The Yorks.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by bud49:
Tomsula and Shanny. Winning Percentage.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/TomsJi0.htm
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ShanKy0.htm

Not that either one is great but that is bad.

Bill Walsh started out 8-24 in his 1st two seasons along with 79 turnovers...everyone in here would have wanted him out if we were in the social media age.

Just comparing the Winning percentage.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I mad at the coaching staff not coaching the basic fundamentals of football. Tackling and ball security.

It's kind of like Maslows Hierarchy of Needs. Kyle spends so much time on the top of the triangle with advanced idiosyncrasies that the basics are overlooked. We are victims of poor tackling, penalties, turnovers and our guys don't play as a unit. I agree..all symptoms of lack of basics.

Boy did Pete ever get this one right. Spot on. Well done. The incongruity of it is just mind blowing. All the twists and turns of scheming guys open, truly remarkable stuff... joined with and overshadowed by a team that :

Can't pass block.

Can't tackle...and it doesn't get any more basic than this.

DBs can't cover.

OL and DL can't stop penalties...holding, offisides, motion...aw shucks, everything

DC isn't connecting with his guys, or...the DBs aren't worth a lick. How can we have so many WRs open so often, with busted coverages ,etc?

HC who is great OC, has overlooked basic football, mistakenly thinking the players all know basic tackling, blocking, and covering....they don't.

How come 6 games in we still have tacklers grabbing, pulling, bumping guys but are NOT tackling them? This is disastrous.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I mad at the coaching staff not coaching the basic fundamentals of football. Tackling and ball security.

It's kind of like Maslows Hierarchy of Needs. Kyle spends so much time on the top of the triangle with advanced idiosyncrasies that the basics are overlooked. We are victims of poor tackling, penalties, turnovers and our guys don't play as a unit. I agree..all symptoms of lack of basics.

Boy did Pete ever get this one right. Spot on. Well done. The incongruity of it is just mind blowing. All the twists and turns of scheming guys open, truly remarkable stuff... joined with and overshadowed by a team that :

Can't pass block.

Can't tackle...and it doesn't get any more basic than this.

DBs can't cover.

OL and DL can't stop penalties...holding, offisides, motion...aw shucks, everything

DC isn't connecting with his guys, or...the DBs aren't worth a lick. How can we have so many WRs open so often, with busted coverages ,etc?

HC who is great OC, has overlooked basic football, mistakenly thinking the players all know basic tackling, blocking, and covering....they don't.

How come 6 games in we still have tacklers grabbing, pulling, bumping guys but are NOT tackling them? This is disastrous.

Lol wow. It's all over now even with guys like you doc? The webzone is dying.
Lynch and Shannahan. Lousy, terrible drafts.
Originally posted by susweel:
Im more mad at shannylynch for assembling this crappy roster. All the draft picks and salary cap room and this is the best they can do. Embarrassing

Relax. They have 6 year contracts. It's year 2 people.
I'm mad at both, because they both have picked up non impact players.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I am not mad at the players. Drafting three players who play the same position with the first pick in three straight drafts is dumb.

Thank you.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I'm mad at both, because they both have picked up non impact players.
I like that.
Share 49erswebzone