There are 288 users in the forums

Should we play Mullens in GB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

Should we play Mullens in GB?

I just got home from the game and I am pissed (in both the British and American term) All I know for sure is that CJ is not moving or inspiring the team. He's a gutsy guy and I love him but he just doesn't have what it takes to make things happen. I know Mullins was fan favorite in the preseason which means absolutely zilch but since the season is now officially over why not give Mulls a shot and see what he's got???
What we got to lose? Answer: nothing
Yup
No reason not to at this point. CJ is at best a backup. The season is lost so might as well see what Mullins has got.
For what? Stop the see what Mullens has talk. We saw him against guys no longer in the league. Mullens isn't taking a single snap.
This sounds like "we want Carr." Beathard blew it today, made some terrible decisions but I still feel far better about him than Mullens who is a prototypical preseason superstar. Might as well let Beathard keep getting the snaps. He looked a lot better last week, maybe this will be an every other week sort of deal?
Have to throw every kid out there we have and see what we've got. Next year is a playoff must make as far as I am concerned. Not good to have Jimmy and JM out for this entire season Obv. No continuity going into next year
  • Stud
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This sounds like "we want Carr." Beathard blew it today, made some terrible decisions but I still feel far better about him than Mullens who is a prototypical preseason superstar. Might as well let Beathard keep getting the snaps. He looked a lot better last week, maybe this will be an every other week sort of deal?

So basically you want one turd to play over the other because one stinks less. Bravo.
Originally posted by Stud:

So basically you want one turd to play over the other because one stinks less. Bravo.

I don't think you understand the drop off.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Stud:

I don't think you understand the drop off.

The reality is that no one is a "turd" if they made i this far on the NFL. The question is: "Can some 'TURD' become a star (ala 6th rounder Tom Brady) if they get a shot?
Didn't see this thread coming....

Originally posted by LenCat:
I just got home from the game and I am pissed (in both the British and American term) All I know for sure is that CJ is not moving or inspiring the team. He's a gutsy guy and I love him but he just doesn't have what it takes to make things happen. I know Mullins was fan favorite in the preseason which means absolutely zilch but since the season is now officially over why not give Mulls a shot and see what he's got???
What we got to lose? Answer: nothing

either way, its a wash. Who cares.

Just accept the 1-15 record and move on with your life.
Uh no and

This team is not making the playoffs, so just stop it.
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Uh no and

This team is not making the playoffs, so just stop it.

Umm exactly and that is why the question was asked.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Win? Really people think this team is going to win in GB?
Hell no. If you think CJs ball placement is bad then wait till you see Mullen's in a real nfl game. He loves throwing behind receivers or too high. He's gonna get our guys killed.
Share 49erswebzone