LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 171 users in the forums

Who's doing worse putting talent on field

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's doing worse putting talent on field

In terms of going after talent.
maybe they're about the same in terms of being competent.
Similarities:

Both never drafted a franchise QB, RB, or #1WR.

Differences:

Baalke would never have spent that much to get Garappolo or even think about getting him because he was inept at that and cheap.

Lynch is opposite - spending way too much on Garappolo and also Mckinnon.

Baalke brought in players that had prior ACL injuries. Lynch brings in players that get ACL injuries.
Lol, go look at the 2016 team.

/thread
They are both bad. Jed York keeps picking losers. But shouldn't shock or surprise anybody who has followed this team for many years in a row.
All of them are a bunch of morons. Let's all think Mr. York for this teams dismisses
Why can't we hire Scot McCloughan. I mean...seriously. Who cares if he gets drunk? Just pick some football players in April. The guy could be drunk during the draft and still probably assemble a decent roster.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Oct 7, 2018 at 9:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Why can't we hire Scot McCloughan. I mean...seriously. Who cares if he gets drunk? Just pick some football players in April. The guy could be drunk during the draft and still probably assemble a decent roster.

This is what I feel... Lynch has no real control anyway. At least get Scott in there somewhere. And let him get in Kyle's ear.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

This is what I feel... Lynch has no real control anyway. At least get Scott in there somewhere. And let him get in Kyle's ear.

He's in Cleveland
This thread is depressing

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

He's in Cleveland

He was just their consultant for their 2018 draft. He doesn't seem to have an official title right now with them.
Originally posted by jreff22:
He's in Cleveland

They're starting to get some really smart management. Somehow got Eliot Wolf...ron wolf's son. And Scot McCloughan in their FO. Pretty jealous. They're definitely on the up and up. While we are trending downwards.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Lol, go look at the 2016 team.

/thread
That team could very well end up with more victories over a single season than this one...
[ Edited by jcs on Oct 7, 2018 at 11:53 PM ]
Baalke destroyed the roster starting by not resigning delanie walker and dashon goldson. Walker was and stll is a mismatch nightmare. And goldson was a hawk and a hitter. Countless times taking wr out of games with his hits. Most of the time he hit low too so he really wouldnt get flagged for personal fouls. Then with all them draft picks he had didnt get squat. The best player he probably got was chris borland who scared players into retirement. Aldon smith was a product of justin smith. Instead of trading down for more picks they should have traded up for quality players. Whatever it just irks me to think about how he destroyed the what mcloughan built.
Well, they both had serious injury issued at times.
Share 49ersWebzone