LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Who gets more touches this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who gets more touches this year?

Neither. The back we will trade for two days after vikings game.
More ish
alf will carry the load
What a stupid thread
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Morris...Breida is just a third down back. He also may never be good enough in pass protection to be trusted as the #1 t.v..
If alfie averages 18 carries per game hell burn out by thanksgiving. If breida does it hell drop 5 fumbles and be cut by thanksgiving. We need a third back. Maybe get demarco out of retirement. Something like that.
Morris. Actually, it is the one who escapes injury! Still expecting another running back to be signed.
After thinking about it, I think ultimately Kyle is going to ride the hot hand, but Breida has the potential for more overall touches due to his speed for outside runs and ability to mimic McKinnon in the passing game.

Morris likely gets a lot of touches in goal line situations and ball control scenarios.

If Breida has improved his hands and balance with the added weight, at 5-9 200 he'll be primed for a productive year.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 5, 2018 at 4:54 AM ]
Malfred Breidis
Le'Veon Bell in my dreams!

My serious answer would be Breida.

He offers more in the passing game and I'm excited to see him play at his new weight with what is hopefully a better run blocking OL.

We didn't get to really watch him much in preseason so people are sleeping on him but practice reports were very favorable. Before his down senior year in college he was averaging over 8 yards per carry in the two seasons prior.

Now I'm not saying he's suddenly going to be David Johnson for us but I think he'll show enough to be the featured guy this year.
Morris. Breida's mediocre pass protection will give Raheem Mostert some snaps. He's a good run blocker as well as pass protector and runs a 4.3. Only possible question is his hands as a receiver. Not saying he's not good, but there's not much to go on...MOSTERT...
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jimmyg1049ers:
What a stupid thread

Thank you for making it better.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Breida is too small to be a bell cow back. I can't name 1 RB in the last 10 years under 200lbs to be feature back for a whole season, it just doesn't happen.

Once Morris digests the playbook, it should be a 2 back committee, with both backs seeing an even split in carries.

I went with Morris, but I think it will be close also. Maybe with Morris getting more touches in the first half and Breida in the second.
Originally posted by English:
Morris. Actually, it is the one who escapes injury! Still expecting another running back to be signed.

Yeah, picked Morris because he's never missed time in his career (a crazy feat), and because Breida has never not had issues with his shoulders, going all the way back through college. I'd be surprised if Morris misses any games, just as I'd be surprised if Breida doesn't miss any games.
Share 49ersWebzone