LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Who's in who's out: Niners receiver corps

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
When was the last time we were worried about our sixth receiver, because our scraps would be gobbled up right away by somebody else.

I don't remember either.

It's is really cool to have good WRs.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
James won't last a week on the PS. Bourne won't last the season. Too many rook and second year QBs will need help. Then there's the Packers. Burbridge is gunner, which will get him signed somewhere. Just my opinion, I can't see the future.

I can see Burbridge getting picked up due to his special teams ability. Robinson has experience with both the 49ers and Falcons. I could see Seattle or Arizona picking him up. Both have largely underwhelming WR situations.

Bourne right now would easily be the 3rd best WR on the Cardinals. Outside of Fitz their situation is a mess. Nobody has really stood out or stepped up.
Pats released Kenny Britt. You figure they have to be calling us right? Or are we overrating how good our depth is?
Originally posted by genus49:
Pats released Kenny Britt. You figure they have to be calling us right? Or are we overrating how good our depth is?

256 yds last year and he's 29. Bourne had 257 as a rook. BB didn't use Britt and won't miss him.
I'll predict Bourne & Burbridge. ST emphasis with strong coverage (Mostert, Burbridge) and strong punter returners (Taylor, Pettis).
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by hummbabybear_1:
I'll predict Bourne & Burbridge. ST emphasis with strong coverage (Mostert, Burbridge) and strong punter returners (Taylor, Pettis).

Nah Bourne has developed good chemistry with Jimmy G., I doubt he's cut well at least 85% sure he'll be on the roster.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Bourne and James would be my picks

+1
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Nah Bourne has developed good chemistry with Jimmy G., I doubt he's cut well at least 85% sure he'll be on the roster.

85%?

Obviously it's 88%
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erWill:

85%?

Obviously it's 88%

lol

I can't give you that 3% dammit I just can't!!!
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Zero chance in hell that James sticks on the PS

You.......are correct sir!

Originally posted by 49erWill:

85%?

Obviously it's 88%

lol

I can't give you that 3% dammit I just can't!!!

You are so mean
To clarify, I think both Bourne and Burbridge make the 53; James gets cut and gets signed to the practice squad.
Bourne is a lock. Anybody who watched any of the games can see he has obvious talent. The way he outstretches and secures the ball is impressive. Cutting bourne would be a disaster. He would get snatched up so fast and actually play for some other team.
I don't see this as much of a battle. Garcon, Goodwin, Taylor, Pettis, Bourne, James all make it
How many WRs are we keeping?

MG, PG, TT, DP, KB are all locks

They might keep Burbridge for ST & might place James on the PS
Share 49ersWebzone