Tanking?

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

Tanking?

• Chez
  • Hall of Fame
GO-OPPONENTS-GO
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Nov 25, 2018 at 4:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm all in on tank mode. This team needs all the help it can get.

Assuming we have our franchise QB in Jimmy, I don't even think we should keep the number one pick. Hopefully we can pick up a couple extra 1sts and stay in the top ten this year. Use that to draft an edge rusher and pick up another top teir one in FA. Keep Buck and Solly inside and dump AA.

Use the second first to build Oline in Staley replacement or top teir guard. By the time we compete Staley will retire. Build the trenches.

Finally, we need a true number one receiver.

Tank! Tank! Tank!
  • thl408
49er fan: "We need to tank for a good pick."
same 49er fan: "Damn it we lost a game, this sucks."
wtf
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
GO-OPPONENTS-GO

Ditto!
I'm all in on tank mode. This team needs all the help it can get.

Assuming we have our franchise QB in Jimmy, I don't even think we should keep the number one pick. Hopefully we can pick up a couple extra 1sts and stay in the top ten this year. Use that to draft an edge rusher and pick up another top teir one in FA. Keep Buck and Solly inside and dump AA.

Use the second first to build Oline in Staley replacement or top teir guard. By the time we compete Staley will retire. Build the trenches.

Finally, we need a true number one receiver.

Tank! Tank! Tank!

Sing it like Aretha sang, "Chain-Chain-Chain"
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
"Tanking" would be a very solid excuse for our performance... it's sad because I was watching Buffalo yesterday (vs. Jagz) and that defense was competing and playing with pride..

We on the other hand, played (vs Tampa Bay) like a team that knows aren't going anywhere anyway..
Originally posted by 9moon:
"Tanking" would be a very solid excuse for our performance... it's sad because I was watching Buffalo yesterday (vs. Jagz) and that defense was competing and playing with pride..

We on the other hand, played (vs Tampa Bay) like a team that knows aren't going anywhere anyway..

Buffalo played with pride against Blake Bortles? Sure, it was like a holiday for them.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

Buffalo played with pride against Blake Bortles? Sure, it was like a holiday for them.

They gave brady a tough time too. We couldnt muster 1 measely int vs the bucs who have thrown like 27 or some s**t

Buffalo has their corner stones in place...they just have to develop and play well. We're missing our franchise corner stone in Jimmy and still dealing with a lot of other issues. Different story IMO.

Perfect reason to tank - lots of injuries and missing your franchise QB since week 3.
Originally posted by genus49:

Buffalo has their corner stones in place...they just have to develop and play well. We're missing our franchise corner stone in Jimmy and still dealing with a lot of other issues. Different story IMO.

Perfect reason to tank - lots of injuries and missing your franchise QB since week 3.

I don't agree with Buffalo's status. They were a playoff team with a decent QB and two 1st round picks. Now, they're desperately hoping Josh Allen is The Promised One, and imo played him too soon which led to his injury. Whereas I think Cleveland is the surprise team to be watched in the AFC in the next years, I think Buffalo is fooked.

Which has nothing to do with the discussion lol...

It reminds me of when Bruce Lee was taking the junk to the Island and the Australian guy was messing with him.

"What's your style."

Bruce Lee said

"My style. It's the art of fighting without fighting."

Enter the Dragon was one of the baddest movies of all time.

"It's the art of tanking without tanking." Unfortunately, our FO has mastered tanking at the Sh*tlin temple, not the Shaolin temple.
Originally posted by genus49:

Bingo
I'm a fan of tank carradine, play him!
Arik
Reid
Ward
Garnett
Foster
Solomon Thomas

The all trash team..
This must have been posted already, but we don't have to TRY to tank...our best effort IS a tank.
Share 49erswebzone