LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Would any of these players have enough interest from teams to get a 7th round pick in trad

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kyle and Lynch have done a phenomenal job of creating competition at every position except pass rush. Would any of the below players gather ANY interest on the open market before roster cuts. Future 7th round picks??
Arik Armstead
Jimmie Ward
Victor Boldin
Aldrick Robinson
CJ Beathard
Aaron Burbridge
Dekoda Watson
Eli Harold
Ronald Blair
Pita Taemonopue

CJ maybe no, because he could go to PS, but the rest are not part of the teams future
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Rosters aren't built around starters alone.

Also CJ is a 2nd year player drafted in the 3rd round...that would be dumb.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Kyle and Lynch have done a phenomenal job of creating competition at every position except pass rush. Would any of the below players gather ANY interest on the open market before roster cuts. Future 7th round picks??
Arik Armstead
Jimmie Ward
Victor Boldin
Aldrick Robinson
CJ Beathard
Aaron Burbridge
Dekoda Watson
Eli Harold
Ronald Blair
Pita Taemonopue

CJ maybe no, because he could go to PS, but the rest are not part of the teams future

Under the maybe list.

Blair, Burbridge, Watson, Harold.

AA, CJ and Pita isnt worth it IMO.
Why would we want to trade Blair?
Originally posted by 9erred:
Arik Armstead
Jimmie Ward
Victor Boldin
Aldrick Robinson
CJ Beathard
Aaron Burbridge
Dekoda Watson
Eli Harold
Ronald Blair
Pita Taemonopue

like jcs stated you need depth in football...if not if but when for players to get hurt. Now if you think some of those players will be cut then sure make some calls. IMO teams will just wait for them to be cut vs trading for them though. Guys like CJ, AA, Ward while might not be fans favorites certainly have more value than a 7th rd pick at least for this season.
Originally posted by English:
Why would we want to trade Blair?

Dude is hella buried on the depth chart now. For his own sake trade him for a 7th to roll the dice on someone in the next draft.

Now if you're saying why should I care about him, well IMO we can use the extra spot for someone else when it comes to 53 cuts cause I have him making it at the moment.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Dude is hella buried on the depth chart now. For his own sake trade him for a 7th to roll the dice on someone in the next draft.

Now if you're saying why should I care about him, well IMO we can use the extra spot for someone else when it comes to 53 cuts cause I have him making it at the moment.

Buried? Watson and the guy from the Chargers is probably getting cut. Blair has more upside then either one of those dudes. Dumervil is probably getting resigned
Who would our back up QB be?
I would trade each one for a 7th.

But I don't other teams would.
Originally posted by FaTaL:

Buried? Watson and the guy from the Chargers is probably getting cut. Blair has more upside then either one of those dudes. Dumervil is probably getting resigned

My point my dude is Buck,Solly,Mitchell,Day,AA,DJ Jones, Taylor are all ahead of him. That's 7 guys even though I do have Blair making the 53 as the 8th.

Well now you know.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
I would trade each one for a 7th.

But I don't other teams would.

That is why the Harold one is a conditional 7th rounder in 2020. Kyle is really cleaning house and down to I believe 12 hold overs from the old regime, with Staley being the only starter hold over on offense. Within a year that number might be down to 7 hold overs
One down
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
One down

Wow! That'll make a lot of folks on here happy. Another Baalke-ite bites the dust!
Originally posted by FaTaL:

My point my dude is Buck,Solly,Mitchell,Day,AA,DJ Jones, Taylor are all ahead of him. That's 7 guys even though I do have Blair making the 53 as the 8th.

Once again , looking at that list we have upgraded from last yr, esp Julian, and again, our 1 best unit on the team is the DL...The depth is impressive, the only problem being injury....and there, if AA comes thru, this could be a very very, nice DL with superb depth. And all that with no ER.

Bet on QB pressure coming up the gut this yr. THAT will be where our PR comes from. But to be really top flite, Arik has got to play and play well....and then stay healthy. Big IF.
Share 49ersWebzone