LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

PYMWYMI 2018

Shop Find 49ers gear online
12-4
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
6-10

Although I had high hopes when the off-season started, I don't think we did enough to improve the team and just don't see the talent to make a legitimate playoff run. Plus, we have a tough schedule and are in a hard division.

Rebuild mode continues.

So you think we have the same record as last year considering we upgraded at:

Center
Guard, even though some will say we haven't
Tackle, McG is by far superior in the run and solid in pass
WR, Garcon coming back and adding Pettis
RB, some don't like McK but he fits the offense to a T
LB, Warner is a stud and Smith is at least healthy
DLine, Armstead and Julian are at least nice depth
DBs, Sherman >> Johnson and it isn't close

Add to those pieces we're getting a massive amount of this young roster another year in the same system. Jimmy getting another year to actually master this complex offense. Sorry, I just don't see the logic in a 6 win season.

Garcon is coming back with that neck injury a year older so that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be back 100%.

McGlinchy, although playing solid, can't be said is "by far suprior in the run and pass protection." That isn't based on anything but hope.

Mckinnon for Hyde can be argued as a wash at worst. At best we slighty improved there but the jury is still out.

Armstead has been here and will likely suck again. I doubt he magically becomes a good player.

Sherman is coming off an injury and was doing downhill even before that. He was more of a product of Earl Thomas being superior than actually being that great. When Thomas went down he was exposed.

Pettis in unproven. Although i really like him. Rookie WRs don't make too much of an impact anyway.

Basically nothing major has changed with the team except we added some more hope and hope does not win games.

The thing about asking "You think we have the same record as last year considering we upgraded...?" Guess what? There are other teams in the league that also upgraded their teams so we could have a similar or worse records if we didn't outpace them. Aside from signing Jimmy G, its hard to point to anything besides hope and say that guy will have a huge impact and get us some wins. Plus, Foster will be suspended and has another concussion.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 29, 2018 at 4:46 PM ]
I see a lot of people pegging us to win the Chiefs game , I sure hope so I'm going to that game. It's going to be a shoot out they have a lot of weapons and we haven't won there in like 15 yrs. Staying optimistic!!!!!!!
10-6
9-7
10-6,

Jimmy G gets a few MVP votes as he leads the Niners first top 10 offense in yards/points since 2003.

Defense struggles getting to opposing qb at times and several of our losses are shootouts.

We sweep Seattle for the first time since 2011

Jerick McKinnon leads the team in catches

Sherman goes back to the pro bowl

We barely miss the playoffs in a tough NFC
[ Edited by Bigfishrider on Aug 29, 2018 at 7:47 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by okieniner:
I see a lot of people pegging us to win the Chiefs game , I sure hope so I'm going to that game. It's going to be a shoot out they have a lot of weapons and we haven't won there in like 15 yrs. Staying optimistic!!!!!!!

Chiefs secondary other than Fuller is junk. Their defense in general is in rebuild mode. Little pass rush. 27-17 49ers.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by okieniner:

Chiefs secondary other than Fuller is junk. Their defense in general is in rebuild mode. Little pass rush. 27-17 49ers.

I would love the win! I'm hoping like 24-20 49ers. I still picked it as a loss on the pumwymi cause of thier offence . I'm hoping for a 3-0 to start the year
First full year with Jimmy
Solid center
Better guards
Better R Tackle (run blocking)
Added Warner
Still have needs...so...10 & 6.
I forgot to add lack of a pass rush will be key also.

My head says 7-9. My heart tells me 9-7

We're still missing several pieces to compete. So, I'll go with 7-9.
13-3
So is money involved here or naw ...
Originally posted by 49erWill:
So is money involved here or naw ...

Zone needs a bookie
https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/2018-san-francisco-49ers-betting-odds

Share 49ersWebzone