There are 192 users in the forums

LB Mark Nzeocha

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not sure how long this thread will be relevant with cuts looming, but Mark Nzeocha has been second string to Eli during the preseason and has taken more snaps at SAM than anyone on the team. There's a good chance he's the guy they've identified to take over at SAM now that Eli is gone.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Not sure how long this thread will be relevant with cuts looming, but Mark Nzeocha has been second string to Eli during the preseason and has taken more snaps at SAM than anyone on the team. There's a good chance he's the guy they've identified to take over at SAM now that Eli is gone.

Doesnt marsh play SAM too? i would think he would be starting there on base downs and moving to DE on passing downs
lol He's a 7th rounder

If he's good enough to become a starter
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 23, 2018 at 9:13 AM ]
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Doesnt marsh play SAM too? i would think he would be starting there on base downs and moving to DE on passing downs

Marsh hasn't taken a snap at SAM in the preseason.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Marsh hasn't taken a snap at SAM in the preseason.

oh wow, didnt recognize that.
The key thing in the Harold trade is he wasn't going to be on the team next year...so whoever earns the SAM position would figure to be around for awhile. We saw what Coyle did last year when Foster was out...he got better. Same thing could/should happen with Harold gone. Warner's going to be in the mix, no matter what position he ends up in. With Foster, Warner & Malcolm Smith, Saleh has a ton of speed, and that's never a bad thing in the LB corps.
Who? We still need a lot of talent on defense.
  • thl408
If you re-arrange the letters in his name it spells Nachoez...mmm nachos. How you say his name?
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
The key thing in the Harold trade is he wasn't going to be on the team next year...so whoever earns the SAM position would figure to be around for awhile. We saw what Coyle did last year when Foster was out...he got better. Same thing could/should happen with Harold gone. Warner's going to be in the mix, no matter what position he ends up in. With Foster, Warner & Malcolm Smith, Saleh has a ton of speed, and that's never a bad thing in the LB corps.

Agree

AND we got something for him instead of just releasing him.
I hope he is better than Eli

Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for Waterbear.
Lol there has to be a better sam after league wide cuts this is embarrassing
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
lol He's a 7th rounder

Adrian Colbert was a 7th round pick.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
lol He's a 7th rounder

Adrian Colbert was a 7th round pick.

We have been hitting on 6th and 7th rounders the last two years.
Starting SAM, for now:

Share 49ersWebzone