There are 127 users in the forums

Jimmy G vs CJB

Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
What killed drives vs Arizona was penalties, turnovers and drops. One of those turnovers was on CJ, but is that any worse than what we've seen from Jimmy G?

CJ was doing his part to move the chains, but had to deal with a number of drops, RBs fumbling etc, and he has absolutely not been any worse than Jimmy G in the turnover department. I watched the games and don't see how you can pin either loss and CJ, and is simply ridiculous. Some fans here have Jimmy G rose colored glasses on.

What glasses are you viewing CJ through? Those turnovers were CJ's fault and that's why we lost the game, period. There is a big difference between Jimmy and CJ. Jimmy would have won that AZ game, possibly the LAC game as well, simply because he's not deficient in areas CJ is. CJ is a backup for a reason.
It's only two games, but Beathard has looked much better this year than he did last year.

Honestly, last year he looked like a bottom third backup QB to me and so far this year he looks like a top third backup QB to me.
What killed drives vs Arizona was penalties, turnovers and drops. One of those turnovers was on CJ, but is that any worse than what we've seen from Jimmy G?

CJ was doing his part to move the chains, but had to deal with a number of drops, RBs fumbling etc, and he has absolutely not been any worse than Jimmy G in the turnover department. I watched the games and don't see how you can pin either loss and CJ, and is simply ridiculous. Some fans here have Jimmy G rose colored glasses on.

Three of those turnovers were on Beathard. Cardinals media after the game was like "wow we got our butts kicked for most of that game, thank goodness Beathard sucks!"
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Beat-hard's pocket awareness is next to zero. He's got like two passing attempts of more than 20 yards and his accuracy is still not good.

The fact that we've been able to put up some numbers has more to do with Kyle and his scheme and less to do with CJ IMO. We lost last week because of beathard not because of a s**tty defense.

I agree with most but I don't agree that we lost bc of Beathard. We lost because we turned the ball over too many times and not all of them was his fault. So far 2 of his interceptions came off of dropped passes by our receivers and tight ends. Mostert had a key fumble.

Beathard is kind of like Alex Smith in the sense that we need everything (defense, ST) else to come together and be flawless which at this point in the rebuild is not.
If I'm to take this thread seriously then the 49ers made a 137 million dollar mistake.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It's not crabby protection though...he's never steps up in the pocket. Kyle has been scheming quick completions for CJ the past two games take away two plays that Kittle basically did on his own (80 yard TD and a screen play for 50 yards) and his YPA is poo.

He's a nice backup similar to Hoyer, he's not even close to as talented as Jimmy G and it's a horrible debate.
Agree 👆🏻
Originally posted by miked1978:
I agree with most but I don't agree that we lost bc of Beathard. We lost because we turned the ball over too many times and not all of them was his fault. So far 2 of his interceptions came off of dropped passes by our receivers and tight ends. Mostert had a key fumble.

Beathard is kind of like Alex Smith in the sense that we need everything (defense, ST) else to come together and be flawless which at this point in the rebuild is not.

He had 4 turnovers and you can easily say 3 of them were on him.
I don't see any argument here. Jimmy is better in the pocket and more accurate. He has a quicker release although he was holding on to the ball too long this year. I still want to see him play a full season with a full compliment of decent receivers.
CJ looks like s**t tbh.
Originally posted by cdub80:
Beathard reminds me of Kurt Cousins when he came in for RG III. Putting up decent numbers, throwing for a decent amount of yards, but lacking pocket awareness and forcing throws that end up being picked. Hopefully he can develope into a starter and we can trade him for a nice bounty of picks. Right now Jimmy G is light years ahead of him.

I'm not sure why I even clicked on this thread, but I'm glad I did for this post, extremely well said.

Jimmy g is easier on the eyes. Dont want to look at cj beathanderthal for the next 15 years
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Oct 10, 2018 at 8:49 AM ]
If all you had to go on to evaluate these 2 QBs, where the games they've played this season, would you really see Jimmy G as our savior franchise QB and CJB as the lowly backup? They've both done a good job at moving the team up and down the field, both have high interception numbers which are only partially their fault (like when the ball bounces off the intended receiver). And they've both dealt with a receiving corp that has dropped a lot of passes.

I don't see much difference between the two. Which is good and bad: good because I think we have 2 good QBs, and bad, because I don't think we can pin these losses on Jimmy G being out. We're losing because of s**t defense, and errors from our offensive skill position players.

I hope this is a joke?
LOL, I came to this thread to laugh, we could use a good laugh after this horror show of a season. Make no mistakes, CJ is a back-up. Always will be a back-up QB. He doesn't possess the natural instincts it takes to be a starting QB,Jimmy G does. Jimmy G isn't playing right now because Shanalynch put crappy players around him who can't get open because "we like our players". Thus because nobody could get open, Jimmy G overcompensated and got himself hurt.
It doesn't matter.

Most players show the biggest improvement in their second year, and CJ will have ample opportunity to do just that this year. He should end the year much better than he is now.

Jimmy G will be restricted to mental reps all year long, and won't have much opportunity to get better, and no opportunity to challenge CJ on the field this year.

This is a discussion for next August.
Originally posted by BOI49er:
It doesn't matter.

Most players show the biggest improvement in their second year, and CJ will have ample opportunity to do just that this year. He should end the year much better than he is now.

Jimmy G will be restricted to mental reps all year long, and won't have much opportunity to get better, and no opportunity to challenge CJ on the field this year.

This is a discussion for next August.

No, This should never be a discussion
Share 49erswebzone