LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

How many Regular and Post Season games have you been at? What was your Greatest?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
1. Between 15 and 25. Not sure.
2. The Pick at the Stick. EPIC.
3. None. Always stayed until the end.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Been to a bunch of road games. The ones that stick out.

1993 vs Lions at the Silverdome. 9ers won 55-17. Place was so loud to start, Lions fans going nuts. After a running play and a sack 9ers had 3rd and long. Steve hit Taylor on a crossing route and he took it to the house. Entire building died. lol Jerry had an awesome 80 yard TD catch to start the 2nd quarter.

1994 vs Lions at the Silvedome. It was a nail bitter and they held on to win a close game. Jerry made an awesome diving catch for a short 3rd down conversion to keep the ball and ice the clock. That game started a 10 game winning streak on the way to winning the SB.

1999 vs Bengals in Cincy. 9ers lost but I met Jerry at the Rock Bottom Brewery the night before the game. Got his autograph on a coaster. lol

2001 vs Bears in Chicago. 9ers were up big then gave up 15 points in the 4th quarter to let the Bears tie the game. In overtime a Garcia pass goes through the hands of TO and the Bears return the INT like 100 yards for the walk off win. smdh

2003 vs Bengals in Cincy. Snowed the entire game. Snowball fights everywhere. Bryant Young ran onto the field during pre game slid into the endzone and made snow angles. 9ers lost. Barlow fumbled like 3 times in the redzone. smdh

2011 vs Lions Ford Field. The Jim vs Jim handshake game. lol
so jealous of fans that got to go to candlestick .... oh well at least I saw most on tv lol !!!!
Don't know how many reg season games, but only a handful...probably count them on one hand. When first moving to Paso Robles 41 yrs ago, no TV reception on the farm, so listened to every 49er game on radio ever since. Later moved to farmland closer to town and got 9ers on TV.

Post season, two games, the Dolphins at Stanford stadium with my brother sitting in the best seats i have ever been in, and smack in the middle of Dolphin territory. They were great fans, admired good plays and clapped for good plays, even if by 49ers. It was the finale, and was the season Joe and Dan Marino showed up at the Pepsi machine at the same time. Dan says, "Joe, next time i'm Buying" ...it never happened.

But the best game i ever saw was Joe Robbie stadium, we were down with 2 mins to go on the 20 yd line, right in front of our seats. WE watched the Joe and JErry/JOhn show move the ball down for JT's TD to finish off Cincy. Chris Collinsworth would later say, "I watched as Joe just took that SB ring off my finger, one play after another. It was awful." Not for us it wasn't. And it almost ended before it began when joe's second pass went right to the LB who let is slip between his fingers. Greatest game i ever saw of anything in any sport...any time. Oh, at the start of that final series, joe looked over at us and pointed. I thot he was looking directly at me and my dad. Later i found out it was John candy, who must have been sitting just a couple seats away from us.
I've been going to games since '79.

Most memorable is the last game at the stick.

Weirdest was the "no more sweeps" game

Saw Deion return a pick six in San Diego.

Jimmy G win in Texas last year. I love the turnout of niner fans at road games
I've been to many Regular season games but one that stood out to me was when we upset Brett Favre and the Jets. We weren't expected to win that game and I don't know if you remember but Willis had an amazing hit on Brad Smith and I watched that live it was epic.

Playoffs - 2011 Divisional Playoff Watching the Catch 3 Live vs the saints and seeing the fans at Candlestick crying was memorable. We were so excited that day.Up and down scoring
Playoffs Vs Packers Divisional 2012 - Watching Kaepernick go crazy and dominate.. Never seen anything like that let alone in person. Damn that was our year man
[ Edited by PrimeTime on Aug 21, 2018 at 10:11 AM ]
The Catch game, with my Dad, and brother. Section 2, Row 3, Seats 19, 20, and 21.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
I've been to 9 home game and 1 road game. Best game was the Playoff game vs the Saints 2011
Been to countless games,most memorable game for me is the 2011 Saints Divisional game. Jumping out to a early lead only for the high powered Saints offense to come storming back . The final 4 minute lead changes, Alex running it in had me about in tears, then the Vernon Post (Catch III) The Stick was Electric that day! there are a lot of other game days that will always be remembered, but that game will always be up there for me.

#IMISSCANDLESTICK

GO NINERS!
49ers last game at 🕯️ stick will always be my favorite. The energy in that stadium when we won will be unmatched forever. (Unless we win a SP at Levi's)

Two:
1) 1970 Kezar
Third to last regular season game at Kezar against the Falcons. 24-20 win. Saw game with Dad and four older brothers.
2) 1988 Candlestick
Totally lucked out on 50-yard line seats. Sat next to the Vice-Mayor of Tiburon. Huge MNF game against the Redskins.
Niners hadn't been to the SB in four years. They were on a two game losing streak, three of four. 6-5, another disappointing season looming. Skins got the lead early, then a Dynasty Highlight play - huge defensive hit, forced fumble, long return for TD. Later, a 90+ yard TD punt return by John Taylor. Good times. 37-21.
Niners didn't look back till Craig's fumble two years later.
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Have had Season Tix since 05. Went to the last three home playoff games and Super Bowl vs Ravens.

Worst moments: Kyle Williams fumble, Kap to Crabtree miss at Super Bowl.

Best Moment: Alex to VD touchdown vs Saints, Jimmy G comeback drive vs Titans.
[ Edited by Happs on Aug 21, 2018 at 12:16 PM ]
Originally posted by 60sFan:
For me it was two games the 49ers won in 1970 against Denver and Cleveland. Not that those games were great, the memory for me is that my dad had taken me to those games. It was the first year the 49ers won the western division championship and the last year they played at Kezar Stadium. BTW, my dad is still alive and kicking at 89 and we still talk Niners.

How many of you have been to a game at Kezar?
[ Edited by 60sFan on Aug 21, 2018 at 12:31 PM ]
Dad was a sports writer, covered the team in the seventies. We had what was called a "box" down around the 45 yard line. Sometimes it was just my brother and I in the box, and dad in the press box. We got to games several hours early and hung with him while he did pregame interviews, and then we stayed for the post game stuff.

We stayed until late in the evening as he wrote his piece, then we drove downtown to drop it off. I was s**t disturber, and pretty young, between the ages of 7-10 years old.
I would get in trouble, security would chase me all the way to press box. Then I would have to spend the rest of the game up in the press box.

It was full of cigar smoke, booze and drunk reporters, even the TV and radio guys were drinking. The good old days. Pops, passed in 77, but the team left 6 nose bleeds seats at will call for us, until Eddie D took over, he didn't know my old man, so the gravey train stopped.

By the late 80's early 90's I was able to buy my own season tickets, you could always find a pair of seats for face value in the want adds of the Chrinicle back then.

Games that stick out from the era are Jerry Rice's Monday night, setting the TD record against the Raiders, the time Phill Sims tried to fight Ronnie Lott after the game, the Saints on a Monday night for the division and Home field in the play offs. I didn't go to play off games back then, couldn't afford the tickets, and generally who ever sold their regular season, didn't want to sell their playoff tickets.

Lots of memories at the stick, it was like my childhood died a little when the tire it down. So many of the players, sports writers, coaches, and owners that knew have passed on, losing the stick was like losing one of them.

I will be going to my first game at Levi's this year, taking my son and a few friends, it will be all of our first times at the new park!
Another memorable game I attended was in 1963 at Kezar vs the Bears. The Niners put the only loss on the Bears that afternoon during the Bears 1963 championship season.
Share 49ersWebzone