Tanking?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Tanking?

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yes!!!

Anyone know how with same record and SOS?

Probably just have to put someone there.

Which teams on their schedule are different than ours? I need to know who to root against for the SOS. Lol.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Anyone know how with same record and SOS?

Coin toss. It would be a coin toss and then switching positions in the ensuing rounds.

Okay that's you and RT saying it so my thoughts were correct
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Cardinals got the number 1 now. This win wasn't worth it. He's taking Jimmy G out next year.

Except they don't...

I'm reading conflicting reports. You could be right.

Me too. Tomorrow we will know for sure

We're tied with AZ, identical SOS. Coin flip for #1. Raiduhs are third.

That's what I thought too. Others are saying we got it because the Cards play Atl?

We have only two games against non-common opponents and their records are 10-16 for both of us, dead tie.
We're tied with AZ, identical SOS. Coin flip for #1. Raiduhs are third.

NC beat me by a hair, didn't see his post.

I thought it goes record, SOS, if tied, goes to head to head and then coin flip.
NM
[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on Dec 9, 2018 at 4:58 PM ]
We're tied with the Cardinals in SOS. The two unique teams on our schedule are the Bucs/Giants, both of who we have already played. The unique teams on the Cardinals' schedule are the Redskins/Falcons, and they still have to play the Falcons.

If the draft happened right now, we would draft 1st because the next tiebreaker between division rivals is division record. Cardinals swept us.
So we need the Cardinals to beat the Falcons. Sounds good.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Probably just have to put someone there.

Which teams on their schedule are different than ours? I need to know who to root against for the SOS. Lol.

TB and NYG need to lose.
Atl and Wash need to win.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Cardinals got the number 1 now. This win wasn't worth it. He's taking Jimmy G out next year.

Cardinals aren't drafting Bosa if they have the #1 pick. They already have a stud edge rusher in Chandler Jones and another quality pass rusher in Markus Golden. They are much more likely to go with Ed Oliver, Quinnen Williams or Jonah Williams. Their interior DL and their entire OL is a disaster right now.

This.

Our biggest competition for Bosa has always been the Raiders and Raiders only... unless someone trades up.

There is no way Arizona takes Bosa over a trade down (makes the most sense) or Jonah Williams. Their offense is dreadful and it is because they have a completely garbage offensive line.

No way they pick Jonah Williams #1 and there may not be suitors for a trade down because of this QB class, Herbert hasn't even declared yet too. Pretty sure they wouldn't mind Jones and Bosa rushing the passer for them. We can hope though because you're right about their atrocious oline and offense in general lol
We're tied with the Cardinals in SOS. The two unique teams on our schedule are the Bucs/Giants, both of who we have already played. The unique teams on the Cardinals' schedule are the Redskins/Falcons, and they still have to play the Falcons.

If the draft happened right now, we would draft 1st because the next tiebreaker between division rivals is division record. Cardinals swept us.

Thank you. That's what I thought!

We're back in the driver's seat. We need to get BeatHard back in there. LMAO

We all knew what Mullens can do, it's time for Kyle to reign him in. From this point on, all games are must tank.
What do we do next year though with the back up QB spot? Do we roll with 2 back ups in Mullens and Beathard, or do we look to trade one to a team looking to have a cheap back up who can be a decent fill in if/when needed? Also who would have more value in a deal?
  • Veteran
Just tank mijo

You're right. I could swear they changed that. I've read it a bazillion times, must've missed it all this time.
No way they pick Jonah Williams #1 and there may not be suitors for a trade down because of this QB class, Herbert hasn't even declared yet too. Pretty sure they wouldn't mind Jones and Bosa rushing the passer for them. We can hope though because you're right about their atrocious oline and offense in general lol

The gap between Bosa and Quinnen Williams/Oliver isn't going to be very big at all. If the 49ers hadn't spent two of their past three 1st rounders on interior DL, I'd be perfectly fine with Quinnen Williams as the pick. He's a pretty ridiculous talent in his own right. Arizona's need at edge rusher is minimal, their need in interior DL is massive.
Share 49ersWebzone