LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

Who gets more touches this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who gets more touches this year?

• Chief
  • Veteran
I am really back and forth on this one. So lets figure it out.

Morris, big strong back, good vision, knows the offense, proven. He isn't flashy and has never caught a lot of balls but he can create holes and blocks with patience.

Breida, young speedy small guy, had a good rookie season considering the team. Had a little too many drops last season to be considered a true receiver threat at this point IMO. If he cleans that up the sky is the limit. Does he have the size (190lbs) to handle a full workload?
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Fred
Me, watching Jimmy G.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Me, watching Jimmy G.

oh lala... Thread hiJACK
I don't think it's the thread he's jacking...
I really can't tell.

On one hand, Breida is clearly a guy they really like, and I think their preference would be to see Breida earn a featured role. They didn't draft a RB this year because of their confidence in him. I actually don't agree with that move.. not because I don't like Breida, but because I think he's the type of RB you want as a change of pace back, not a feature back.

Which brings me to Morris. He is definitely less exciting. He will break off fewer big plays. But you can depend on him to follow blocks and pick up yardage. Which most of the NFL believes to be a key attribute in a feature back. Shannahan seems to see it differently, favoring speed and big play ability, and maybe he's right. We certainly paid him to be right about these choices.

I drafted both in my fantasy league...
Breida is too small to be a bell cow back. I can't name 1 RB in the last 10 years under 200lbs to be feature back for a whole season, it just doesn't happen.

Once Morris digests the playbook, it should be a 2 back committee, with both backs seeing an even split in carries.
Morris
Morris, when Kyle was OC for the redskins, Alf had 1613 yards in 2012 and 1275 yards in 2013
Alfred.

• Morgy
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Morris

Copy cat
Originally posted by Morgan49:
Morris

Copy cat

No you.
  • Morgy
Morris

Copy cat

No you.

Your mom
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Breida is too small to be a bell cow back. I can't name 1 RB in the last 10 years under 200lbs to be feature back for a whole season, it just doesn't happen.

Once Morris digests the playbook, it should be a 2 back committee, with both backs seeing an even split in carries.

Probably more than 10 years ago, but Charlie Garner was our guy that was small but could get us tough yards or big chunk plays.
Morris

Copy cat

No you.

Your mom

No, Morris will get more touches.
Share 49ersWebzone