LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ERS vs LA RAMS 🐏 GAMEDAY THREAD - 2018 Season Week 7

Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ERS vs LA RAMS 🐏 GAMEDAY THREAD - 2018 Season Week 7

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
you are what your record is

Like I've said multiple times before, does that apply to Green Bay last year they were a horrible team? Right? But this year they're going to probably make the playoffs Because they have their quarterback. Unbelievable huh?
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
Keep some perspective, the Rams are very good, and the 49ers are decimated by injury. This was the first loss of the year where we we were never in the game.
The fuk otta here with that sh!t

Here's some perspective for you: As OC Kyle Shanahan is probably the best in the league. As a complete HC, as an evaluator of talent, he's complete sh!t and it's on full display. This cannot be blamed on Baalke anymore. This roster is mostly Shanny and Lynch's roster. A "players only" meeting won't fix this sh!t.

If Shanny is to be successful going forward he's gonna have to swallow a lot of pride, pride in the personnel choices for his scheme, pride in how the team is run. He needs to hire not just an Assist. HC, he needs to hire a co-HC; a respected guy who can set a standard of accountability, because obviously Shanny isn't adept at enforcing accountability. All of these turnovers? That means that the HC isn't pushing penalties for in-game miscues. Shanny seems to be a "players coach" that the players don't fear being held to account for their fumbles, INT's, penalties, etc. I'm listening to Shanny's presser right now; I have no faith that he has any clue on how to fix the turnovers. NONE!!!

So please, can we start being honest and get the fuk out of the honeymoon bed with Shanny and start calling it like it is.
My plan
Kyle on phone: "<sniff sniff> Daddy? <sniff sniff> The Rams <sob> beat me up!<sobs and shudders> Will you help me get them back ? <sniff sniff>..................what?.................No, it's not just the Rams. Everybody is! .....<sniff sniff> Bring all your friends too!............Ok..... Please hurry <waaaaaaaah>
Originally posted by LVJay:

LV my 7 team teaser just has KC +1 left. Should I hedge it and bet Cin?
Originally posted by LondonNiner:
We're in the conversation, but the raiders are comically bad too. And they just gave a guy who's 15 years past it a 10 year 100mill contract, but wouldn't pay a generational talent at a huge position of need. We are a mess, they are a s**t show.

I agree with that but we will see a head to head this year.
When the raiders play the Colts one of them has to win or tie that's good news now we just have to worry about the damn bills and cards. They both have their quarterbacks so we are screwed
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 21, 2018 at 5:20 PM ]
that's about as good as could be expected against the best team in the nfl. what did people expect with half the starters missing from a team with a lot of holes already?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:

LV my 7 team teaser just has KC +1 left. Should I hedge it and bet Cin?

Nah no need for hedge. KC is nearly unbeatable at home. Cincy has injuries on defense and Vontez Burfuct is good for one or two bone-headed mistakes to give Mahomes 1st down / TDs

you should hedge if you aren't at least 90%, but only a little more than what you placed for the bet (at least you'll get your cash back and some change)
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sourball:
Keep some perspective, the Rams are very good, and the 49ers are decimated by injury. This was the first loss of the year where we we were never in the game.

Here's some perspective for you: As OC Kyle Shanahan is probably the best in the league. As a complete HC, as an evaluator of talent, he's complete sh!t and it's on full display. This cannot be blamed on Baalke anymore. This roster is mostly Shanny and Lynch's roster. A "players only" meeting won't fix this sh!t.

If Shanny is to be successful going forward he's gonna have to swallow a lot of pride, pride in the personnel choices for his scheme, pride in how the team is run. He needs to hire not just an Assist. HC, he needs to hire a co-HC; a respected guy who can set a standard of accountability, because obviously Shanny isn't adept at enforcing accountability. All of these turnovers? That means that the HC isn't pushing penalties for in-game miscues. Shanny seems to be a "players coach" that the players don't fear being held to account for their fumbles, INT's, penalties, etc. I'm listening to Shanny's presser right now; I have no faith that he has any clue on how to fix the turnovers. NONE!!!

So please, can we start being honest and get the fuk out of the honeymoon bed with Shanny and start calling it like it is.
My plan
Kyle on phone: "<sniff sniff> Daddy? <sniff sniff> The Rams <sob> beat me up!<sobs and shudders> Will you help me get them back ? <sniff sniff>..................what?.................No, it's not just the Rams. Everybody is! .....<sniff sniff> Bring all your friends too!............Ok..... Please hurry <waaaaaaaah>

• Rascal
  • Veteran

My plan

Is so true though. It has become glaringly obvious that his ability or rather inability to evaluate talent is one big question mark.
Time for a truth check.c j beathard is a turnover machine. Richard Sherman probably won't return to his usually healthy self. Deforest Bucner is good but not dominant. Ruben Foster is not as good as we thought he was. Pierre Garcon is done. The offensive line is ok if you don't ask them to block a dominant front four. George Kittle can be a pro bowl level tight end. None of the 49ers young db' s are any good. The 49ers are injury prone. Kyle Shanahan may not be a head coach,just a good offensive coordinator. Solomon Thomas plays hard but may not be a good fit for this defense. Marquis Goodwin is a good weapon but not when defenses focus on him. Kyle juschzc is under used. The niners need a lot.
[ Edited by swaccmac1 on Oct 21, 2018 at 6:06 PM ]

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Another divisional game next week on the road... Tards rested and have a better OC now.

#Wef**ked
Originally posted by Rascal:

My plan

Is so true though. It has become glaringly obvious that his ability or rather inability to evaluate talent is one big question mark.

How so? He has some hits and he has some misses/whiffs. I don't understand how this would be any different from one week to the next. Was this week circled as NOW this is the week we are going to put it all together? If it were glaringly obvious, we would have absolutely no talent. We have some talent and we have a body count of hurt guys which is among the worse I've ever seen. What will be interesting is to see how we perform again against Arizona, Oakland, against NY, etc. But to evaluate this beat up team against the NFL's best is silly. My only real worry in terms of their evaluation of talent is that if Thomas is moved inside and they get an edge rusher and he still shows nothing. But other than that, we've got a number 1 TE, got a franchise QB, have a borderline number 1 receiver (problem is, no one else scares anyone), a really good underutilized FB, a much improved OL, etc. The interesting thing is that all of the good that this team has is on offense. I don't count Richard Sherman because he was he who he was before he got here and Buck/Foster were expected to be good. But outside of that, no one has emerged on defense. Not a single player. Then of course there are the other team related issues. But with this talent evaluation thing, the weakness appears to be on one side of the ball.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
C.J. Beathard has at least 17.8 points in three straight games (multiple passing TDs in each). The only QBs who can say that? Tom Brady, Wentz, Luck and Beathard. Junk time still counts, baby.

It's worth pointing out the Rams allow the ninth-most tight end receptions per game this season (5.33) ... Kittle is fifth among tight ends in receptions the past four weeks.

- Matthew Berry

Interesting.

Yeah we got creamed again, but it's cool cause Kittle got to pad his stats. Too bad Brieda got hurt again tho, I wanted him to stay up with the run game / stats.
#47 is safety on punt blocking....if anyone busts through from the middle he suppose to block him, instead he runs out wide...WTF

Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
you are what your record is

Like I've said multiple times before, does that apply to Green Bay last year they were a horrible team? Right? But this year they're going to probably make the playoffs Because they have their quarterback. Unbelievable huh?

that's assuming Jimmy can elevate a bad roster like Aaron Rodgers can.

Which I think is foolish to assume until seen otherwise. The 5 games we won last year were against low quality opponents, IMO.

They shouldn't go into next year assuming everything is hunky dory with the roster and think we'll be above .500 after McKinnon and Jimmy come back. Need a lot of drastic changes elsewhere.
Share 49ersWebzone