⛏ SF 49ERS vs LA RAMS 🐏 GAMEDAY THREAD - 2018 Season Week 7

Where: Levi's Stadium;
Santa Clara, CA
When: Sunday - October 21, 2018;
1:25 PM (PST)
TV: CBS

TV Coverage Broadcast Map:

Last 5 meetings: (SF 4 - 1 LA)

Please post all your pregame news, observations & discussions here.

This thread will be be renamed come gameday, to be superseded by an Official Gameday Thread.

In the cases where it is appropriate to merge threads (like if an injury happens and everyone reports it at the same time) mods will do so.
Just do whatever we did to put up around 40 points last year and pray we can avoid anymore busted coverages.
Can you all smell that?

It's Bosa. And he'll be a step closer to us after this game.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
We got a little better in some areas, they got a lot better some areas since last year. They could blow us out, but it's a rivalry / divisional game. I see a lot of points being scored...though their defense has one or two weaknesses that Shanny will exploit, we have too many holes

They've recently won a couple of close ones (3rd road game for them). We've lost a lot of close ones, something has to go our way sooner or later. In the end, I imagine they'll tear us a new affhole, but I won't be shocked if we sneak it out.
Originally posted by LVJay:
We got a little better in some areas, they got a lot better some areas since last year. They could blow us out, but it's a rivalry / divisional game. I see a lot of points being scored...though their defense has one or two weaknesses that Shanny will exploit, we have too many holes

They've recently won a couple of close ones (3rd road game for them). We've lost a lot of close ones, something has to go our way sooner or later. In the end, I imagine they'll tear us a new affhole, but I won't be shocked if we sneak it out.

The Rams are 11-1 away from the LA Coliseum during McVay's tenure as HC. We have issues with injuries, but hopefully most will be ready to go come the playoffs. Our injured Kicker Greg Zuerlein will be back for this game. thank God. Cooper Kupp will be gone, recovering from a sprained knee and we signed a FNG for hopefully only a couple of week when Kupp comes back. Aqib Talib is still out, and we realized how important he was after his injury, so there is some vulnerability that the 49ers may be able to exploit.

I think we win. But you guys gave us fits last year with Beathard. I regret that Jimmy G is gone due to injury, because I want the Niners best shot. Let the discussion begin!
[ Edited by LoyalRam on Oct 16, 2018 at 7:25 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoyalRam:

The Rams are 11-1 away from the LA Coliseum during McVay's tenure as HC. We have issues with injuries, but hopefully most will be ready to go come the playoffs. Our injured Kicker Greg Zuerlein will be back for this game. thank God. Cooper Kupp will be gone, recovering from a sprained knee and we signed a FNG for hopefully only a couple of week when Kupp comes back. Aqib Talib is still out, and we realized how important he was after his injury, so there is some vulnerability that the 49ers may be able to exploit.

I think we win. But you guys gave us fits last year with Beathard. I regret that Jimmy G is gone due to injury, because I want the Niners best shot. Let the discussion begin!

Last year was the beginning with plenty more years to come. One of those years, both teams will be healthy at the same time

Yeah, I think it will be a good one. Its too bad it wasn't a MNF or TNF game.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Think we'll score..but they'll score more.
Last year was the beginning with plenty more years to come. One of those years, both teams will be healthy at the same time

Yeah, I think it will be a good one. Its too bad it wasn't a MNF or TNF game.

yep...
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Can you all smell that?

It's Bosa. And he'll be a step closer to us after this game.

It's the 3-4 games after this one we have to worry about. Teams who are stinking it up as much, if not worse than we are.

Overall the second half of our draw is looking pretty soft which is not good for our draft stock.
Rivalry renewed

I think this will be a high scoring game. Wouldn't be surprised if both teams combine for 75 or more points. Neither defense has been playing well. Rams have a little bit more of an edge being healthier overall. Kupp is a big loss as he's been a 3rd down machine. But they should still do pretty good with Cooks and Woods. Then there is Todd Gurley.

But the defense has played poorly the past 4 games. Open receivers galore. If Beathard can find them and make accurate throws its going to be a stressful game for Rams fans. Seems like the refs are giving blockers a handicap with Aaron Donald. If the 49ers can hold without being too egregious with it they can get away with it. With the poor play of the defense I think this game will be high scoring and close. But I think in the end the Rams will find a way to pull it out.
Originally posted by snackdaddy:
I think this will be a high scoring game. Wouldn't be surprised if both teams combine for 75 or more points. Neither defense has been playing well. Rams have a little bit more of an edge being healthier overall. Kupp is a big loss as he's been a 3rd down machine. But they should still do pretty good with Cooks and Woods. Then there is Todd Gurley.

But the defense has played poorly the past 4 games. Open receivers galore. If Beathard can find them and make accurate throws its going to be a stressful game for Rams fans. Seems like the refs are giving blockers a handicap with Aaron Donald. If the 49ers can hold without being too egregious with it they can get away with it. With the poor play of the defense I think this game will be high scoring and close. But I think in the end the Rams will find a way to pull it out.

Not entirely true, snack...How well did the Rams defense do against the run, compared to previous games? I believed they allowed a very good rushing team in the Broncos, only 60 yards on the ground, when before this game they were getting gashed on the ground in previous weeks. The Rams defense did pretty well this week, considering the refs helping out on drives, especially that last drive...my God it was so blatant! It's a shame that Kupp is down, but just means Woods and Cooks will have bigger games.. Gurley will have a big day, catching screens and running the ball.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoyalRam:
Originally posted by snackdaddy:

Not entirely true, snack...How well did the Rams defense do against the run, compared to previous games? I believed they allowed a very good rushing team in the Broncos, only 60 yards on the ground, when before this game they were getting gashed on the ground in previous weeks. The Rams defense did pretty well this week, considering the refs helping out on drives, especially that last drive...my God it was so blatant! It's a shame that Kupp is down, but just means Woods and Cooks will have bigger games.. Gurley will have a big day, catching screens and running the ball.

You two are sweating Kupp or any offensive player missing. Understand that teams throw out WRs acquired from Home Depot and (quite possibly) homeless shelters, then do just fine against our DBs
This will feel like last years game against Dallas
Oh man, Rams fans all up in here, having football discussions.
Sad times.
Share 49erswebzone