LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Jeff Hafley DB Coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GMniner805:
Good for him, jumped off a sinking ship

Going from a dumpster fire like SF to a Power house college program, probably a career saving move.

yeah, probably.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Marquand Manuel come on down

that would be awesome
By the way they've played this season I didn't even think they were being coached, lol. Addition by subtraction.
Manuel, Joseph, or Wilks. I'm good with either of the 3. They know the position and have game planned for defense before. Hopefully we move quickly.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by GMniner805:
Good for him, jumped off a sinking ship

Going from a dumpster fire like SF to a Power house college program, probably a career saving move.

You should probably jump off the sinking ship too

+1
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
good.. aside from sherman. we were not good back there at all. injuryexcuse not withstanding
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by luis1985:
bye!

I don't think losing him is a good thing

If our next DB coach tells players to watch the ball, he's immediately an upgrade.
On the one hand, I was laughing at that back then. But, seriously, isn't that the usual procedure in man coverage if your back is turned towards the QB?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
good.. aside from sherman. we were not good back there at all. injuryexcuse not withstanding

Even the great sherman had the same number of Ints as you and I.
Originally posted by susweel:
Even the great sherman had the same number of Ints as you and I.

The secondary doesn't trust each other yet. And they really shouldn't with all the missed assignments. Hopefully our next DB coach will help correct the assignment and communication issues. Add Earl Thomas and give the secondary time to gel and build trust, and you'll start to see more picks.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by luis1985:
bye!

I don't think losing him is a good thing

Considering we had the 32nd ranked secondary, it's probably not a bad thing either.

jeff hafley trail technique instructional video.:

If this how we change staff then I am all for it. Great work kyle and company.
Get Donatell on the phone, make him db coach/asst dc/special consultant to hc.
I go with Brodie. We are half way there. A DB coach who had a non functioning D Backfield is now ELSEWHERE. Fine. Now we need to get someone who knows how to coach DBs. And the Brodie post above for making Donatell DB coach, asst dc/ special consultant to HC...etc etc, is a great idea. We can fix about 12 things with one hire here. My early suggestion was just to dress up an asst DC as a special asst to HC, D oriented, but i like this better. Getting saleh some help starting with DBs and helping in D game planning, D playcalling... that could all be done in one hire here. Kyle has to know we need both so here we are. Just do it Kyle.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
jeff hafley trail technique instructional video.:

Is it sad that I tell which one is Sherman and which one is Witherspoon?
Share 49ersWebzone