There are 226 users in the forums

Who gets more touches this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who gets more touches this year?

GREAT Question. I say Morris who I think gets 20+ a game with Breida around 10-12
Duke Johnson
Jerrick McKinnon
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by jcs:
Morris...Breida is just a third down back. He also may never be good enough in pass protection to be trusted as the #1 t.v..

huh? where are you getting this from because Kyle has said otherwise.
Originally posted by boast:
Morris...Breida is just a third down back. He also may never be good enough in pass protection to be trusted as the #1 t.v..

Secret Inside sources
Le'Veon Bell
  • thl408
Originally posted by genus49:
My serious answer would be Breida.

He offers more in the passing game and I'm excited to see him play at his new weight with what is hopefully a better run blocking OL.

We didn't get to really watch him much in preseason so people are sleeping on him but practice reports were very favorable. Before his down senior year in college he was averaging over 8 yards per carry in the two seasons prior.

Now I'm not saying he's suddenly going to be David Johnson for us but I think he'll show enough to be the featured guy this year.
x2. Don't sleep on Breida the Cheetah
  • jcs
  • Veteran

He was rarely used to block last year it was almost exclusively Hyde and juice. Of his few opportunities to do so this year he took a lineman on with poor technique and ended his preseason early. He is not a refined blocker nor does he appear stout enough to take on d linemen or blitzers.
[ Edited by jcs on Sep 5, 2018 at 10:47 AM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

He was rarely used to block last year it was almost exclusively Hyde and juice. Of his few opportunities to do so this year he took a lineman on with poor technique and ended his preseason early. He is not a refined blocker nor does he appear stout enough to take on d linemen or blitzers.

what team were you watching last season? Hyde was atrocious in pass pro last season and Kyle replaced him with Breida on numerous occasions because Hyde blew it. Hyde gave up the most QB pressures of any RB last year. it's one of the main reason the team didn't resign Hyde.

by all accounts, this preseason injury to Breida was a freak injury.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Duke Johnson

Not a bad call.... I always liked Duke, and he is definitely a talented receiving back.

Niners going to have more 3rd and 3 or more 3rd and 8?
Originally posted by genus49:
Me, watching Jimmy G.

Y'all dead wrong. We get someobe first week. Book it.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Y'all dead wrong. We get someobe first week. Book it.

Wut
I think Alf can still produce & his familiarity with the offense...could have a nice productive year. He'll have his solid games for sure, and then Breida will have some as well. I think Morris has the upper hand here. He seems more durable.
Share 49ersWebzone