There are 252 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ERS @ LA CHARGERS⚡️ Gameday Thread - 2018 Season Week 4

Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ERS @ LA CHARGERS⚡️ Gameday Thread - 2018 Season Week 4

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by socal1632:
Need results. Shanny is 7-13..The Chargers are not one of the league's best teams...

Too early. If Shanahan goes 1-15 this year he is still not going anywhere. One reason alone is because there is no way in hell there is someone out there better to replace him.

This team is still missing legit playmakers. Lynch/Shanny still have alot to do with this roster. I just hope this next offseason, they are a little more lenient in getting star players. Part of me wants them to go after Bell. Defenses respect Bell....not so much Breida and Morris and Mckinnon for that matter.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Shanny blows 2 challenges. Can't stop the clock

Harbaughscuses
You just can't make this s--t up. The next game for us is going to be our last win of the season. Let's go out there and play with some pride fellas.........Rosen is gonna throw for 300 yards easily against this pop warner secondary

We'll have to throw up 30+ points in order to beat them since our D can't be counted on...

I also think we'll play better when the Giants / Raiders come to town. I'll be pissed to hell if we lose to Chucky's ass.

Those are the only 4 games I see us taking. We may shock one team. Given the state of our D and injuries, 5-11 is respectable. Shows the team had some fight and also keeps us high enough to draft a top end pass rusher. I'll take it.
Originally posted by captveg:
Need results. Shanny is 7-13..The Chargers are not one of the league's best teams...

Too early. If Shanahan goes 1-15 this year he is still not going anywhere. One reason alone is because there is no way in hell there is someone out there better to replace him.

Not saying that he needs replaced but now in year 2 and the team technically is playing horrifically(defensively). Honeymoon is long over and the spotlight is turning squarely in ShannyLynch
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Mistakes will happen, bad reffing will happen, the missed tackles are absolutely inexcusable.

It was like there were two different games. In the first half, the tackling was pretty good. Then it was like the forgot how to do it when they came out for the second half.

yep....not covering RBs out the back field is a killer all season...our defense needs to come up and tackle as the RBs catch the ball....once the Rbs catch it and turns up field with momentum, tackles are gonna get missed
Originally posted by BryantTheBeast:
So sad once again we are all talking about playing for next years draft.

The young defensive players need to start showing improvement for that to not be the case.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
This offseason, the D needs to be revamped...they NEED to go after FA CB's and a PR
With all the lapses, mostly on defense, I am glad I was wrong. I thought we were going to get blown out and we showed some grit. On a few key instances, it looked like we were going to pack it in but we stayed in there and had an opportunity to win.
  • dj43
Originally posted by jcs:
Oline let CJ take a serious Beat Hard....

Losing Staley hurt. Doubt the James play at the end would have happened if Joe had been at LT. He would have picked it up and made an adjustment.

The Chargers were considered the favorite to win the AFC West pre-season. They have weapons on offense. Solid defense. They lost to the Rams and then a Chiefs offense that was far better than anyone thought. With all the injuries, this was not all gloom and doom.
I loathed that 2nd and 3 call late . Why oh why not just run it. Terrible pass call
  • dj43
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Mistakes will happen, bad reffing will happen, the missed tackles are absolutely inexcusable.

It was like there were two different games. In the first half, the tackling was pretty good. Then it was like the forgot how to do it when they came out for the second half.

yep....not covering RBs out the back field is a killer all season...our defense needs to come up and tackle as the RBs catch the ball....once the Rbs catch it and turns up field with momentum, tackles are gonna get missed

That will get better as Foster and Warner gain more experience playing together. After all, this was the first game when the 49ers started what they consider to be their starting LB crew.

Acorn Head first

Strange, the story from last year was that the run d no longer was historically bad. Big step forward. But this year it looks worse. I think that literally no db can tackle an nfl RB. Exum is horrendous. I would like to know what his pff is this game vs run d.

How many missed tackles? I saw five in the last 10 minutes.
That will get better as Foster and Warner gain more experience playing together. After all, this was the first game when the 49ers started what they consider to be their starting LB crew.

agreed we need pass rushers and cb play will look really good also
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Shanny blows 2 challenges. Can't stop the clock

Harbaughscuses
You just can't make this s--t up. The next game for us is going to be our last win of the season. Let's go out there and play with some pride fellas.........Rosen is gonna throw for 300 yards easily against this pop warner secondary

We'll have to throw up 30+ points in order to beat them since our D can't be counted on...

I also think we'll play better when the Giants / Raiders come to town. I'll be pissed to hell if we lose to Chucky's ass.

Those are the only 4 games I see us taking. We may shock one team. Given the state of our D and injuries, 5-11 is respectable. Shows the team had some fight and also keeps us high enough to draft a top end pass rusher. I'll take it.

Yup sounds good. After the bye tho.... if we can get healthy a little and clean up our act, ya never know.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Acorn Head first

Strange, the story from last year was that the run d no longer was historically bad. Big step forward. But this year it looks worse. I think that literally no db can tackle an nfl RB. Exum is horrendous. I would like to know what his pff is this game vs run d.

How many missed tackles? I saw five in the last 10 minutes.
Exum was probably the best DB out there today. Maybin is just trash like ward.
I still can't believe that block in the back didn't get called
Share 49ersWebzone