LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 328 users in the forums

Now what?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We never had a chance this season anyway. NFC is too stacked. At least now Jimmy G will come back with an improved roster. Speaking of which Lynch better start bringing in real WRs and a real secondary by the time Jimmy is back on the field.
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
hello darkness my old friend......

Lmao perfect. This is how all of yesterday afternoon felt.

But, seriously...this eventually has to stop, right?

God you'd think so
Originally posted by crabman82:
Closa to Bosa

We will miss out on him like we do every yr in the draft
Originally posted by awp8912:
We never had a chance this season anyway. NFC is too stacked. At least now Jimmy G will come back with an improved roster. Speaking of which Lynch better start bringing in real WRs and a real secondary by the time Jimmy is back on the field.
Still pretty confident for the playoffs next year. Draft 1 or 2 edge rushers and cb's and add 2 good cb's through FA. You add a stud ER or 2 with #99 on the inside with Foster and Warner behind them=Lagit contenders. Disastrous part is that the core will not have this entire year together to be ready to un -cork next year.Getting Jimmy still has us on a sb run starting year 4. Still a lot of holes
Originally posted by socal1632:
Still pretty confident for the playoffs next year. Draft 1 or 2 edge rushers and cb's and add 2 good cb's through FA. You add a stud ER or 2 with #99 on the inside with Foster and Warner behind them=Lagit contenders. Disastrous part is that the core will not have this entire year together to be ready to un -cork next year.Getting Jimmy still has us on a sb run starting year 4. Still a lot of holes
Ageed. Still need an X receiver. Garcon is done after this year. Banking on McKinnon next year also is a risk. Not real confident in the durability of the Breida and McKinnon tandem. Should draft a RB somewhere next draft to have one on the cheap.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Exactly, we'll probably be picking top 5.

And, it will be Lynch doing the picking--just like the unfortunate Solomon Thomas pick, which will haunt us for years to come.
#49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said he's working out several FA QBs tomorrow, including Tom Savage. Kellen Clemens. TJ Yates. They asked Matt Moore, but unclear if he's going to take part. Nick Mullens will be promoted from the practice squad.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
#49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said he's working out several FA QBs tomorrow, including Tom Savage. Kellen Clemens. TJ Yates. They asked Matt Moore, but unclear if he's going to take part. Nick Mullens will be promoted from the practice squad.

None of those dudes are PS eligible. So if they are for sure promoting Mullens why work those dudes out?
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

None of those dudes are PS eligible. So if they are for sure promoting Mullens why work those dudes out?

Kyle Shanahan said: "It was hard waking up today."

Panic mode
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
The good news, or the silver lining in all this is that this likely puts us in a better spot to nab a good edge rusher in April.

I don't know if this is tongue in cheek, but I was actually thinking the same thing. I think your defense would have kept you out of the playoffs this season. You should have the resources to build it up next season.

Its a bummer Jimmy GQ went down. Being a Rams fan I might like that the division all of sudden became easier for them, but I was also looking forward to a Rams/49er rivalry making a comeback. I do remember Hoyer giving the Rams fits last year in a game that came down to a questionable offensive PI call. Who knows? Beathard knows the offense and Shanahan is very good at devising plays that scheme receivers open. If Beathard can be accurate enough they can still score points. But again, that defense.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Closa to Bosa

We will miss out on him like we do every yr in the draft

Not if we do really bad this year.
Now What? Well. We will rally around CJ Beathard and we will play good football. Just like the 99 Rams did with Warner!!!!!
Originally posted by tmpluff:
Now What? Well. We will rally around CJ Beathard and we will play good football. Just like the 99 Rams did with Warner!!!!!

You are not seriously comparing a HOF QB with CJ Beat Hard? You forget that we have seen CJ play.
Originally posted by tmpluff:

Don't remember how good that Ram's D was but we don't have one to fall back on. 40 pts per game or we get Bosa. Pretty simple
Well since I remember watching Kurt warner with the Iowa Barnstormers and seeing him not be able to stay on an NFL roaster past camp until the Rams. Sure why not. But I was mainly saying it's too early to give up on the season. Just like when Dick Vermeil said that iconic line! #Optimistic
Share 49ersWebzone