There are 243 users in the forums

OL Shon Coleman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by captveg:
Fractured fibula is much worse than the dislocation. Ouch.

Damn that really sux
Yep, the fibula is one of those bones that has a relatively low blood flow, hence, it frequently takes a long time to heal. Garrison Hurst is an example.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
First preseason injury that actually concerns me. We were clearly trying to get by one more year without another major investment on the O-Line and depth was already a problem. I didn't have a huge problem with it because we had so many holes to fill and they did a good job at hitting a lot of them...but this could sting. Joe is old enough that a solid swing tackle was and is a big deal. Finding somebody now could be tough.

And it's not about just finding a warm body. It's about finding a veteran now late who actually knows the offense and can execute it when needed.

Hello, Gary Gilliam.

ehhh, rather have someone else, Ryan Schraeder who played for ATL may know Kyle's system.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
We'll be perfectly fine. In the range where playoff teams reside. 7th most right now, with rollover and $10M increase, may even still be middle of the pack even. This is a Paraag run ship. We'll never...ever...be in the red.

I'm not saying we're in awful shape, we're not gonna be the regular $70+ million in available cap like we've had for yrs though

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

$500k in the red for 2020 (which includes the $10M bump)

Yeah we're not gonna be $70M under next offseason, they're in the red for 2020, they should though carryover $25-$30 million, plus they can save a bunch of cap room by cutting guys like Tartt, K.Williams, Person, Tomlinson, plus if they restructure Jimmy's deal(if he has a good year) add 2 years on, they can save as much as $18M in cap room, it adds $5.5M ish to his future cap numbers but that's not an issue as carryover is a thing now luckily.

Plus they won't need to use much cap room to extend Buckner, who has a $12.378M cap number, so they can use most of that as his signing bonus proration, and a guaranteed roster bonus, same can be said for Sherman, and Juice.

The one who will take up cap room will be Kittle, who needs to be extended next offseason.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by captveg:
Fractured fibula is much worse than the dislocation. Ouch.

Damn that really sux
Yep, the fibula is one of those bones that has a relatively low blood flow, hence, it frequently takes a long time to heal. Garrison Hurst is an example.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
We'll be perfectly fine. In the range where playoff teams reside. 7th most right now, with rollover and $10M increase, may even still be middle of the pack even. This is a Paraag run ship. We'll never...ever...be in the red.

I'm not saying we're in awful shape, we're not gonna be the regular $70+ million in available cap like we've had for yrs though

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

$500k in the red for 2020 (which includes the $10M bump)

Yeah we're not gonna be $70M under next offseason, they're in the red for 2020, they should though carryover $25-$30 million, plus they can save a bunch of cap room by cutting guys like Tartt, K.Williams, Person, Tomlinson, plus if they restructure Jimmy's deal(if he has a good year) add 2 years on, they can save as much as $18M in cap room, it adds $5.5M ish to his future cap numbers but that's not an issue as carryover is a thing now luckily.

Plus they won't need to use much cap room to extend Buckner, who has a $12.378M cap number, so they can use most of that as his signing bonus proration, and a guaranteed roster bonus, same can be said for Sherman, and Juice.

The one who will take up cap room will be Kittle, who needs to be extended next offseason.

A good problem to have, in a sense. That means we actually have talent. Having said that, it sucks that the cap is affecting this team even before we've had a playoff run.
Coleman gets an extension
Nice move
Probably an update over Skule now that he's fully healthy. Might signal they want Brunskill inside at G.
Like it

John Lynch said they believed Coleman had starter potential before he went down to injury. I thought he was a solid player at Auburn.

Good depth retention.
They always copy my takes. j/k.

[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 16, 2020 at 6:21 PM ]
Wonder what kind of money Coleman got? Looks like Brunskill is gonna battle for that RG spot with Person. Person is pretty cheap at 2.5 million for 2020, and 3 million for 2021, wonder if the Niners keep him if Brunskill beats him out? Garland hopefully is brought back to be the back up C/Guard, along with Coleman+Skule as tackles. Wonder if Person ends up being a guy we trade late in pre season for a differnt player who we might need, or for a late 2021 draft pick? Seems to god to just let go for nothing since he makes so little, and is a capable starter in this league.
Talking about OL depth. I am not sold on Skule. We will see what we have in Skule next season. Having Coleman as a swing OT, and Brunskill as a backup OL for all positions or challenge for a starting interior lineman position make me happy. The remaining big question is whether Richburg can come back at 100%
Share 49ersWebzone