LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Who is our starting QB on opening day 2019

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is our starting QB on opening day 2019

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
The good news is based on how early in the year this happened, I'm guessing Jimmy should be good to go near the start of next season.

Going by the Wentz timeline, he should be ready to go by late July.

Wentz torned both ACL and LCL. It appears Jimmy only torned his ACL, so Jimmy should be ready by the start of training camp with some cushion.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
useless jerk. 8m$ / game

Yeah, I'm sure he totally planned on tearing his ACL, that was at the top of his to-do list when he woke up Sunday morning.
The 2019 QB class sucks ass. I'd be shocked if Shanahan wastes a pick here even in the 3rd round.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
The 2019 QB class sucks ass. I'd be shocked if Shanahan wastes a pick here even in the 3rd round.

No reason to think that Garoppolo can't come back at full strength, hopefully Beathard shows well, then they can always look at a developmental passer in the late rounds if needed.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

This./thread
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
FitzMagic

How the hell are you getting Cousins? Do you know he plays for the Vikings?

(don't want him anyway, he sucks)

Its Jimmy's job to lose. He will be fine after a rehab.
[ Edited by Curlin on Sep 24, 2018 at 8:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Curlin:

Yep and Jimmy isn't losing his job. How is it even a question to who will be the starter next season. Unless Jimmy Garoppolo retires he's the starter next season and every season for the next 10+
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
FitzMagic

I cry because I could see it happening....
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Originally posted by Curlin:

Yep and Jimmy isn't losing his job. How is it even a question to who will be the starter next season. Unless Jimmy Garoppolo retires he's the starter next season and every season for the next 10+
Mebbe. He has this year and next- iirc- mostly guaranteed money with the niners and a lot of non guaranteed chit after that. He starts next year for sure.

After that they can cut ties with him with medium/small loss. Im sure someone can chime in here better that me about this.

I wanna see him play though

How could it be anyone BUT Garoppolo?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Let's go Jimmy.....
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
useless jerk. 8m$ / game

Yeah, I'm sure he totally planned on tearing his ACL, that was at the top of his to-do list when he woke up Sunday morning.

It's Kyle's fault he called the "Tear Your ACL play" and Jimmy didn't check out of it.....
Ken Dorsey
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
FitzMagic

No.
Share 49ersWebzone