There are 232 users in the forums

*pre offseason thread ; when the dust settles WHO WILL BE BETTER ? VERNON OR KITTLE?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

*pre offseason thread ; when the dust settles WHO WILL BE BETTER ? VERNON OR KITTLE?

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Kittle has the opportunity but comparing 1 season to a career is stupid.

This. But,,,
1. I like that Kittle doesn't feel he needs to jump to catch each pass, even when it hits him in the chest.
2. Kittle catche's with his hands, and not his chest.
3. Kittle keeps his pants on, and doesn't moon everyone after each tackle. Surprised Veron didn't appear in the "Dat Ass" thread.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
THE DUKE

VS

THE KID

Based on the music in those highlight videos, neither.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

/thread. like his career after that.

Irony is he's still playing and Chancellor's career ended sooner.

Yeah, all those hard hits and PEDs caught up to his ass real quick.

VD still getting hit and still getting paid. Must be all that natural goodness in them smoothies...
Vernon Davis vs contact and him Barlowing his way into a tackle half the time when getting close to a defender annoyed me enough to already have him below Kittle
[ Edited by RonMexico on Dec 20, 2018 at 5:51 PM ]
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Not even close.

For who?

Vernon had tremendous physical gifts, was fast, and was a great blocker. But VD was an underachiever. Kittle has already shown that he can play consistently and electrify. Certainly he has to keep doing this, but to me he is already outclassed Davis.

Of course, Vernon wasn't the same after he got trucked by Kam Chancellor.

And Kittle has much better hands then Vernon. Soft versus cast-iron frypan. Kittle just fits in the West Coast offense system nicely, whereas Vernon was mostly a decoy it seems.

I agree with most of this. I think Kittle will be the better player in the end. A lot of Vernon's under achieving wasn't his fault. I am a Smith supporter but he doesn't create big numbers for his WRs and TEs. Vernon did sometimes high point the ball but not frequently enough.

I believe Kittle has it all. Better route runner, better hands, better blocking, and better run after catch. Only think Vernon has over him right now is straight line speed and his clutch games in the playoffs. I was there to watch that saints game and in the corner of the end zone where the catch 3 happened. You can't teach what he did and after Singletary called him out I thought he was a great player who people on here took for granted.

Thankfully we might now have a new star at TE and it should be fun to watch for the next few years.
[ Edited by Waterbear on Dec 20, 2018 at 6:01 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

#NeverForget

A perfect example of why you should not jump-catch every pass.

I think after it's all over, the yards Kittle will make because he doesn't leave the ground will be more than what we saw from Davis. Kittle is learning how to be clutch and if that happens - we're talking a whole nother level of player.

Would this be a flag now - hitting a defenseless receiver?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Depends which ref is throwing the flag...if his snatch is soft and itchy, then yeah, the ref will get cloth happy all day on a hit like that
Kittle actually trucks people. If vernon actually used his size and strength to run people over he would've even better than he was. Plus the jump catch is the reason why chancellor lit him up so many times.
Kittle because he is a pro bowl level guy in his second year. Took VD a bit of time
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
really now, can you really tell who is the player that was drafted in the 1st round??

I'm thinking Kittle. But will he ever have as great of a moment as the sunset of January 14, 2012?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Kittle because he is a pro bowl level guy in his second year. Took VD a bit of time

Plus a shower during halftime and one mooning by Dingleberry
Kittle and I don't think it will be close. Davis really only had a 5 year span of great play for us. I'm guessing Kittle will be our Witten. For the next 10-12 years he's going to be a 800-1100 yard guy.

Nothing against Vernon though.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 23, 2018 at 11:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

#NeverForget

He was never the same after that

Rest In Peace
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Would this be a flag now - hitting a defenseless receiver?

In 31 stadiums yes. In Seattle they'd flag it then pick it up. Unless the 9ers did it then the 9er safety would be ejected.
Share 49ersWebzone