Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
5up 3down. Each game this year I will do my 5 standout players and 3 players who disappointed .

5up👍

Jimmy G- Showed he is the real deal after a so-so first Pre-season game. Dropped sone dimes in there and his quick release is 😮. He's a stud.

D.J Jones- Absolutely dominated when be was in there. 2nd year 6'2 318pd DT from Ole Miss seen to standout when he gets playing time and this game in particular he more than stood out. He moves very well for a big guy and is very stout at the point of attack. He def starts next year but he is coming for Earl Mitchell's job right now. We have two very good backup DT's in Jones and Day who could start for some teams.

Marquise Goodwin/Trent Taylor- Goodwin had a real nice games and is looking like our #1 WR. Taylor meanwhile in his first game back since back surgery was his solid usual self and once again looks like Jimmy G's security blanket. Wes Welker 2.0

Fred Warner- Rookie LB really good and stood out in his first NFL game. He's def a keeper.

Backup DB's- The young fellas are a raw, experienced but talented group. Their arrow continues to go up. Tavarus Moore had another real strong game. His closing speed really jumps out at you and his 6'1 200pd long frame. He's a legit player and I thought he would basically be a redshirt this year learning to play corner but he is looking like he already belongs. Mabin had another strong game as did D.J Reed who I love and Powell and McFadden also played solid. This I'd a talented and pretty deep group.

Honorable mention:
Mike McGlinchey- was real solid, especially in pass pro. He's a day 1 starter.
Jeremy McNichols- He totally outplayed Joe Williams

3 down 👎

Jimmie Ward: continues to look lost and awful. If his $8mill salary we're not guaranteed he might be in danger of not making the team.

Joe Williams- after a solid camp he has put up two duds in the PS games and is now hurt and may not make the team. Wasted 4th Rd pick.

Cassius Marsh/Jeremy Attachou: I know it's only pre season but I am worried about these two guys. They were expected to upgrade the pass rush and so far they look like a downgrade from Elvis Dumbervil who I still say will be in a 49ers uniform week 1.

Thoughts?

Isn't that more like 6 up 4 down?

If you add up all the backup DBs mentioned, more like 10 Up, 4 Down