who's fault is that?

We had money to spend...they spent money. Kyle is picky with the players he wants. McVay seems more open.

We chose certain players in the draft, when others were available... reached for some players, who we didn't need to reach for. Who weren't as much of a need compared to other positions.

So yeah it's weird to deflect the responsibility of who this team is when Kyle has 100% Control.. way more than other coaches in the league. Coaches who have proven themselves more than Kyle has as a head coach so far.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
Um.... these are Kyle's players... those are McVay's players.

Who's fault is that?

We had money to spend...they spent money. Kyle is picky with the players he wants. McVay seems more open.

We chose certain players in the draft, when others were available... reached for some players, who we didn't need to reach for. Who weren't as much of a need compared to other positions.

So yeah it's weird to deflect the responsibility of who this team is when Kyle has 100% Control.. way more than other coaches in the league. Coaches who have proven themselves more than Kyle has as a head coach so far.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by bud49:
Mcvay showing Shanny how it's done.

Have them switch rosters and see what happens.

Um.... these are Kyle's players... those are McVay's players.

Who's fault is that?

We had money to spend...they spent money. Kyle is picky with the players he wants. McVay seems more open.

We chose certain players in the draft, when others were available... reached for some players, who we didn't need to reach for. Who weren't as much of a need compared to other positions.

So yeah it's weird to deflect the responsibility of who this team is when Kyle has 100% Control.. way more than other coaches in the league. Coaches who have proven themselves more than Kyle has as a head coach so far.

Most of this roster was drafted before McVay was hired as the coach. These arent McVay's players.

So your saying then Kyle should not draft players?

Im saying McVay inherited a roster full of premium talent, and Kyle started from scratch, and is missing a large chunk of his roster, specifically his starting QB.

So your saying after having what 3 top ten picks ( maybe more I'm not sure) in the last three drafts we failed and foster in the bottom of the first round they failed?

Im saying you cant possibly have a winner 6 weeks into the 2nd season of a total rebuild, especially when half your starters and your QB are hurt.

Isnt this common sense...

Well I'm not willing to just explain it or excuse it all away on injuries and a bad roster. This team got beat by the cardinals the cardinals has that not sunk in yet?

A backup QB with 2-4 turnovers in a game makes a huge difference. Defense has regressed, but they are also being put in terrible field position by Beathard.

I know Jimmy G threw a decent number of picks, but his INTs were mostly not game flippers.
Honestly from what I have seen out of this team I don't think Jimmy could make a big difference.

You both are probably right.

I don't think he'd solve the pass defense problems, but I do think he'd not put the defense in as many short yard situations with sack-fumbles like Beathard. Jimmy would also scare better defenses so they couldn't stack the box like they do against CJ. It would make some difference. Without Jimmy G last year this was a 1-10 team. Without Jimmy G thisbyear they are 0-4.

1-15 vs. 7-1. Yeah, he makes a difference. Probably the difference between 2-14 and 8-8 this year.

As much as I'd love to believe that, I had us at 7 wins before all the injuries. It's just too much and too many mental issues. Same patterns we saw even with JG in there.

7-9 is still a 5+ win differential more than likely. That's a valuable player that can flip a 16 game schedule by 5-6 wins.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,208
They look like the 21 stooges out there. I will keep Sherman out of this.
[ Edited by bud49 on Oct 21, 2018 at 4:42 PM ]
Share 49erswebzone