There are 266 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ERS vs AZ CARDINALS 🌵 GAMEDAY THREAD - 2018 Season Week 5

Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ERS vs AZ CARDINALS 🌵 GAMEDAY THREAD - 2018 Season Week 5

Originally posted by Karma:
Yeah, it was not fun, but I feel more optimistic about the future. The two years before this regime took over were much worse for me. The Dennis Erickson tenure was horrific. This feels different. Don't get me wrong, this season is going to be really hard to watch, but Breida's growing confidence, Foster and Warner's chemistry, Kittle's break out, and the stable of weapons who are healing makes it feel like we are in for something special in the not too distant future. Those other years felt like hope would never come.

I dont think we have the talent we all thought we did tbh. When I say talent I mean playmakers. I think Kittle may be one not sure about anyone else. Buckner flashes every few games but hardly makes any big big plays. Same goes for Foster. Today just hurt my feelings man. The lowly Cards came in and made all the game changing plays. Where are the game breakers on this team? I feel like everything has to be schemed perfectly for us to succeed. We dont have hardly any players that go MAKE plays on their own.
Revisionist history for people who want excuses to blame the coach. This team was hot garbage when this regime took over. The good players either retired or fled after Harbaugh left. Tomsula and Kelly ran this team into the ground while Baalke flailed at any player he could find.

You can argue that Lynch and Shanahan could have added some different players, but the roster they had needed to get purged quickly.

Completely Agree
Originally posted by bud49:
I'm just getting tired of all this wait till next year crap that seems to be happening every year since little boy York decided he could not co exist with a certain HC.

And Harbs' last yr why did they do go 8-8 and miss the playoffs? Half the damn team was injured and old.

People seem to forget that they DID try to give Harbs and extension at one pt and he said no. WTF you gonna do about that?

Most teams don't win games if their starting QB goes down for the yr. this wasn't a team chalk full of proven stud vets because it was a total rebuild.

Can we stop crying about 2015 or is it too soon for some people? Good lord get over it.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by bud49:
I'm just getting tired of all this wait till next year crap that seems to be happening every year since little boy York decided he could not co exist with a certain HC.

And Harbs' last yr why did they do go 8-8 and miss the playoffs? Half the damn team was injured and old.

People seem to forget that they DID try to give Harbs and extension at one pt and he said no. WTF you gonna do about that?

Most teams don't win games if their starting QB goes down for the yr. this wasn't a team chalk full of proven stud vets because it was a total rebuild.

Can we stop crying about 2015 or is it too soon for some people? Good lord get over it.

I love you, man!
Originally posted by hubbyt:
I dont think we have the talent we all thought we did tbh. When I say talent I mean playmakers. I think Kittle may be one not sure about anyone else. Buckner flashes every few games but hardly makes any big big plays. Same goes for Foster. Today just hurt my feelings man. The lowly Cards came in and made all the game changing plays. Where are the game breakers on this team? I feel like everything has to be schemed perfectly for us to succeed. We dont have hardly any players that go MAKE plays on their own.

We don't have the talent. I think many people finally woke up today.

The first play of the game when Rosen threw a bomb for a TD with our safety being completely out of position should say it all really.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Hi, how are you enjoying this football season?

Well, the 49ers are 1-4, by far the most injury prone team in the league and my fantasy team is 0-5 because I drafted Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Goodwin, Marvin Jones, Carson and Breida.

Originally posted by hubbyt:
Yeah, it was not fun, but I feel more optimistic about the future. The two years before this regime took over were much worse for me. The Dennis Erickson tenure was horrific. This feels different. Don't get me wrong, this season is going to be really hard to watch, but Breida's growing confidence, Foster and Warner's chemistry, Kittle's break out, and the stable of weapons who are healing makes it feel like we are in for something special in the not too distant future. Those other years felt like hope would never come.

McKinnon was going to be a playmaker. Goodwin is on the cusp of being one. Breida has definitely been a game changer. Kittle is reminding me more of Jason Witten everyday.

I think the players we have been adding are getting us closer, but I know how you feel. This is demoralizing.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
From the botched extra point and then for the rest of the game, this was pretty much how it was in my household...

😂😂✔
I truly believe the FO is in place. People seem to forget that this is Shanny's first time being a head coach, Lynch a first time GM, mistakes are gonna be made. They will learn from it. There is a reason they got such long contract's because Jed knew how bad a shape we were in. We took a big step forward in there first yr cleaning house, putting in a structured atmosphere and finding our franchise qb. Too many people drank the koolaid the end of last yr and expected too much too soon, it's a process and I believe we have the right people in place to make it happen....although I'm still on the fence with our Defense Coordinator
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

The first play of the game when Rosen threw a bomb for a TD with our safety being completely out of position should say it all really.

Which could also easily fall on coaching. Arizona has two deep threats in Kirk and Nelson and you let one guy run right by you while looking into the backfield like Colbert did. Is that a talent issue or did his position coach fail to adequately prepare him for this game?

Play me some Freddie Fender, Wasted Days and Wasted Nights.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Which could also easily fall on coaching. Arizona has two deep threats in Kirk and Nelson and you let one guy run right by you while looking into the backfield like Colbert did. Is that a talent issue or did his position coach fail to adequately prepare him for this game?

He was actually looking at the crosser but yeahhhhh
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

On the replay it looked like Colbert took a HORRIBLE angle when the ball was in the air. Colbert has been a huge disappointment. He played loose last year with no expectations and we were enameled with a few of his hits, but he has regressed. Tarvarious Moore and Reed might end up seeing time there.
  • Andra
  • Veteran

I totally agree with you. It sux losing but at least you can see the potential of the sceam ito be successful if it was executed consistently. The chipsula years had no sign of success
Look at the injuries and you'll see the 2018 Niners in a nutshell. It's disappointing but we just gotta live with. Expecting backups to carry this raw team is not gonna happen
Share 49ersWebzone